Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday August 13, 2020
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
Click here to visit TireRack
Brakes & Suspension Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack

Losing traction? Need new tires?
Click here to visit the NASIOC Upgrade Garage...
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Brakes, Steering & Suspension

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 07-14-2020, 04:13 PM   #1
jeffambo
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 507933
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Vehicle:
13 WRX Base Hatch
Black

Default Ordering Koni Struts from the Koni Website...

So, Koni was having a sale in May and I ordered all 4 struts/shocks sometime in May. I was under the impression that they were in stock because there have been times that it simply wasn't possible to order the struts from their website when I assume they were not in stock but no information is displayed on their website.

Well, it's been 2 months and I still don't have the damn things. I've emailed Koni twice, the first time about a month ago and they claimed the parts were in stock and they would 'try to have them shipped as soon as possible' and I emailed them 7 days ago and I got the same response.

I know Covid is hurting company's ability to get things shipped out but I've literally ordered maybe 20 different parts for the car after ordering the Konis, from brakes, springs, braces, bushings, lights etc and those all came in about a week tops.

Has anyone else had a similar experience ordering from Koni? Is this normal?
I'm close to doing a chargeback on my card and ordering them from CarId.com because they have them in stock and claim to 'have them shipped in 24 hours'.

I think I'll stick to vendors from now on lol

Last edited by jeffambo; 07-23-2020 at 03:12 PM.
jeffambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-23-2020, 03:11 PM   #2
jeffambo
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
13 WRX Base Hatch
Black

Since this thread was really popular I thought I'd post an update.

So long story short, I ordered the parts in May and 2 months later they still weren't shipped out despite the parts being in stock the whole time according to their support emails.

I was going to issue a charge back with my bank when I remembered reading about the BBB sometimes helping in situations like this. So, I filed a complaint with the BBB and selected the desired outcome as "Complete the Job."

I filed with the BBB 3 days ago and today I recieved a UPS shipping confirmation email indictating that my struts will be arriving TOMORROW! yay

I gotta say, I'm really surprised the BBB was this helpful.

I have no ill feelings toward Koni, I just hope they aren't upset about the complaint and send me bad/wrong parts.
Old 07-23-2020, 04:45 PM   #3
Samurai Jack
Scooby Guru

Member#: 21145
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
2002 Enemy of Aku

How do you know the BBB had anything to do with it?

Seeing news reports on major networks in the past how people / companies get their ratings updated based on how much they pay in extortion to get a better rating makes me think it's more circumstance than anything else
Samurai Jack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2020, 07:06 AM   #4
jeffambo
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
13 WRX Base Hatch
Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai Jack View Post
How do you know the BBB had anything to do with it?

Seeing news reports on major networks in the past how people / companies get their ratings updated based on how much they pay in extortion to get a better rating makes me think it's more circumstance than anything else

Part of the BBB complaint process includes a response from the company, if they are so inclided obviously they aren't legally required to do anything the BBB asks, but they apologized again and said the parts were being shipped out that same day.

I really didn't want to go that route but they left me with no choice, 5 weeks prior they said the parts were in stock and were being shipped out and again 4 weeks after that. Another email asking about the progress of the items seemed pointless to me, as I would just get the same response and then be sitting and waiting not knowing if the parts were ever coming.
Old 07-27-2020, 08:54 AM   #5
Samurai Jack
Scooby Guru

Member#: 21145
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
2002 Enemy of Aku

Well, hopefully you will get them very soon.
Using that process is there for a reason. It's to wake vendor's up and get their **** together for money already spent.

There are stronger routes as well.
Samurai Jack is online now   Reply With Quote