Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Tuesday March 19, 2024
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Interior & Exterior Modification

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 01-11-2018, 07:54 PM   #1
ChUt26
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 465695
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
2017 WRX Premium
Black Silica

Default Wiring Switchback C Lights

Hey all....

I already have the switchback C light installed on my 17 WRX, and am currently using a very crappy Subispeed DRL harness. I wanted to ditch their harness and just tie in the wiring with the factory wiring for a cleaner look.

Since I have a premium WRX I have the spot for the factory halogen 194 bulb that originally lighted up the C light which is obviously not being used anymore. Would I be able to use the factory wiring from the OEM C light harness, and use a t-tap to wire into the switchback C lights? I'm not sure if the factory wires run on a different voltage or amperage than the LED c lights would use?

Lastly how should I run a wire from the DRL plug that is behind the passenger side fog light? Do I t-tap a wire to each C light positive wire?
ChUt26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-12-2018, 02:14 PM   #2
gigglez916
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 445124
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Vehicle:
2017 WRX
CWP

If you have the Diode Dynamics C light, you should take a look at their DRL wiring harness. It's completely plug and play.
gigglez916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 02:38 PM   #3
wrbrexx
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 461037
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Vehicle:
2016 Subaru
World Rally Blue

Default Wiring Switchback C Lights

Yes you can tap the c light into the parking light or side marker + and -
Edit: You could either route a wire from each of the c lights bright mode (red wire) or just use the diode dynamics drl harness which does the same thing only it comes with a connection to the factory harness so its clean.

Last edited by wrbrexx; 01-12-2018 at 04:57 PM.
wrbrexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 09:27 PM   #4
Jas31483
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 499083
Default Issue with DD C Light

First, I'd like to apologize for piggy backing off this thread, I'm a new member and unable to start a new thread.

Second, I'm having an issue with the DD C Light in my 18 WRX premium. Everything was working flawlessly until today when I washed the car. The passenger side c light is dimmer than the driver's side one and is flickering when turned on. I've torn apart the car and checked all the wiring and found nothing out of the ordinary. Oddly when the c light is activated for turn signal, it flashes amber just as it should and at the right brightness.

I'm lost, any idea on what the issue may be? I've read on other threads something about an old switchback board and using led high beams, which I have, OLM LED?'s. Could that be the issue? I thought about changing out the t taps with new t taps, seeing maybe if that could be the issue.

Any insight is greatly appreciated.

Thank You!
Jas31483 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 12:38 PM   #5
MrSTIGuy17
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 500573
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2017 STI
CWP

Does anyone know where the signal/power wire is for the c-lights so when you turn on parking for example, the c-lights/boomerang go on? With the 2017 headlights I have, I can't just replace the bulb like some other older models, but wondering if there's a specific wire that I can splice into to power on the c-light/boomerang as DRL's.
MrSTIGuy17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 03:33 PM   #6
nationuar
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 470898
Chapter/Region: W. Canada
Vehicle:
2018 WRX
CWP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jas31483 View Post
First, I'd like to apologize for piggy backing off this thread, I'm a new member and unable to start a new thread.

Second, I'm having an issue with the DD C Light in my 18 WRX premium. Everything was working flawlessly until today when I washed the car. The passenger side c light is dimmer than the driver's side one and is flickering when turned on. I've torn apart the car and checked all the wiring and found nothing out of the ordinary. Oddly when the c light is activated for turn signal, it flashes amber just as it should and at the right brightness.

I'm lost, any idea on what the issue may be? I've read on other threads something about an old switchback board and using led high beams, which I have, OLM LED?'s. Could that be the issue? I thought about changing out the t taps with new t taps, seeing maybe if that could be the issue.

Any insight is greatly appreciated.

Thank You!
The DD C-light dims when the DRL is on AND the low-beam signal is on. Use a 12v battery and check to make sure its not the board. Then use a multimeter to check continuity. The wire could have been pinched or there could be a faulty connection.
nationuar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 03:36 PM   #7
nationuar
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 470898
Chapter/Region: W. Canada
Vehicle:
2018 WRX
CWP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSTIGuy17 View Post
Does anyone know where the signal/power wire is for the c-lights so when you turn on parking for example, the c-lights/boomerang go on? With the 2017 headlights I have, I can't just replace the bulb like some other older models, but wondering if there's a specific wire that I can splice into to power on the c-light/boomerang as DRL's.
You can use the amber side marker light (inside headlight assembly) which is turned on for parking and high and low beam. The only DRL signal comes from below the passenger side headlight. There is a clip going into a resistor bolted onto the frame with a large heat sync. Best bet is to use a combo of DD DRL plug and amber side marker.
nationuar is offline   Reply With Quote