Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Tuesday July 23, 2019
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
Rocky Mountains Impreza Club
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Chapters > Rocky Mountains Impreza Club Forum -- RMIC

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2019, 02:39 AM   #51
axleon2
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 154117
Join Date: Jul 2007
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: Midvale, Utah
Vehicle:
2003 Forester
PSM

Default

I agree.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
axleon2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Old 02-04-2019, 11:56 AM   #52
Sour_K
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 370021
Join Date: Oct 2013
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Vehicle:
2008 WRX Hatchback
WRB

Default

Is NASA the ones that put on the drift events? I'm just getting my feet wet in the track racing world. Last year I took my hatch to the street car shoot out at RMR just to have a little fun, but now that I'm going to have a dedicated "racecar" I'm sure I'll end up going to other events this year.
Sour_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 12:12 PM   #53
Heathen_S13
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 480625
Join Date: Jan 2018
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: In the Rocky's.
Vehicle:
2006 WRX Wagon
Steel Metallic Grey 26D

Default

Hell Ya, the only group I really know here in Utah is the Drift Utah guys. Does Nasa have a website I can check out for schedules and rules? Of I'm gonna be doing work on the sube, would be a good idea to take care of some other things for the rules of the track... Well I guess that would depend on what class I wanna get into first.
Heathen_S13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 01:14 PM   #54
Eww Evo
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 299687
Join Date: Nov 2011
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Vehicle:
IG HomieGohan
DD 04STi | Track 06Wrx

Default 2019 - Utah C&C / TTT / General Talk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heathen_S13 View Post
Hell Ya, the only group I really know here in Utah is the Drift Utah guys. Does Nasa have a website I can check out for schedules and rules? Of I'm gonna be doing work on the sube, would be a good idea to take care of some other things for the rules of the track... Well I guess that would depend on what class I wanna get into first.


NasaUtah.com

March 29-31 – Outer Track
April 26-28 – East Track
May 17-19 – East Track
June 14-16 – West Track
Aug 2-4 – Outer Track + 6 Hour Enduro
Sept 6-8 – West Track
Oct 4-6 – QuadDuro

No they don’t do any drift events. Also, you won’t be put in any class. Really anyone starting Nasa should just take their car out as it to find the limits, I’ll get to what I would recommend first in a second. When you start Nasa you will be placed in HPDE1 where you will have an instructor with you to show you the proper race line, braking point, where’s the apex, when to give throttle exiting a turn, passing and give you pointers. As you progress you will be passed off into HPDE 2, 3 and 4. Once you get passed off HPDE 4 you have the choice to go into the class you want to race competitive in either time trial or wheel to wheel racing.

The things I would recommend for a first time Nasa Event:
• Good Brake pads!
• Stainless steel brake lines
• Amsoil brake fluid
• Fresh oil change
• Good Tires
• Aluminum Radiator (Koyorad, Mishimoto or CSF)
- Best to run distilled water with water wetter

Make sure all your Bushings are in great shape. Nothing like an amazing feeling knowing your car is ready to go, you never wanna have something on your conscience about something on your car breaking, that’s just a huge distraction.
Eww Evo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 01:29 PM   #55
Heathen_S13
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 480625
Join Date: Jan 2018
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: In the Rocky's.
Vehicle:
2006 WRX Wagon
Steel Metallic Grey 26D

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eww Evo View Post
NasaUtah.com

March 29-31 – Outer Track
April 26-28 – East Track
May 17-19 – East Track
June 14-16 – West Track
Aug 2-4 – Outer Track + 6 Hour Enduro
Sept 6-8 – West Track
Oct 4-6 – QuadDuro

No they don’t do any drift events. Also, you won’t be put in any class. Really anyone starting Nasa should just take their car out as it to find the limits, I’ll get to what I would recommend first in a second. When you start Nasa you will be placed in HPDE1 where you will have an instructor with you to show you the proper race line, braking point, where’s the apex, when to give throttle exiting a turn, passing and give you pointers. As you progress you will be passed off into HPDE 2, 3 and 4. Once you get passed off HPDE 4 you have the choice to go into the class you want to race competitive in either time trial or wheel to wheel racing.

