Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Wednesday August 15, 2018
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Subaru Models > Impreza Forum

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 07-28-2018, 12:11 PM   #1
cfletch3173
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 486941
Vehicle:
02 wrx
blue

Default Advice

First off I am not sure if this is the right forum of not point me to the right direction...

I recently bought a jdm ej207 v7 swapped 02 bugeye w/ working AVCS.
Car currently has some mods but I would like input from you all on which direction I should go. I would like to make the car faster but remain reliable. I wont be racing too much, launching at all and very seldom banging gears due to the 5 speed still being mated up to the ej207. Numbers aren't too crucial to me but I assume I'm looking to put down 350 ish to the wheels.. I was wondering what everyone thinks about a turbo upgrade. I like blouch turbos I was thinking the 18g xtr or 20g xtr
What kind of difference can I expect between the 2? As far as spool goes and power output. Also what injectors will I need for each? And would a meth kit be useful paired w these turbos?

Car currently has these mods
Perrin inlet
Catless downpipe
Hks hi power turbo back
Walbro 255
3 port boost solenoid
Stock STI TMIC

Are these enough supporting mods (minus injectors) for the 18g xtr or 20g xtr?

I am new to all this stuff so if I am phrasing things the wrong way or asking a stupid question take it easy on me lol
Appreciate anyone who adds input
cfletch3173 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-29-2018, 06:58 PM   #2
subaru5474
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 488884

yes, those mods are plenty good enough
subaru5474 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 11:17 PM   #3
vastmango1345
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 489947
Vehicle:
2002 Impreza WRX
Subie Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfletch3173 View Post
First off I am not sure if this is the right forum of not point me to the right direction...

I recently bought a jdm ej207 v7 swapped 02 bugeye w/ working AVCS.
Car currently has some mods but I would like input from you all on which direction I should go. I would like to make the car faster but remain reliable. I wont be racing too much, launching at all and very seldom banging gears due to the 5 speed still being mated up to the ej207. Numbers aren't too crucial to me but I assume I'm looking to put down 350 ish to the wheels.. I was wondering what everyone thinks about a turbo upgrade. I like blouch turbos I was thinking the 18g xtr or 20g xtr
What kind of difference can I expect between the 2? As far as spool goes and power output. Also what injectors will I need for each? And would a meth kit be useful paired w these turbos?

Car currently has these mods
Perrin inlet
Catless downpipe
Hks hi power turbo back
Walbro 255
3 port boost solenoid
Stock STI TMIC

Are these enough supporting mods (minus injectors) for the 18g xtr or 20g xtr?

I am new to all this stuff so if I am phrasing things the wrong way or asking a stupid question take it easy on me lol
Appreciate anyone who adds input

I believe so, yes. I'm pretty new to the subie gang.
vastmango1345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 07:21 PM   #4
Heymydude
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 489980
Default Help

I have an 04 impreza TS (NA model) and i put an unequal length header on it, i did not achieve the subaru rumble with that, i dont know how i could get it else than this. I have put a ram intake on it and only have one cat, one resonator and a stock muffler, i dont know what to change to get it to sound rumbly.

Last edited by Heymydude; 08-10-2018 at 07:23 PM. Reason: Specifying
Heymydude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:56 PM   #5
Rogacki
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 490178

I’ve heard a lot of great things about the 20g xtr
Rogacki is offline   Reply With Quote