Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday July 19, 2018
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Classifieds > Private 'For Sale' Classifieds > Engine/Power/Exhaust

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 01-23-2009, 09:09 AM   #1
loworbitSI
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (8)

Member#: 60981
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
05 996 GT3

Default FS: (OH) Process West Oil Cooler w/ Thermostat -SOLD

SOLD SOLD SOLD

For sale: Process West Engine Oil Cooler System for MY97-MY06 Models.
Used approx 15K miles. Excellent condition. Kit comes complete and ready to install.

Below, it is shown tucked neatly into the upper grill on my 04 STi. Im selling the kit as Im taking a step down from autocrossing in B Street Prepared and MidOhio track days. My loss. Your gain.

Original Process West kit did not come with a thermostat. I added one inline to the kit. The original kit has a bracket that holds the two high tensile synthetic textile flame resistant, 300psi rated lines. This bracket was removed and a Permacool high flow 180 degree thermostat was added.

Quote:
When oil temperature exceeds 180F the thermostatic valve closes, allowing 95% flow through the oil cooler. At temperatures below 180F the valve is open, with 90% of the oil bypassing the cooler. The remaining 10% of the oil flows through the cooler, maintaining constant system pressure, preventing air pockets and eliminating cold oil shock

The hoses are held in place on the thermostat via Oetiker clamps providing a leak free seal for many seasons.

Quote:
Oetiker clamps maintain clamping force due to their ability to expand as a hose assembly is subjected to temperature cycling. Standard worm-drive clamps can't expand and, therefore, force the hose material to extrude away from the clamp area during a heat cycle. After several heat cycles, they can lose most of their clamping force.
During the disassembly process I took the time to label all the fittings making it a cake walk for the new buyer to easily thread on the fittings, slide them behind the drivers headlight and make a breeze of the install.

The thermostat:

The hoses are labeled, and with a sketched diagram for ease of install.

(Buyer to remove the blue painters tape after installation)

Here is the cooler itself, the Process West CNC billet aluminum oil filter adaptor block, Permacool Thermostat and factory horn electrical extension wire. Also shown is the orange slip on heat wrap protecting the hoses from the exhaust manifold heat, and threaded adapter to secure the oil filter. In addition, there is a roll of Teflon tape, a stainless steel cable tie, and a hose clamp.

The stainless steel cable tie is wrapped around the Permacool Thermostat and in through the threaded hold on the V shaped bracket. This V bracket is held by the lower radiator mount. The stainless cable tie is then tightened, more as an alignment peice and then the hose clamp is wrapped around the V bracket, and around the Permacool Thermostat providing a very secure mounting that also provides plenty of ground clearance. A picture of the hose clamp is shown above.

Here is a picture from above, looking down at the thermostat showing the routing of the stainless steel cable tie.

Here it all is, with a diagram and the oil cooler wrapped in bubble wrap, everything else bagged up, and the hoses labeled, and ready to be shipped to your door.

The average price on the Process West kits is in the range of the $450 to $500 mark. The Permacool thermostat and Oetiker fittings are a $70. Everything is top notch, and extra care taken to ensure the future owner wouldnt be scratching their head trying to put it all together.

Your price is $400 shipped, which already includes the Paypal fees.

Thank you for your time.

Last edited by loworbitSI; 01-25-2009 at 01:14 PM. Reason: SOLD SOLD SOLD
loworbitSI is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-23-2009, 09:52 AM   #2
WRX8XB
Scooby Guru
Member Sales Rating: (9)

Member#: 45323
Vehicle:
MY05 Impreza WRX STi
Pastelito Racing & SFSOC

If I didn't already have a cooler, I'd buy this one.

GL with the Sale.
WRX8XB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 02:40 PM   #3
elektron3030
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (9)

Member#: 173887
Chapter/Region: HIIC
Vehicle:
2006 WRX STI
WRB

Now thats a good salesman.

Bump
elektron3030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 11:31 PM   #4
loworbitSI
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
05 996 GT3

Friday night on into the weekend bump for a great deal on a great oil cooler!
Old 01-24-2009, 03:04 AM   #5
spoolinsti05
Scooby Guru
Member Sales Rating: (11)

Member#: 108051
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
2005 TickingTimeBomb
Jr tuned TT Sleeved

I might acually be interested in this for my new engine i have going in don't want to risk anything with it.
spoolinsti05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 08:49 AM   #6
loworbitSI
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
05 996 GT3

let's make a deal