Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Saturday July 20, 2019
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Miscellaneous > Off-Topic

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2018, 10:58 AM   #26
v-ate
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 78616
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Kilwaukee
Vehicle:
2017 Mustang GT
Race Red

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by markman View Post
By the way, I did 14 pull-ups earlier, just to see if I could.

It wasn't pretty, and I farted a lot, but I did it.

I just lost it. I've never seen ya, but the image in my head made me bust out laughing. Maybe it was the sound effects.

The extra 2 pull ups were icing on the cake.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
v-ate is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Old 03-28-2018, 11:16 AM   #27
dr_wheel
has never eaten a strawberry
 
Member#: 60106
Join Date: Apr 2004
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Pennsyltucky
Vehicle:
I eat pieces of
* like you for breakfast

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by justincredible View Post
Well Rogue got her strength and flight powers from Captain Marvel.
I thought rogue got her strength from mock lightsaber battles and subaru jackets?
dr_wheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 11:18 AM   #28
Hondaslayer
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 4562
Join Date: Feb 2001
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Auburn, WA
Vehicle:
2014 Electric Datsun
2005 Adventure van

Default

No no, those are a result of her powers. She got her powers from the creator, just as her powers were stripped by her creator.


rug died for your signs, but she will rise on Sunday.



And probably have an Easter beer.
Hondaslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 02:14 PM   #29
Mr.Sparkle
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 83725
Join Date: Mar 2005
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
2015 WRX

Default

Featured on the cover of Entertainment Weekly.

https://ew.com/movies/captain-marvel...captain-marvel



Nick Fury sans eyepatch


Ronan The Accuser
Mr.Sparkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 02:51 PM   #30
bakadayo
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 41230
Join Date: Aug 2003
Default

Is Ronan the Accuser the same Kree in Guardians of the Galaxy 1?
bakadayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 02:57 PM   #31
Mr.Sparkle
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 83725
Join Date: Mar 2005
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
2015 WRX

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakadayo View Post
Is Ronan the Accuser the same Kree in Guardians of the Galaxy 1?
Yes he is.

This should be an interesting movie. It's the only MCU movie that comes out before IW2 and we know Captain marvel is going to appear in that. It's also been said she will be the most powerful hero so far in the MCU.
Mr.Sparkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 03:33 PM   #32
mhoward1
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 9481
Join Date: Aug 2001
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: FFR Challenge #43
Vehicle:
1832 Steam Buggy
Wood

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Sparkle View Post
Yes he is.

This should be an interesting movie. It's the only MCU movie that comes out before IW2 and we know Captain marvel is going to appear in that. It's also been said she will be the most powerful hero so far in the MCU.
Even more powerful than Hawkeye?
mhoward1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 03:39 PM   #33
Reflex-Arc
Lord of the Gif
 
Member#: 1703
Join Date: Jun 2000
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: one frame at a time
Vehicle:
2013 Fiat 500 Abarth
Bianco

Default

What about The Shoveler?
Reflex-Arc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 03:40 PM   #34
Hondaslayer
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 4562
Join Date: Feb 2001
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Auburn, WA
Vehicle:
2014 Electric Datsun
2005 Adventure van

Default

Guy on the left with the two swords, is that the same guy from Guardians of The Galaxy that was Ronans right hand man?
Hondaslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 03:40 PM   #35
Mr.Sparkle
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 83725
Join Date: Mar 2005
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
2015 WRX

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhoward1 View Post
Even more powerful than Hawkeye?
Listen, when you can score 18 on an 18 hole golf course then you can talk bad about Hawkeye.
Mr.Sparkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 03:44 PM   #36
Tilapia
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 42454
Join Date: Aug 2003
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Location: AZ
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhoward1 View Post
Even more powerful than Hawkeye?
Barely
Tilapia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 03:44 PM   #37
Hondaslayer
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 4562
Join Date: Feb 2001
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Auburn, WA
Vehicle:
2014 Electric Datsun
2005 Adventure van

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Sparkle View Post
Listen, when you can score 18 on an 18 hole golf course then you can talk bad about Hawkeye.
Meh, KJU and Donald Trump tied at 1 for all 18 holes.


