Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Friday March 29, 2024
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
Mid West Subaru Owners Club
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Chapters > Mid West Subaru Owners Club Forum -- MWSOC

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 08-26-2015, 09:03 PM   #1
COTAJerry
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 428459
Default Outback tranny problems...Please Help

Here is my dilemma. I have a 2002 Outback sitting in my driveway that my wife bought for my stepson. This was a running, driving car that he drove almost an hour to get home with the air on and the radio jamming and was tickled to death that the gas gauge didn't move. Now week 2. He has an issue with the power steering or alternator ( I don't even remember and don't care), then he says the tranny is acting up and won't shift. I drive the car and other than it hesitating to go in drive from a stand still ( which it did when we test drove it) it ran out fine and shifted good, even hit passing gear, no issues. Then he calls my wife one evening and tells her the tranny is busted, that's right BUSTED. According to him he was "just driving down the road" when it made a bang and that was it. It is cracked from the top of the CV joint all the way to the top of the hogshead on the passenger side and I recently discovered another break in the case on the driver's side. It's code is TZ1A4ZCDBA-RM. I have available to me a 1998 Forrester with codeTZ1A3ZC2AA-P8. If I swap out the TCM can I make this work or should I just find what was in it?????? PLEASE HELP
COTAJerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links