The things I would recommend for a first time Nasa Event:
• Good Brake pads!
• Stainless steel brake lines
• Amsoil brake fluid
• Fresh oil change
• Good Tires
• Aluminum Radiator (Koyorad, Mishimoto or CSF)
- Best to run distilled water with water wetter

Make sure all your Bushings are in great shape. Nothing like an amazing feeling knowing your car is ready to go, you never wanna have something on your conscience about something on your car breaking, that’s just a huge distraction.
Thanks for the info!! I will check out the site when I get home tonight.. That's cool they have an instructor come out with you. I was already planning on getting new brake pads and rotors so getting new brake lines would be a good idea to get while I'm doing them. I didn't think about bushings tho, any bushings specifically you would recommend doing? I was just looking at a whiteline essential bushing kit.
Heathen_S13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 09:57 PM   #56
Eww Evo
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 299687
Join Date: Nov 2011
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Vehicle:
IG HomieGohan
DD 04STi | Track 06Wrx

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heathen_S13 View Post
Thanks for the info!! I will check out the site when I get home tonight.. That's cool they have an instructor come out with you. I was already planning on getting new brake pads and rotors so getting new brake lines would be a good idea to get while I'm doing them. I didn't think about bushings tho, any bushings specifically you would recommend doing? I was just looking at a whiteline essential bushing kit.
You don't necessarily need to change your bushing right now unless you feel or see them torn up. Whiteline and Cusco make some amazing parts that would benefit your car and improve handling for example Whitelines anti lift kit. Also, one thing to consider for the future is maybe some really good Coilover. A couple of us here would recommend Fortune Auto.
Eww Evo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 02:09 AM   #57
axleon2
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 154117
Join Date: Jul 2007
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: Midvale, Utah
Vehicle:
2003 Forester
PSM

Default

True, the Fortune Autos we put on Haz's car have been awesome so far. I have them on my WRX too, but, I rarely drive that car.

Also, we've thought about holding get togethers at the shop this year on Sundays or Saturday mornings, hopefully we can figure it out soon.
axleon2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 03:37 AM   #58
Eww Evo
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 299687
Join Date: Nov 2011
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Vehicle:
IG HomieGohan
DD 04STi | Track 06Wrx

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by axleon2 View Post
True, the Fortune Autos we put on Haz's car have been awesome so far. I have them on my WRX too, but, I rarely drive that car.

Also, we've thought about holding get togethers at the shop this year on Sundays or Saturday mornings, hopefully we can figure it out soon.
SHOOOOOOTTT do it!! That would be so sick!!
Eww Evo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 10:49 AM   #59
Sour_K
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 370021
Join Date: Oct 2013
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Vehicle:
2008 WRX Hatchback
WRB

Default

I'm super down for a meet at a shop. My wife is a hairstylist so she's always working Saturdays. That'd be a perfect time to do meets. If we do it at a shop consistently I have a little mobile grill I can bring down to make food on. Not sure if that interests anybody.
Sour_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 11:01 AM   #60
axleon2
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 154117
Join Date: Jul 2007
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: Midvale, Utah
Vehicle:
2003 Forester
PSM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sour_K View Post
I'm super down for a meet at a shop. My wife is a hairstylist so she's always working Saturdays. That'd be a perfect time to do meets. If we do it at a shop consistently I have a little mobile grill I can bring down to make food on. Not sure if that interests anybody.
Right on, yeah one of the shops close to us is always cooking something up. We just don't have a lot of space for a grill with the inventory we have at the moment. We will see how it goes because parking is limited too. So if we did it Sunday mornings most businesses around us would be closed and I'm sure they wouldn't mind if we used their space for parking.
axleon2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 01:27 PM   #61
Eww Evo
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 299687
Join Date: Nov 2011
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Vehicle:
IG HomieGohan
DD 04STi | Track 06Wrx

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by axleon2 View Post
Right on, yeah one of the shops close to us is always cooking something up. We just don't have a lot of space for a grill with the inventory we have at the moment. We will see how it goes because parking is limited too. So if we did it Sunday mornings most businesses around us would be closed and I'm sure they wouldn't mind if we used their space for parking.


