Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Monday September 27, 2021
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
Mid West Subaru Owners Club
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Chapters > Mid West Subaru Owners Club Forum -- MWSOC

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.







* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2021, 08:57 AM   #6026
wrx_roggie
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 53206
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: outside of detroit, MI
Vehicle:
2018 Type RA
WRB

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgus773 View Post
Not sure what I was thinking when I bought the red kicks for the summer tires last year. Recently had them painted black. Looks much better.



Black looks great. Nice change
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
wrx_roggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Old 07-11-2021, 10:44 AM   #6027
wrx_roggie
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 53206
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: outside of detroit, MI
Vehicle:
2018 Type RA
WRB

Default

anyone going to Subiefest Midwest? Is it worth the drive?
wrx_roggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2021, 12:25 PM   #6028
IronHorse
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 178246
Join Date: Apr 2008
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Metro Detroit Area
Vehicle:
2007 WRX
OBP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrx_roggie View Post
anyone going to Subiefest Midwest? Is it worth the drive?
Peaked my interest so looked up the info on the event and found it closer than I think I remember it ever being. Thought it had been up in WI before. Anyhow, bought tickets on the spot. Letís get a subivan together to make the trip together, show MI strength!!
IronHorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2021, 03:14 PM   #6029
wrx_roggie
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 53206
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: outside of detroit, MI
Vehicle:
2018 Type RA
WRB

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronHorse View Post
Peaked my interest so looked up the info on the event and found it closer than I think I remember it ever being. Thought it had been up in WI before. Anyhow, bought tickets on the spot. Letís get a subivan together to make the trip together, show MI strength!!
cool! I'm hoping to attend as well
wrx_roggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2021, 07:20 PM   #6030
Gigs90
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 306719
Join Date: Jan 2012
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Troy ,Michigan
Vehicle:
2003 Sti Wagon
@jn_garage

Default

I think its the same weekend as dream cruise so that is why I would not be there
Gigs90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2021, 09:59 PM   #6031
wrx_roggie
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 53206
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: outside of detroit, MI
Vehicle:
2018 Type RA
WRB

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigs90 View Post
I think its the same weekend as dream cruise so that is why I would not be there
True. Dream cruise is Saturday and Subiefest is Sunday though.

(Really dream cruise is May through October)
wrx_roggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2021, 01:22 AM   #6032
BlueSTI4Me
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 34361
Join Date: Mar 2003
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: MI
Vehicle:
04.7 STI
WRB IG @got2boostit2

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrx_roggie View Post
anyone going to Subiefest Midwest? Is it worth the drive?
So went the 1st two years. If you plan to buy parts some good deals are to be had. If you can get a ride in the rally car or plan to autocross or people watch or convoy, it's fun. Both times have been day trips and then get left to drive back alone as people that convoy bail at different times. The raffle has had good prizes if you are lucky enough to win. Most likely will not go this year. May do Dream Cruise or something different.
BlueSTI4Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2021, 03:45 PM   #6033
bobdlux
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 499915
Join Date: Apr 2019
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: SCS, MI
Vehicle:
2019 WRX
Series.Grey

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrx_roggie View Post
anyone going to Subiefest Midwest? Is it worth the drive?
Will be there!
bobdlux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2021, 05:50 PM   #6034
Forester313
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 525755
Join Date: Jul 2021
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Commerce
Vehicle:
2008 Forester XT 2.5
Gray

Default New to the forum.

Hey everyone. Just joined up after purchasing a 2008 Forester XT. Not my first Forester, but a huge upgrade for my non turbo 2005. I love to work on cars and have some experience under the hood of other vehicles (Jeep, Honda, Mitsubishi). Looking forward to sharing whatever knowledge and experience I have.
Forester313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2021, 09:30 PM   #6035
BlueSTI4Me
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 34361
Join Date: Mar 2003
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: MI
Vehicle:
04.7 STI
WRB IG @got2boostit2

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forester313 View Post
Hey everyone. Just joined up after purchasing a 2008 Forester XT. Not my first Forester, but a huge upgrade for my non turbo 2005. I love to work on cars and have some experience under the hood of other vehicles (Jeep, Honda, Mitsubishi). Looking forward to sharing whatever knowledge and experience I have.
Welcome.
BlueSTI4Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2021, 12:01 AM   #6036
Forester313
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 525755
Join Date: Jul 2021
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Commerce
Vehicle:
2008 Forester XT 2.5
Gray

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSTI4Me View Post
Welcome.
Thanks! Are there any local meets or events I should check out? Iíve been out of the car scene in MI for quite some time, but Iíd love to find a few to show my son what car culture is like.
Forester313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2021, 08:08 AM   #6037
BlueSTI4Me
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 34361
Join Date: Mar 2003
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: MI
Vehicle:
04.7 STI
WRB IG @got2boostit2

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forester313 View Post
Thanks! Are there any local meets or events I should check out? Iíve been out of the car scene in MI for quite some time, but Iíd love to find a few to show my son what car culture is like.
Mi-Subie Group on Facebook hosts events. They just hosted a drive up into the Thumb and to Ubly Dragway on Saturday. Had a good turnout. Others have small gatherings on Woodward Friday and Saturday. Not much gets posted here anymore.
BlueSTI4Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2021, 09:11 PM   #6038
Gigs90
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 306719
Join Date: Jan 2012
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Troy ,Michigan
Vehicle:
2003 Sti Wagon
@jn_garage

