Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Saturday March 30, 2024
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
Texas Impreza Club
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Chapters > Texas Impreza Club Forum -- TXIC

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-08-2010, 03:17 PM   #1
Bankheist
Scooby Guru

Member#: 2237
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Vehicle:
2000 GC8 STi
2015 Ford Mustang GT

Default Old School Meet #3 - June 11-13 - Austin / Hill Country

Just so everyone knows... this meet is for EVERY Subaru! not just the old ones!

The route is almost identical to last years... except the beginning and end for the Saturday portion will be held at COBB Tuning's new headquarters in North Austin. Lunch will be south of Fredericksburg.

Tshirts will be $20 unless I can get more than 30 purchased. if that's the case, I'll refund everyone accordingly. Price drops to $15 if I can get that many ordered. Drop-dead date for ordering is May 21! See next post for more info.

Here's the rough itinerary we've already come up with and the map of the route

Starting out in North Austin at the new COBB Tuning Headquarters in north Austin (2311 W Rundberg Suite 500
Austin, TX 78758). From there we'll take TX-360 (The Capital of Texas Hwy) around the outer skirts of ATX, down to US290 to head west. It's kinda boring till we get off 290 and head southwest along Farm Road 165 just outside the town of Henly enroute to Blanco.

The road from Blanco to Luckenbach is an absolute blast! much of the drive follows the Blanco river.

This year we're meeting for lunch south of Fredericksburg... last year was a disaster trying to get parking and everyone fed... this year... here's where we're going Alamo Springs Cafe, Fredricksburg Texas

From there we head to Fredericksburg where I suggest we fill up the tanks before the rest of the drive.

Then we head north to Llano via Enchanted Rock (this was an exceptionally FAST road last year! We then start heading east back to North Austin. The road from Bertram down to 1431 is a blast as well!... that's the one where some of the guys wanted to go back up just to do it again!

I'd like to break into pack of 6-8 cars if we get too big... less worry for traffic lights and such:

Ideally, I'd like to keep speeds down as well... we got a little crazy last year and I honestly think we got lucky only losing a fender liner that ended up hitting Tess' car.

Friday night 15.2mi drive (night)
Meet at Pluckers at 183 and Burnet... anytime between 7-9

Around 10, I say we head down Mopac to 2222 (nightrun) over to 360 and then take the back way to Hula Hut on Lake Austin... its a nice place to go and chill that late at night, the parking lot will be very open at that hour as well.

Saturday 238mi drive, 26 mi longer than last year
Meet at COBB Tuning's brand new headquarters in North Austin @ 9:30 (2311 W Rundberg
Suite 500 Austin, TX 78758). We'll roll out once everyone is accounted for...

We'll conclude at COBB HQ and take a break to head back to hotel rooms or houses and get rested up for the FEAST at m@stro's pad... (see next post for more info and how to order your meal)

Sunday 15.8mi drive
Breakfast at Manny Hattan's... same as last year, but maybe this time we can meet by 10... reason being is that many of you missed out on the drive we did on 2222 and then Spicewood Springs... which I hope to repeat this year.

Saturday's Map (Exact address to COBB HQ yet to be named) (new route modifications highlighted in yellow)

Friday and Sunday's Maps

Last edited by Bankheist; 06-02-2010 at 02:18 PM.
Bankheist is offline   Reply With Quote