Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Sunday December 17, 2017
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Newbies & FAQs

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 11-23-2017, 06:50 PM   #1
ThatRotaryGuy
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 478176
Default New NASIOC, New to Subarus

What's up everyone, like the title says a complete newbie, though I'm looking to change that. There is 2000 impreza near me for sale, the car has 126k+ an it looks bone stock from photos I've seen of stock engine bays . Can anyone point to a "Do's an Don't" post for this particular body style, or a 00' Impreza buying guide .

Again nice to meet everyone
ThatRotaryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-24-2017, 12:53 PM   #2
HoneyChamp
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 463155
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2002 WRX Wagon
Midnight Black Pearl

Nice to meet you. I had a 99 until about a year ago so I may be able to help you out. The main issue to look out for would be rust. Get under the thing and check for bad frame or suspension rust. That The other issues I know of multiple cars having is the steering rack and the oil pan. Look for leaks. Other than that ask for service records and check the fluids. The car will last you forever if you treat it right. Mine got hit and totaled at 190k+ and my friend sold his at 240k a few years ago and the new owner still drives it.

If you want any other tips I know the Unabomber's manifesto (which is a stickied post) has a large section about buying subarus . Beyond that check out the 97-01 impreza section on here for anything specific.

If you post pictures I can tell you if it's stock or not and try my best to help you out.
HoneyChamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2017, 02:01 PM   #3
Brap740
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 475572

Donít buy off a kid.
Brap740 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2017, 02:06 PM   #4
HoneyChamp
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 463155
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2002 WRX Wagon
Midnight Black Pearl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brap740 View Post
Donít buy off a kid.
I wouldn't buy a modified turbo car off a kid because they never tune it but on a clean n/a impreza they should be fine.

It isn't always a kid thing though. I've met plenty of younger guys who take better care of their car than a lot of adults I know. Just comes down to if the guy is an idiot or not
HoneyChamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2017, 03:52 AM   #5
ThatRotaryGuy
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 478176

I thought all 2.5rs models came turbo charged!?
ThatRotaryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote