Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Tuesday September 25, 2018
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Classifieds > Vendor 'For Sale' Classifieds > Engine/Power/Exhaust

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 08-01-2018, 05:21 PM   #151
dricacho
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (0)

Member#: 484614
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Vehicle:
2018 WRX Premium
WRB

Nice, would love to hear a progress report from you every now and then. I've been watching this guy on youtube who has ran this tune since Feb. The only problem he had was that he friend his clutch from hard launches and flat-shifting all the time. He then recommends that this tune should not be for daily driving but perhaps for weekend track racing if that's your thing. I just got the stage 1 tune from MAPerformance yesterday just to try their tune and so far, this tune is way better than the Cobb Stage 1 OTS map. I'll run this tune for a month or two and maybe try the e30 tune after.

Quote:
Originally Posted by meebs86 View Post
I've been running this tune for about 2k miles on my '18.
dricacho is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-01-2018, 05:50 PM   #152
SoobieShane
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 446719
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Vehicle:
2016 WRX
GMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by dricacho View Post
Nice, would love to hear a progress report from you every now and then. I've been watching this guy on youtube who has ran this tune since Feb. The only problem he had was that he friend his clutch from hard launches and flat-shifting all the time. He then recommends that this tune should not be for daily driving but perhaps for weekend track racing if that's your thing. I just got the stage 1 tune from MAPerformance yesterday just to try their tune and so far, this tune is way better than the Cobb Stage 1 OTS map. I'll run this tune for a month or two and maybe try the e30 tune after.
You probably won't be able to make yourself switch back after you taste the corn tune... At least I haven't been able to give up the pull of this tune to go back to the 93... I'M ADDICTED OK?!
SoobieShane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 09:34 AM   #153
iGamerC
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 482545

What are some thoughts on running this tune as a daily? Are the wear and tear worse or better?
iGamerC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 04:23 PM   #154
SoobieShane
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 446719
Vehicle:
2016 WRX
GMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by iGamerC View Post
What are some thoughts on running this tune as a daily? Are the wear and tear worse or better?
As long as you drive like a sensible human, the daily wear on the vehicle should be less. The higher ethanol is going to be limiting knock possibility, which these cars are prone to. The added power may increase wear on your clutch, but if you refrain from launching and roll onto the throttle, it shouldn't be bad.
SoobieShane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 07:47 AM   #155
goodysgota72
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 464619
Vehicle:
2016 WRX
WRBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoobieShane View Post
As long as you drive like a sensible human, the daily wear on the vehicle should be less. The higher ethanol is going to be limiting knock possibility, which these cars are prone to. The added power may increase wear on your clutch, but if you refrain from launching and roll onto the throttle, it shouldn't be bad.

Agreed. I won't go back to 93 unless I can't find e85 for some reason.

I do expect to go through a clutch here within the next few months, I'm not necessarily easy on the car. Wear depends how much you use the right pedal and how well you treat the left pedal. What tune is on it is almost insignificant.
goodysgota72 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 10:15 PM   #156
reddragon666
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 489736
Vehicle:
2018 subaru
black

Default 2018 STI limited 1100 miles malperformance stage 1 ots tune detunes my car

i just purchased the malperformance 91 stage 1 tune frinday for my 2018 STI with 1100 miles on it, my car is bran new with a cat back nameless exhaust cobb tuner, here is the problem, with my bone stock tune I'm getting 16 to 17 psi peak boost, with the maperformance tune i can barely break 10 psi peak boost not the advertised 20 to 23 psi peak boost and extra hp and torque, I've installed it and uninstalled and re installed again and is makes no difference with the tune i can't get to 10 psi and stock its 16 to 17, the only good thing is the rev hang is gone with the tune , if anyone can help me why or what would be causing me to de tune my car with a tune vs stock..
reddragon666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 10:51 PM   #157
Bishop
NASIOC Supporter
Member Sales Rating: (108)

Member#: 59993
Chapter/Region: International
Vehicle:
Ass, grass or cash
no one rides for free!!