Default

Oakos is having a meetup at 2pm Saturday August 7th

Gigs90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2021, 02:26 PM   #6039
IronHorse
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 178246
Join Date: Apr 2008
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Metro Detroit Area
Vehicle:
2007 WRX
OBP

Default

OK Midwest Subiefest is only a few days away. Not many posting that they are going from the area. I'm probably leaving Saturday around noon to arrive there around 5ish. That would be taking freeways. Thinking about adding another hour 15/20 mins by taking US12 or I think its 60W from 52/N. Territorial. Anyway, if anyone has a room for the night before and is leaving Sat morning/early afternoon, hit me up. The wife and I will be in the black/blue 07.
IronHorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2021, 04:50 PM   #6040
BlueSTI4Me
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 34361
Join Date: Mar 2003
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: MI
Vehicle:
04.7 STI
WRB IG @got2boostit2

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronHorse View Post
OK Midwest Subiefest is only a few days away. Not many posting that they are going from the area. I'm probably leaving Saturday around noon to arrive there around 5ish. That would be taking freeways. Thinking about adding another hour 15/20 mins by taking US12 or I think its 60W from 52/N. Territorial. Anyway, if anyone has a room for the night before and is leaving Sat morning/early afternoon, hit me up. The wife and I will be in the black/blue 07.
Safe travels and have fun. I wish Airslayer was going to be there.
BlueSTI4Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2021, 09:57 PM   #6041
wrx_roggie
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 53206
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: outside of detroit, MI
Vehicle:
2018 Type RA
WRB

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronHorse View Post
OK Midwest Subiefest is only a few days away. Not many posting that they are going from the area. I'm probably leaving Saturday around noon to arrive there around 5ish. That would be taking freeways. Thinking about adding another hour 15/20 mins by taking US12 or I think its 60W from 52/N. Territorial. Anyway, if anyone has a room for the night before and is leaving Sat morning/early afternoon, hit me up. The wife and I will be in the black/blue 07.
Super bummed. My kids both tested positive for covid this week so I canceled. Iím not getting tested until next week and I donít want to risk it.
Bought my ticket with the tshirt and everything!!
Oh well. Let us know how it is. Hopefully I can go next year!
wrx_roggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2021, 10:17 PM   #6042
RHMIRex
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 413713
Join Date: Feb 2015
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Waterford, MI
Vehicle:
2015 WRX Limited
Ice silver metallic

Default

Any meets coming up?
RHMIRex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2021, 11:57 AM   #6043
Gigs90
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 306719
Join Date: Jan 2012
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Troy ,Michigan
Vehicle:
2003 Sti Wagon
@jn_garage

Default

I have not seen anything for subarus

Detail garage has some nice meetups at their Sterling Heights and Livonia locations.

I will probably wander over there on Sunday with the BMW or Subaru.
Gigs90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2021, 01:04 PM   #6044
IronHorse
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 178246
Join Date: Apr 2008
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Metro Detroit Area
Vehicle:
2007 WRX
OBP

Default Subiefest

Sorry took so long to report that the Midwest Subiefest was fantastic. Couldn't ask for a better birthday gift. Or a better day, although it did get a bit hot. Had to go to the concession area a couple times to get out of the sun.



There were soooo many Subies there. I'm bad at numbers but I'd have to say there were well over 500 Subarus including in the show and what spectators drove there in. Imagine a parking lot for a concert and everyone drove a Subaru. Just hearing a dozen or so modified engines going at the same time or the time trials going on in the background. Its no wonder I walked around with a hard on the whole day.


I've got some pics and video footage if anyone is interested.


IronHorse
IronHorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2021, 10:05 PM   #6045
BlueSTI4Me
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 34361
Join Date: Mar 2003
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: MI
Vehicle:
04.7 STI
WRB IG @got2boostit2

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronHorse View Post
Sorry took so long to report that the Midwest Subiefest was fantastic. Couldn't ask for a better birthday gift. Or a better day, although it did get a bit hot. Had to go to the concession area a couple times to get out of the sun.



There were soooo many Subies there. I'm bad at numbers but I'd have to say there were well over 500 Subarus including in the show and what spectators drove there in. Imagine a parking lot for a concert and everyone drove a Subaru. Just hearing a dozen or so modified engines going at the same time or the time trials going on in the background. Its no wonder I walked around with a hard on the whole day.


I've got some pics and video footage if anyone is interested.


IronHorse
Post up what ya have.
BlueSTI4Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2021, 08:53 AM   #6046
IronHorse
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 178246
Join Date: Apr 2008
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Metro Detroit Area
Vehicle:
2007 WRX
OBP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSTI4Me View Post
Post up what ya have.
Not sure why but I have not been able to get into the pic host here to post any image or video for some time now. Tried several different times. Please If anyone can host, Iíll send you what I have for you to post.
IronHorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:56 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2021 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2019, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.