Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Friday September 20, 2019
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Member's Car Gallery

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 01-31-2015, 09:58 PM   #26
Shik
NASIOC Supporter

Member#: 132
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
2006 GT Ltd 5spd sdn
'15 WRX 6spd CWP, '02 WRX

Quote:
Hmm... where to go from here...
I say you purchase a Subaru roof vent kit and have it fitted to see how well it fits the VA cars, then let me know!

And TE37's are timeless and look fantastic on these cars. Great choice!
Shik is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-01-2015, 12:44 AM   #27
Stickers
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 301428
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Vehicle:
2015 WRX
CWP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shik View Post
I say you purchase a Subaru roof vent kit and have it fitted to see how well it fits the VA cars, then let me know!

And TE37's are timeless and look fantastic on these cars. Great choice!
Hmmm.... definitely goes with the direction things are headed... (if only that fender was for sale and not something custom)

Also, thanks! Crazy watching how the TE37 keeps evolving, I wonder where they'll be going after the Ultra, hahaha.
Stickers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 01:57 AM   #28
tempted
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 157525
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2015 STI
CWP

Kind of close to that fender.
tempted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 11:22 AM   #29
Stickers
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2015 WRX
CWP

Quote:
Originally Posted by tempted View Post

Kind of close to that fender.

Unfortunately it is a faux wide fender, and Extreme Dimensions has always made crap parts.
Old 02-07-2015, 04:03 PM   #30
Stickers
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2015 WRX
CWP

Finally installed.
Old 04-10-2015, 01:31 AM   #31
underskore
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 223303
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Vehicle:
2015 WRB WRX LIMITED
Package 22 6-Speed

Car looks great Alex!

Wanting to see some shots from the front but showing the amount of poke... friend of mine has a set of RE30s from his Evo X that are 18x10.5 +25 and he has them for a price so low I would be a fool not to try them on! lol I'm just curious as to how much poke yours are showing... -1.5 camber is pretty damn close to stock so that isn't a problem.
underskore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 10:57 PM   #32
Stickers
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2015 WRX
CWP

Quote:
Originally Posted by underskore View Post
Car looks great Alex!

Wanting to see some shots from the front but showing the amount of poke... friend of mine has a set of RE30s from his Evo X that are 18x10.5 +25 and he has them for a price so low I would be a fool not to try them on! lol I'm just curious as to how much poke yours are showing... -1.5 camber is pretty damn close to stock so that isn't a problem.
Thanks! At the moment the front end is a bit messed up from an accident, I'm waiting for someone to release a nice aftermarket option. I'll take a shot tomorrow from front on, but this angle kind of shows the poke.

With the wider wheel and lower offset you'll be pushing an extra 14mm wider than this setup, so you'll most likely need 2-3 degrees camber to stuff them under the fender, or just run mexi-poke. My fenders are rolled and pulled, you'll definitely need that as well.
Old 04-13-2015, 09:30 PM   #33
Stickers
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2015 WRX
CWP

Arrow

Slightly more helpful shot.

Old 09-11-2019, 07:17 PM   #34
Stickers
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2015 WRX
CWP

Four years later...

Becoming a parent and all that entails have dictated that the car get sidelined a bit for other things in life. Recently I have been able to work on the build again, including refinishing my TE37s and getting them back on the car. (hit me up if you need a set of OEM wheels with TPMS, btw)

I'm in the final stages of prep for my brake upgrade, and will be doing my best to document and see if there are any pieces of data I can provide to the community on it. I am no expert, but I figure we can all benefit from helping one another out on this. I am going to be going with West End Alignment in Gardena for the install. They've worked on my car in the past (second post is when they put my wheels on), and I trust them with getting everything buttoned up correctly.

Leftside pictures are Detective Coating, LLC. I worked with Jason and he was helpful every step of the way, including answering some questions I had about specs for a part unrelated to my powdercoating job with them. Work was completed in a timely fashion and with quality workmanship in mind. They've probably done thousands of sets of calipers at this point. Rightside pics are a different shop I worked with, as you can tell things didn't go so great.

I'm on instagram as @originalstickers if you want to chat or look at other photos of the car.

Last edited by Stickers; 09-13-2019 at 04:49 PM.
Old 09-12-2019, 01:14 AM   #35
wuuusaa
Scooby Guru

Member#: 92894
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Vehicle:
2015 Wrx

I'm a sucker for purple, i love the brembos.
wuuusaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 02:56 AM   #36
Stickers
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2015 WRX
CWP

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuuusaa View Post
I'm a sucker for purple, i love the brembos.
thanks! Can't wait to see what they look like against the white.
Old 09-17-2019, 01:57 PM   #37
Stickers
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2015 WRX
CWP

One small note is to make sure that you prepare the holes for the pad pins. As you can see above, powdercoat will fill in the hole a bit and make it smaller.

A round file works great for the backside hole, and then some 220 grit sandpaper rolled into a tube can do the frontside one. The frontside hole jumps down to a smaller diameter, and the tip of the pad pin seats on this lip.

If you are installing your freshly powdered calipers yourself, this will save time on the day-of. If you're having a shop do it then it'll prevent them from having to take extra time to clean out the holes and charging you for the extra labor... OR preventing the shop from bashing the pins in with a mallet and then having a bad time taking them out the next time you need to change pads.

TL/DR - put all your stuff together before you reinstall. This will save you time and trouble.

Last edited by Stickers; 09-17-2019 at 04:18 PM.