So running the stock pump on FF is fine correct?
Bishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 09:03 AM   #158
goodysgota72
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 464619
Vehicle:
2016 WRX
WRBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
So running the stock pump on FF is fine correct?

This is not a “flex fuel” tune. The tune does not adjust [flex] for varying ethanol content.

However, the generally accepted ethanol content limit of the stock pump is E60.
goodysgota72 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 09:54 AM   #159
Lagger1
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 467632

Quote:
Been running for about 1k on my 18'. Wear & tear gonna be a little bit more in terms of maintenance only. Eth has alot of water in it that ultimately gets in your tank & oil pan. That means sub 6k oil changes & flushing your gas tank about once a month.

Gents need to be cautious about filling 1/3 E85 every fill up also. Your Eth content will climb due to regular gas already containing close to 10% ethanol. I dial it back unless you're burning full tanks etc. Or use a calculator
Lagger1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 09:59 AM   #160
maperformance
NASIOC Vendor
Vendor Sales Rating: (80)

Member#: 141043
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2015 WRX
DGM

Would you be able to send some logs into me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddragon666 View Post
i just purchased the malperformance 91 stage 1 tune frinday for my 2018 STI with 1100 miles on it, my car is bran new with a cat back nameless exhaust cobb tuner, here is the problem, with my bone stock tune I'm getting 16 to 17 psi peak boost, with the maperformance tune i can barely break 10 psi peak boost not the advertised 20 to 23 psi peak boost and extra hp and torque, I've installed it and uninstalled and re installed again and is makes no difference with the tune i can't get to 10 psi and stock its 16 to 17, the only good thing is the rev hang is gone with the tune , if anyone can help me why or what would be causing me to de tune my car with a tune vs stock..

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I want to earn your business, PM me and tell us how we can become your one stop shop for performance parts today!
ACL / AEM / ACT / Cosworth / Grimmspeed / Invidia / Ksport / Manley / Mishimoto / PTE / Tomei / Turbosmart / Wiseco
maperformance is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 04:01 PM   #161
iGamerC
Scooby Newbie

How do you go about flushing your gas tank?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagger1 View Post
Been running for about 1k on my 18'. Wear & tear gonna be a little bit more in terms of maintenance only. Eth has alot of water in it that ultimately gets in your tank & oil pan. That means sub 6k oil changes & flushing your gas tank about once a month.

Gents need to be cautious about filling 1/3 E85 every fill up also. Your Eth content will climb due to regular gas already containing close to 10% ethanol. I dial it back unless you're burning full tanks etc. Or use a calculator
Old 08-12-2018, 10:48 PM   #162
hbu
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 490061

I am looking for the AOS (Crawford V3 / IAG) and the cobb downpipe (524203). Would you pm the quotation?

My car is STI 2018.
hbu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 01:25 PM   #163
ragman
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 268642
Vehicle:
2017 WRX Premium
White

Quote:
How do you go about flushing your gas tank?
Run a straight tank of 91/93 OCT.
ragman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 11:09 PM   #164
iGamerC
Scooby Newbie

Is that safe to do whilst running on the e30 tune? Or would I need to flash back and forth?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ragman View Post
Run a straight tank of 91/93 OCT.
Old 08-16-2018, 10:02 AM   #165
maperformance
NASIOC Vendor

Vehicle:
2015 WRX
DGM

You would simply need to flash back to the pump gas tune.

