Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Tuesday October 24, 2017
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
Click here to visit TireRack
Brakes & Suspension Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack

Losing traction? Need new tires?
Click here to visit the NASIOC Upgrade Garage...
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Brakes, Steering & Suspension

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 02-18-2001, 07:50 AM   #1
WRXed
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 3898
Vehicle:
2004 WRX STi
White/gold

Lightbulb Why is BFG killing the g-Force R1?

Does anyone know the story behind BFG's decision to discontinue the g-Force R1? Are they leaving the DOT/comp tire market for good or do they have a successor planned? I know alienated many (including me) with how poorly they handled the manufacturing transition form the 230 R1 to the g-Force R1. Is there more to it than this?
WRXed is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-18-2001, 09:40 AM   #2
Gary (gg)
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 179
Vehicle:
98 2.5RS
Rally Blue

The reason is they are not the spec'd tire of Speedvision's Touring Car Series and autocrossers quit running them because they wore out quicker and less predictable up to the limit. They were not faster than the old Comp TA R1 they replaced.
Gary (gg) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2001, 11:25 AM   #3
Patrick Olsen
NASIOC Supporter

Member#: 120
Chapter/Region: AKIC
Vehicle:
1997 Legacy 2.5GT
1996 Impreza coupe

Actually, I thought BFG decided to drop the tire, and as a result the TC Series was left hanging, rather than the other way around. I could be wrong though. That's just the way I had interpreted the news and various comments I've read here and there.

BFG does not intend to produce a newer R compound tire. As far as I know they intend to continue making the Drag Radial, but that will be the only competition tire they make.

Pat Olsen
'97 Legacy 2.5GT sedan
Patrick Olsen is offline   Reply With Quote