Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday March 28, 2024
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Warranty Issues & SOA Problems

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 10-14-2012, 11:27 AM   #1
MJEFF
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 221174
Default Noisy Trans 09/Impreza 5spd

We have a 09 Impreza, recently the trans is making a howl. Had a Subie (not a dealer)only garage check it out while they were doing the 30K service. They diagnosed it as a bearing noise in the rear of the trans.
Took it to Patrick Subaru, Shrewsbury, MA., made a appt for early Monday to have them look at it. We purchased it from them. It is covered by the power train warranty.

Has anyone had this similar problem? MJEFF
MJEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-15-2012, 04:24 PM   #2
MJEFF
Scooby Newbie

Default Noisy Trans 09/Impreza 5 spd

This is an update on our car. Went to the dealer to have them diagnose the transmission problems, they did question how I knew it was a bad bearing in the transmission. It makes a lot of whinning in 4/5th gear at 50mph, pretty simple as I have been in the auto business for 30yrs and while it may be a bad 4th /5th gear set, there is something seriously wrong with the trans. As was stated on the repair order, we dropped the car off this afternoon and the service rep said they would not fix the trans, just get a new one and ship the old one back. No cost to us.

The car should be repaired by Friday. MJEFF
Old 10-16-2012, 05:20 PM   #3
MJEFF
Scooby Newbie

Default Noisy Trans 09/Impreza 5spd

Got a call back from the dealer today, Impreza is ready and they had to put in a center diff ay , 2 roller bearings and a ball bearing.
I asked to look at the parts and the center diff assy was quite large and heavy...Car is back to normal. MJEFF