Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Sunday August 25, 2019
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Motorsports > Autocross

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 04-30-2019, 12:44 PM   #1
sls_06ion
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 262615
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Vehicle:
18 WRX
CWP

Default 18 WRX classing help

I'm fairly new to autocrossing (something other than a stock car), I can't figure classing. I've got a 2018 WRX with the following modifications:
Rota KB F wheels - (+38 offset), Factory tires (re71r's soon), STi Brakes (F&R),full Nameless exhaust, Whiteline RSB 22mm, endlinks (F&R), AP, and Shifter.

I know that it will put the car is ST, but would it fall under X or U? Our local group has a SU (Street Unlimited, as a catch all) but we only get one year to run in it before we have to pick a class. I'm also aware that until I can get a proper coilover setup that I most likely wont be super competitive in the ST classes, given that I can't dial enough chamber into the car. And the tires need to be 200 treadwear, the 240 of the sportmax's are a certain short coming. The local guys haven't been much help in this, so I'm hoping you all might be able too

TIA
Tony
sls_06ion is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-30-2019, 01:05 PM   #2
yellowblur
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 485903
Vehicle:
2018 WRX w/PP
White

2015-2019 WRX's are in STH. They haven't been in STX since 2017. BRZ's are in STX and STI's are in STU. It's possible your local club hasn't used STH since its a rather new class. Your car technically could also be in STU, but STH is the correct class.
yellowblur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 01:36 PM   #3
sls_06ion
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
18 WRX
CWP

Thank You, I've looked at the rulebook a handful of times, and apparently my brain only saw the turbo hatchback part but apparently never saw the Sedan part...
Old 04-30-2019, 03:30 PM   #4
quiksilver_dragon
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 246479
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2005 Impreza WRX STi
Silver

You have down "Full Nameless Exhaust." Does this include a catted j pipe? Or is it catless?

What is the wheel size and tire size you are going to run?

I'd want to check, but the brake swap will probably bump you into SM.
quiksilver_dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 03:56 PM   #5
sls_06ion
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
18 WRX
CWP

catted J pipe, wheels are 18*8.5 (same as factory, just changed offset to clear Brembo's). and when reading the st rules it said you could runner other calipers as long as they mounted the same as what was originally equipped and the piston count was the same or higher than stock

from the rulebook:

Disc brake calipers and mounting brackets may be replaced provided they bolt to the standard locations and the number of pistons is equal to or greater than standard. A functioning emergency brake of the same type, operation, and actuation as OE must be present.

Last edited by sls_06ion; 04-30-2019 at 04:00 PM. Reason: info added
Old 04-30-2019, 04:05 PM   #6
Thorium06
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 254372

Sounds like STH
Thorium06 is offline   Reply With Quote