Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday November 26, 2020
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Newbies & FAQs

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 11-15-2020, 09:48 PM   #1
josejavier96
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 520311
Default (HELP) EJ257 short block.

I bought a darton sleeved ej257 short block, has about 200 miles. My goal is to reach 450-500 awhp on 93oct. I want to build it by my self because is to expensive bring it to a shop and get it done so if any one can recommend me what forged internals should I buy and what I have to do prior putting it together, like blueprinting, balancing, etc. I've seen build packages like these one (https://www.importimageracing.com/pr...YaAuKGEALw_wcB) should I buy this? or, buy by separate the components?

I have a 2011 subaru sti

Mod list from previous owner:

COBB Accesport
Grimmspeed EBCS
Perrin FMIC
Aftermarket up pipe (don't know the brand)
IAG AOS STREET series
COBB air intake
Perrin turbo inlet
COBB 20g turbo
Invidia downpipe
Fuel damper delete
ID 1050x
Muffler delete

Tune by Majestic Motorsports 333whp, 343trq

Note: I bring the car to a shop to find out what the previous owner put in this car and that's all they could find.

Thanks!!

Last edited by josejavier96; 11-15-2020 at 09:51 PM. Reason: forget to put some mods on the post
josejavier96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-18-2020, 11:27 AM   #2
Hoodlumz
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 425216
Vehicle:
2004 Wrx
Silver

I couldn't help but lol when I read this. "I want to build it by my self because is to expensive bring it to a shop and get it done so if any one can recommend me what forged internals should I buy and what I have to do prior putting it together, like blueprinting, balancing, etc."

Bud, sounds like someone needs to do some research to me. You're not going to get very far posting on a forum "Can someone tell me how to build an engine?"

Watch some videos and then watch some more. After that, watch some more and while your watching, research what people have done in the past, what they used, how they did it and what problems they had. Read some stories and then read some more. The internet is full of information already out there you can find anything if you look hard enough.

Someone already took the time to explain the process you just need to find it!

Here's a START, this guy is a master and you will learn a lot from watching ALL of his videos. There are many of these people out there so I suggest you get to researching!
Hoodlumz is offline   Reply With Quote