Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Wednesday August 21, 2019
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > FB Series Normally Aspirated Powertrain

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 06-27-2019, 07:48 AM   #1
driftwhore
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 56682
Vehicle:
2003 wrx wagon
rally blue

Default 2015 crosstrek xv exhaust build

ive got a 2015 Subaru crosstrek with just a drop in apexi filter but the major mods were that after an accident I upgraded to the drp exhaust that's a 2.5 from the factork front resonator and runs mostly straight back to a magnaflow muffler in the factory location with a turndown exit like factory. sounded very nice except when cold it would have some rasp/putter noise until it warmed up (like 5 minutes down the road).
Now as every Subaru owner I've been of the search for the boxer rumble so I purchased a set of tsudo uel headers and put them on last week and the sound is wonderful until I hit half throttle them my subbie transforms into the cheapest ghetto Honda civic. the rasp\putter is awful but I can hear the underlying rumble and its great at anything less than half throttle.
So now I'm on the search to rebuild the catback or add another resonator
current setup is
apexi drop in filter
tsudo uel headers 2.25 pipes going to a 2.5 collector (removes front cat)
factory resonator section
drp resonator back exhaust that ends in a magnaflow muffler in the factory location and exits like factory

looking to rebuild the resonator back section with a vibrant performance 1792 bottle style resonator and ended through a cherry bomb 7426cb muffler with a custom exit.

do mufflers have a specific cfm or something like that, that I should look into?

Last edited by driftwhore; 06-27-2019 at 03:02 PM.
driftwhore is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-25-2019, 11:59 PM   #2
RSTM
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 204463
Chapter/Region: South East
Vehicle:
2007 Impreza 2.5i
Garnet Red Pearl

In my opinion I'd remove the resonator all together and try to use the same size piping throughout. The change in pipe diameter is what is causing the raspy sound. I've heard these cars with just factory components and the muffler removed and it sounds plenty rumbly. It just seems like you're spending a lot of money on fancy components that essentially aren't improving anything and making the car sound worse. It's your money though. Good luck!
RSTM is offline   Reply With Quote