Beat that, Hawkeye!
Hondaslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 03:48 PM   #38
mhoward1
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 9481
Join Date: Aug 2001
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: FFR Challenge #43
Vehicle:
1832 Steam Buggy
Wood

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Sparkle View Post
Listen, when you can score 18 on an 18 hole golf course then you can talk bad about Hawkeye.
Cheater clubs
mhoward1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 03:59 PM   #39
wolf8314
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 9185
Join Date: Aug 2001
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: MAIC
Vehicle:
2012 Toyota Tundra
Black

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Sparkle View Post
Featured on the cover of Entertainment Weekly.

https://ew.com/movies/captain-marvel...captain-marvel



Nick Fury sans eyepatch


Ronan The Accuser
well good to see Kathleen Kennedy getting work outside of LucasFilm. I mean the #TheForceisFemale worked out GREAT for The Last Jedi and Solo .... lets see what happens here .....
wolf8314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 04:04 PM   #40
Reflex-Arc
Lord of the Gif
 
Member#: 1703
Join Date: Jun 2000
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: one frame at a time
Vehicle:
2013 Fiat 500 Abarth
Bianco

Default

#SJWAgendaIsReal
#TheTruthIsFemale
#ImeanTheTruthIsNonGenderSpecific
#DurTerkErJerrrbs
Reflex-Arc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 04:08 PM   #41
Hondaslayer
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 4562
Join Date: Feb 2001
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Auburn, WA
Vehicle:
2014 Electric Datsun
2005 Adventure van

Default

Pretty much.


TLJ was bad because it was bad. Not because of Lucy Skywalker.
Hondaslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 05:14 PM   #42
tcs007
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 4103
Join Date: Feb 2001
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Brookfield
Vehicle:
2016 Mazda6
Red

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaslayer View Post
Guy on the left with the two swords, is that the same guy from Guardians of The Galaxy that was Ronans right hand man?
Sure looks like him.
tcs007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 11:44 PM   #43
Slow5oh
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 70698
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: If you think this is slow
Vehicle:
wait until I go
up a hill...

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf8314 View Post
well good to see Kathleen Kennedy getting work outside of LucasFilm. I mean the #TheForceisFemale worked out GREAT for The Last Jedi and Solo .... lets see what happens here .....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reflex-Arc View Post
#SJWAgendaIsReal
#TheTruthIsFemale
#ImeanTheTruthIsNonGenderSpecific
#DurTerkErJerrrbs

Can someone explain any of this further? Asking for a friend.
Slow5oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 12:26 AM   #44
parker
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 46241
Join Date: Oct 2003
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Location: Horseshoe Overlook
Vehicle:
- Can I get
A wayo

Default





Quote:
Originally Posted by tcs007 View Post
Sure looks like him.

Same actor at least, can't really be explained away, must tie in. ?
parker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 02:03 AM   #45
masskillingspree
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 176730
Join Date: Apr 2008
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: The Land of Sugar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhoward1 View Post
Even more powerful than Hawkeye?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carol_..._and_abilities
Quote:
Carol Danvers initially possessed superhuman strength, endurance, stamina, flight, physical durability, a limited precognitive "sixth sense", and a perfectly amalgamated human/Kree physiology that rendered her resistant to most toxins and poisons. As Binary, the character could tap the energy of a "white hole", allowing full control and manipulation of stellar energies, and therefore control over heat, the electromagnetic spectrum and gravity. Light speed travel and the ability to survive in the vacuum of space were also possible.

Although the link to the white hole was eventually severed, Danvers retains her Binary powers on a smaller scale, enabling her to both absorb energy and project it in photonic form. She can also still survive in space. While she lacks a constant source of energy to maintain the abilities at their previous cosmic level, she can temporarily assume her Binary form if empowered with a high enough infusion of energy.