Eff it man, buy a spot like Rallysport direct already. Parking spot won’t be an issue
Eww Evo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 01:31 PM   #62
axleon2
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 154117
Join Date: Jul 2007
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: Midvale, Utah
Vehicle:
2003 Forester
PSM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eww Evo View Post
Eff it man, buy a spot like Rallysport direct already. Parking spot won’t be an issue
Ha ha if we were a multi million dollar, large corporation like Northridge/Premier/RSD, we could afford that.
axleon2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 11:43 AM   #63
Eww Evo
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 299687
Join Date: Nov 2011
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Vehicle:
IG HomieGohan
DD 04STi | Track 06Wrx

Default

Snow day today.... Crazy snow storm we got
Eww Evo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 11:57 AM   #64
axleon2
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 154117
Join Date: Jul 2007
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: Midvale, Utah
Vehicle:
2003 Forester
PSM

Default

For sure, I was able to get some hooning in with my boys for the first time in a long time, they had a blast. They kept screaming, “again Dad, again!”
axleon2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 01:04 PM   #65
phivealive
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 496692
Join Date: Jan 2019
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: Provo, UT
Vehicle:
2016 WRX
WR Blue Pearl

Default

I got to the train station today before I got the email that I could work from home today. On my way back to my house I passed a few people trying to go up a hill covered in ice. These winter tires are awesome.
phivealive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 02:37 PM   #66
Eww Evo
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 299687
Join Date: Nov 2011
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Vehicle:
IG HomieGohan
DD 04STi | Track 06Wrx

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by axleon2 View Post
For sure, I was able to get some hooning in with my boys for the first time in a long time, they had a blast. They kept screaming, “again Dad, again!”
Those are the fun special moment with the kiddos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phivealive View Post
I got to the train station today before I got the email that I could work from home today. On my way back to my house I passed a few people trying to go up a hill covered in ice. These winter tires are awesome.
Yes they are great! Even when i use to drive FWD i put some Snow tires on it and going up hill or anywhere those tires never let me get stuck once. I always recommend people to have a summer/A/S tire for spring, summer and fall but really have a dedicated snow tires for winter.
Eww Evo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 12:37 AM   #67
monkeyposeur
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 333468
Join Date: Sep 2012
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: SLC, UT
Vehicle:
93 SS - 06 OB XT
03 WRB GD 205/22T 20G-XT

Default

Snow tires rule. I have a set on the bugeye and it's unstoppable. I wish I had a set on the OB XT but it's been getting me around in the snow OK on all seasons, but doesn't even compare to a nice set of snow tires.

I got all my **** to do the JDM HVAC swap on the XT which allows you to install a DD HU. So sick of listening to the ****ty radio, lol.

And I'm gonna sell my black 1993 Turbo Legacy. I vowed never to sell it, but it's time since I have four subarus at the moment. It's so sweet and runs awesome, I love that thing. Part of me wants to yank the EJ22T out of it haha. If no one buys it I will do that for sure. I had so many parts to go on it, a full RobTune conversion kit, EDM headlights, fenders, XT tmic, TD04, etc.

That car taught me everything I know about subarus and gave me the skills to do anything mechanically. I bought it sight unseen in Colorado, my friend flew out to drive it home for me, and the head gaskets went out on her 70 miles out of Aurora, lol. I had to put her up in a hotel and ship the damn thing to Salt Lake where I hid it from my wife at my friends house and snuck away and rebuilt the engine over a few months, haha.
monkeyposeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 09:48 AM   #68
phivealive
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 496692
Join Date: Jan 2019
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: Provo, UT
Vehicle:
2016 WRX
WR Blue Pearl

Default

I'm in kind of the same boat with my Jeep right now. It was my first car, and I've had it for 11 years. Just...with the WRX now I...I don't need it. And I'm not sure how much longer I can justify keeping it around. Especially since I don't even have a garage to work on it in or anything.
phivealive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 10:40 AM   #69
Sour_K
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 370021
Join Date: Oct 2013
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Vehicle:
2008 WRX Hatchback
WRB

Default

I have to physically restrain myself from buying more cars. I feel like I can justify whatever budgeting in my head, but as I'm building 2 at the same time "you gotta pay to play" has never been so true. I have my daily and my project. I have to leave the bugeye down at work with a cover, I definitely feel the space issue.

