Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Monday July 23, 2018
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Newbies & FAQs

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 07-01-2018, 08:50 PM   #51
Zrx_01
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 481702
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Vehicle:
15 WRX
Rally blue

COBB AP 100% yes!

If you decided to get some mods on the ride. I would recommend going with Phat Botti Tuning or Bren Tuning for an e-tune.

Top mount intercooler (TMIC)
Charge pipe
Down pipe
Catback
EGR/TGV deletes
etc..

Would be a great starting point. Performance over aesthetics first is the best advice i've ever been given.
Zrx_01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-07-2018, 03:28 PM   #52
Twistedwrx405
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 488069
Default Best thing you can purchase!

Everything has already been said but this is amazing. It made the car so much more fun to drive and fixed all the negative aspect I didnít like from the stock. Subaru should really look into making these standard.
Twistedwrx405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 04:05 PM   #53
Wappit
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 487203
Chapter/Region: W. Canada
Vehicle:
2018 WRX STI
WR Blue

The only thing I want to add is that Subaru has a lot more factors than just optimal performance when it comes to what tune they let the car leave the factory with. Im willing to bet meeting emission standards for CA lets them access a market that more than pays for a slight uptick in engine warranty claims. Do I trust Cobb just because they are Cobb? No. Will a stage 1 tune leave me on the hook for any power train failures? Very likely. Do I trust the stage 1 tune more than the factory tune? Yes. The power torque curves are much smoother and consistent, and to date Ive never had my ecu adjust my timing because of knock events, when I definitely ran into that when it was stock. Just my 2 cents.
Wappit is offline   Reply With Quote