Danvers possesses superhuman strength and durability, can fly at roughly six times the speed of sound,[85] retains her sixth sense, and can discharge explosive blasts of radiant energy, which she fires from her fingertips. She also demonstrates the ability to absorb other forms of energy, such as electricity, to further magnify her strength and energy projection, up to the force of an exploding nuclear weapon.[45] When sufficiently augmented, she can withstand the pressure from a 92-ton weight, and strike with a similar level of force, although Hank Pym theorized that this likely was not her limit.[86] Danvers cannot absorb magical energy without consequence, though she aided Dr. Stephen Strange in the defeat of the mystic menace Sir Warren Traveler.[87]

Carol Danvers is also an exceptional espionage agent, pilot, hand-to-hand combatant and marksman.
That's a tough call.
masskillingspree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 02:26 AM   #46
obyone
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 16523
Join Date: Mar 2002
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: I do.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Sparkle View Post
Featured on the cover of Entertainment Weekly.



jpg[/IMG]


Blah! She looks nothing like she does in the comic.

didjagetit
obyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 09:12 AM   #47
mhoward1
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 9481
Join Date: Aug 2001
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: FFR Challenge #43
Vehicle:
1832 Steam Buggy
Wood

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhoward1 View Post
Even more powerful than Hawkeye?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Sparkle View Post
Listen, when you can score 18 on an 18 hole golf course then you can talk bad about Hawkeye.
Quote:
Originally Posted by masskillingspree View Post
So the answer is no. (No mention of her even playing golf!!)
mhoward1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 10:34 AM   #48
wolf8314
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 9185
Join Date: Aug 2001
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: MAIC
Vehicle:
2012 Toyota Tundra
Black

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slow5oh View Post
Can someone explain any of this further? Asking for a friend.
No story .... I was just being snarky.

Kathleen Kennedy heads up LucasFilm and coined the hashtag "#TheForceisFemale". Under her "leadership" weve seen LucasFilm interject a clear SJW agenda into the Star Wars films. This was masked in TFA because Abrams was a good enough director and writer to give him a rehash of ANH BUT still had enough new content to keep the story interesting. Rian Johnson doesnt have the pedigree that JJ had, and Kennedy shoveled all the Cal Berkeley SJW bull* she could into TLJ, which combined with Johnson's shoddy writing ability led to TLJ being a heaping pile of steaming dung.

Where on the surface TLJ appeared to be a fiscal success, in reality it was a financial failure as it only mustered roughly half of what it was projected to make at the box office. Secondary sales (merchandising) was equally as disappointing. The backlash against TLJ directly led to Solo bombing at the box office and being a overall "loss" for Disney.

Sooooooooo seeing the cover of that magazine and the headline "The Future is Female", made me chuckle.

The difference here is that Marvel Studios is headed up by Kevin Feige who actually knows what he is doing and values a good story, and character development over political BS.
wolf8314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 11:10 AM   #49
Jsunn
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 15467
Join Date: Feb 2002
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Reston, VA
Vehicle:
2013 BMW 335i xDrive
White

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf8314 View Post
No story .... I was just being snarky.

Kathleen Kennedy heads up LucasFilm and coined the hashtag "#TheForceisFemale". Under her "leadership" weve seen LucasFilm interject a clear SJW agenda into the Star Wars films. This was masked in TFA because Abrams was a good enough director and writer to give him a rehash of ANH BUT still had enough new content to keep the story interesting. Rian Johnson doesnt have the pedigree that JJ had, and Kennedy shoveled all the Cal Berkeley SJW bull* she could into TLJ, which combined with Johnson's shoddy writing ability led to TLJ being a heaping pile of steaming dung.

Where on the surface TLJ appeared to be a fiscal success, in reality it was a financial failure as it only mustered roughly half of what it was projected to make at the box office. Secondary sales (merchandising) was equally as disappointing. The backlash against TLJ directly led to Solo bombing at the box office and being a overall "loss" for Disney.

Sooooooooo seeing the cover of that magazine and the headline "The Future is Female", made me chuckle.

The difference here is that Marvel Studios is headed up by Kevin Feige who actually knows what he is doing and values a good story, and character development over political BS.
Jsunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 11:16 AM   #50
Reflex-Arc
Lord of the Gif
 
Member#: 1703
Join Date: Jun 2000
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: one frame at a time
Vehicle:
2013 Fiat 500 Abarth
Bianco

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsunn View Post
Vapor trails are the government (a Disney subsidiary) cloud seeding with estrogen in an effort to undermine your masculinity and facilitate the rise of Romantic Dramadies as the next Hollywood boom.
Reflex-Arc is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:54 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2019 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2017, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.