Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday November 21, 2019
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Service & Maintenance

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 09-24-2019, 01:48 PM   #1
Nway0455
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 408391
Vehicle:
2015 WRX STI Limited
Silver

Default Weird Cabin noise between 2.5k-2.9k rpms

Hello, I have a 2015 STI limited and the car runs great (obviously aside from my one complaint) the noise I canít seem to figure out is almost this bubbling, farty kind of noise between the rpm range of 2.5 and 2.9k rpms. I canít find anyone anywhere saying anything about it so I assume it must be normal? The best way to explain it would be if you put bass too high for music and it kind of sounds off? It doesnít sound metallic itís almost as if itís from the exhaust.

Quick Mod list:
Cobb SF Intake
Grimm Speed Intercooler
Invidia Turbo Back Exhaust
Catless Downpipe
Blouch Turbo
Injectors

I assume it has something to do with the Exhaust but is it normal? You canít hear it with the windows down. I donít notice any power loss it just sounds like farting/gurgling (kind of)/weird too heavy bass notes in the cabin and is only noticeable under light acceleration or cruising. Itís the best way I can describe it. Itís not a new thing with the vehicle just something that drives me crazy.

Last edited by Nway0455; 09-24-2019 at 01:56 PM.
Nway0455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-16-2019, 05:19 PM   #2
cjbo114
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 499831
Vehicle:
2018 WRX
Silver

Definitely a mystery....these cars are known to vibrate in all sorts of strange places. I've got one I'm chasing down right now myself. Best of luck.
cjbo114 is offline   Reply With Quote