Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Monday March 18, 2024
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Newbies & FAQs

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 09-20-2005, 04:08 PM   #1
NikkisRSWgn
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 96488
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Vehicle:
2005 RS on outside
Silver

Question Problems with my RS Wagon

I lowered my RS Wagon about a week ago. Last weekend I had my rims and tires put on. Ever since the rims and tires were put on Ive been having a grinding noise that sounds like its coming from the center or more towards the back of my car. The noise only seems to be occurring when Im in first gear hitting aroung 3500 to 4000 rpms and when I am backing up. Could this be a suspension problem? rubbing of the wheels? Or could something have been cracked when the wheels were put on? Any feed back would be great.

Also here it goes

The noise seems to be coming from under the passenger side rear seat area. The sounds like the sound could be coming from the area where a bushing is located to the area where it is connected to the car undercarriage. On each side of the car under the back seat area you have a bar connecting to the car to the center of the car. I was told this is to keep the car centered while driving. I was told when this bushing goes out you get knocking sounds from this area when put under pressure. Can anyone verify this?

It may have been damaged while changing the wheels of the car. When jacking up the car, I tried to pick it up from the suggested area but when I did that, the area started to fold. Not as strong as they claim. So I found the best part possible to lift but did not notice that area had a bushing. So I lifted it and ever since then we have had this noise. I was told it could be possible I crushed the bushing so when under load it begins to vibrate and cause the ruff rubbing sound and knocks. Keep in mind this noise only happens when at times in reverse or under heavy load in first. The car has been lowered for three weeks with no noise or problems until just this past weekend when we put the wheels on.
NikkisRSWgn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links