Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday April 2, 2020
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Subaru Models > Impreza Forum

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 03-05-2020, 10:51 PM   #1
LTM87
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 307759
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Vehicle:
2004 Impreza WRX

Default Selling A Salvage Title WRX

I'm about at the point where my WRX journey is over - having a salvage title 04 WRX that I bought 'restored' with 32k on it, and putting about 60k of pretty problem-free miles on it. I'd used it as a test-bed for contributions to open-source tuning, but it was never anything that hammered the powertrain.

- CV boot tear, no real play in the joint yet

- Front wheel well has it's splash guard removed - hadn't been driven in rain without it, but autozone can't seem to ship me the correct one.

- It lacks catalytic converters. I have the catted uppipe, but really dont want to bother putting it back.

- The entire keyless entry system is removed. Apparently, when it was totaled it was a side impact and they swapped the driver door out... but not the lock cylinder. So to unlock the car, one must unlock the passenger door with the key, then hit the unlock button.

- The endlinks pop a little bit at times.

- Exterior has a few dings, from a distance it looks good, but looking closer you can see them

- On the topic of that, While the panel spacing is pretty good, something got messed up in the c-pillar that causes a little bit of water to leak into the trunk.

Mechanically speaking, it's in wonderful shape. Great compression, no leaks, all the accessory systems are good. It's got a bunch of upgrade parts including a larger blouch TC.

I could put the work in and essentially hide/fix most of those problems, but I almost feel dirty doing that - I dont want a private buyer to feel like they didn't get what they paid for.

Is it a better call to part it out? That'd be a bummer as it runs great and looks decent, but to the point of selling it, I'm not even sure of rough fair price point. 6k, 7?

Thanks a ton for any input

Last edited by LTM87; 03-15-2020 at 10:26 PM.
LTM87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-21-2020, 12:55 PM   #2
greydog
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 512782

It is always better to sell the whole car than parting it out
greydog is offline   Reply With Quote