Glad you guys got to have some fun in the snow, since my hatch is so low and I live decently east on the mountain in Sugarhouse, I couldn't get out of my driveway when they didn't plow the street, so I had to have my wife drop me off in her Forester. Felt like I was in school again, it was weird lol. Did we still want to try and plan a meet with the storm this weekend?
Sour_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 02:53 PM   #70
Eww Evo
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 299687
Join Date: Nov 2011
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Vehicle:
IG HomieGohan
DD 04STi | Track 06Wrx

Default

Either this weekend or next weekend? What would you guys like to do? Go eat at some burger place? Starbucks?

Picture from yesterday. I shoveled the snow for nothing i swear, 2 hours later looked like I didn't do %$^t..
Eww Evo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 05:48 PM   #71
Heathen_S13
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 480625
Join Date: Jan 2018
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: In the Rocky's.
Vehicle:
2006 WRX Wagon
Steel Metallic Grey 26D

Default

I've heard alot of good things about fortune autos in the 240sx forums, was originally looking at some Tein street flex coilovers but with the motor needing to come out and fixing the oil leaks and ****, it will be awhile before I do anything like that lol.. also need to roll my fenders pretty bad or do a hub conversion so my wheels will fit with out adapters...

I'm pretty much hiding all subie stuff from my wife, she knows im doing maintenance but thats all she knows lol.
Heathen_S13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 08:13 PM   #72
phivealive
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 496692
Join Date: Jan 2019
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: Provo, UT
Vehicle:
2016 WRX
WR Blue Pearl

Default

Does anybody know if there would be any issues with buying a used Accessport? I've seen some used ones going for around $400--I have no idea if that's a good price or if I should even consider getting one that's used.

As for meeting up, I'm down to eat burgers somewhere, and I can do just about any weekend.
phivealive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 08:40 PM   #73
Eww Evo
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 299687
Join Date: Nov 2011
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Vehicle:
IG HomieGohan
DD 04STi | Track 06Wrx

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heathen_S13 View Post
I've heard alot of good things about fortune autos in the 240sx forums, was originally looking at some Tein street flex coilovers but with the motor needing to come out and fixing the oil leaks and ****, it will be awhile before I do anything like that lol.. also need to roll my fenders pretty bad or do a hub conversion so my wheels will fit with out adapters...

I'm pretty much hiding all subie stuff from my wife, she knows im doing maintenance but thats all she knows lol.
Yeah for starting Nasa Utah and doing HPDE 1, you can go as stock as you want. Pretty much what is important is what i mentioned before for safety and reliability reasons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phivealive View Post
Does anybody know if there would be any issues with buying a used Accessport? I've seen some used ones going for around $400--I have no idea if that's a good price or if I should even consider getting one that's used.

As for meeting up, I'm down to eat burgers somewhere, and I can do just about any weekend.
Have you guys heard of the new burger location on Mountain view corridor? JCW's The burger boys? Really good. If that's too far we can try to find something more centered so we can all attend.
Eww Evo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 09:56 PM   #74
phivealive
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 496692
Join Date: Jan 2019
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: Provo, UT
Vehicle:
2016 WRX
WR Blue Pearl

Default

my apartment complex is getting mad at my not driving my Jeep for a while.

anybody looking for a '91 Wrangler?
phivealive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 07:51 AM   #75
monkeyposeur
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 333468
Join Date: Sep 2012
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: SLC, UT
Vehicle:
93 SS - 06 OB XT
03 WRB GD 205/22T 20G-XT

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by phivealive View Post
Does anybody know if there would be any issues with buying a used Accessport? I've seen some used ones going for around $400--I have no idea if that's a good price or if I should even consider getting one that's used.

As for meeting up, I'm down to eat burgers somewhere, and I can do just about any weekend.
Nothing wrong with a used AP as long as it isn't married to an ECU. And you have to make sure you get the version that is compatible with your car. If it does end up being married you send it into Cobb, and for a lot of money they will unmarry it. You can read specifics from Cobb themselves about buying used APs: https://www.cobbtuning.com/buying-a-used-accessport/

And I have everything to swap in a DD HU in the OB XT finally. Had to get the HVAC controls from Japan since it has space for the DD. Also had to get a custom wiring harness so it's pretty much plug and play. And I'm psyched to have Apple Car play now.



And in case anyone is wondering what my Bugeye (before I installed my JDM headlights) looks like haha:



And my OB XT:


I love how sleeper the OB XT is.

Last edited by monkeyposeur; 02-08-2019 at 08:02 AM.
monkeyposeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:09 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2019 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2017, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.