Quote:
Is that safe to do whilst running on the e30 tune? Or would I need to flash back and forth?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I want to earn your business, PM me and tell us how we can become your one stop shop for performance parts today!
ACL / AEM / ACT / Cosworth / Grimmspeed / Invidia / Ksport / Manley / Mishimoto / PTE / Tomei / Turbosmart / Wiseco
Old 08-16-2018, 10:42 AM   #166
xorvious
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 483462

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagger1 View Post
Eth has alot of water in it that ultimately gets in your tank & oil pan. That means sub 6k oil changes & flushing your gas tank about once a month.
Ian, do you have the same recommendations for oil change interval and fuel tank flush with the E30 tune?
xorvious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 10:45 AM   #167
maperformance
NASIOC Vendor

Vehicle:
2015 WRX
DGM

Not if you are daily driving the car, and filling it up regularly in my opinion. If the car sat for long periods of time, or is only driven on the weekends, I probably would. Slightly different from running 100% ethanol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xorvious View Post
Ian, do you have the same recommendations for oil change interval and fuel tank flush with the E30 tune?

Old 08-17-2018, 11:17 PM   #168
Gantz
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 489697

@Ian Is there any specific map flash priority between reflash and real-time? If I'm plan on running 1 e30 tank a month should i flash the 93 map and real-time the e30 map or other way around? Doesn't matter?
Also, if I have purchased the AP, stg 1 91 map, and stg 1 93 map from MAPerformance...how much will the e30 map be?
Gantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 02:52 PM   #169
meebs86
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 236467

Quote:
The only issues when using this tune as a daily are that it takes longer to fill up, you have to go to a gas station with e85, and you have to make an educated guess as to how much e85 to put in before filling up with 91/93

Of course if you will be driving long distance, you may have to plan ahead some to make sure there are e85 stations along the route, or be willing to flash the ECU to a gas tune before/during the trip.

Other then that, the car is very pleasant to drive around town. The main differences in how the tune acts only really show up at WOT once you get past 3.5k rpm.
meebs86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 02:54 PM   #170
meebs86
Scooby Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gantz View Post
@Ian Is there any specific map flash priority between reflash and real-time? If I'm plan on running 1 e30 tank a month should i flash the 93 map and real-time the e30 map or other way around? Doesn't matter?
Also, if I have purchased the AP, stg 1 91 map, and stg 1 93 map from MAPerformance...how much will the e30 map be?
The E30 map should be $150 if you bought the AP from MAP. Just email Ian and he'll send you a custom quote/invoice for the cost of the tune.
Old 08-20-2018, 02:57 PM   #171
meebs86
Scooby Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dricacho View Post
The only problem he had was that he friend his clutch from hard launches and flat-shifting all the time. .
That kind of driving is going to be very hard on a clutch/transmission regardless of the tune.
Old 08-22-2018, 01:22 PM   #172
ragman
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 268642
Vehicle:
2017 WRX Premium
White

Quote:
Always use REFLASH when changing maps that change fueling, don't use REAL_TIME changes because after an ECU reset or unhooking the battery the car will go back to the REFLASH map. You do not want that to happen if you've changed fuel types.
ragman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 06:19 PM   #173
pentavelant
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 449640
Vehicle:
2016 WRX Limited
White

I have thought about getting this tune for some time. I already have MAP stage 2 tune but the limited availability of E85(only on gas station where i live has it) plus dropping 300 bones for it, It's hard to justify the cost, for me anyways. I love there stage 2 tune but i don't want to have to keep switching back and forth or just use it when i do a track day. For 200 bucks more i can get a protune and not have to worry about finding a gas station that has E85. If the tune is anything like there stage 2, I am sure it's great and worth it for people who has easy access to E85
pentavelant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 11:38 PM   #174
kaeo_15
Top Scoob 021
Member Sales Rating: (44)

Member#: 115406
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Vehicle:
On to the next...

^I actually fill up 5 gal jugs and use them when I fill up as E85 isn't available close by (~40 miles away). I have the MAP Stage 1 and it is great, but the E30 tune blows it out of the water. I can't compare to the Stage 2 FA, as I don't have any mods besides the E30 tune and an axle back. It's much faster than my pro tuned Stage 2 GR STi and my old Catless/18G/Meth injection Bugeye.
kaeo_15 is offline   Reply With Quote