Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Friday August 17, 2018
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > General Community

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2013, 06:27 PM   #8076
Mr. Lin
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 344988
Join Date: Jan 2013
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Vehicle:
2013 WRX STi
ISM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyzzthetics View Post
Is anyone else ordering ISM??
no, but i ended up getting one. they're a dime a dozen out here. all of the dealers' inventories are filled with them.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Mr. Lin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Old 04-08-2013, 06:29 PM   #8077
Mr. Lin
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 344988
Join Date: Jan 2013
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Vehicle:
2013 WRX STi
ISM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tgwolfwood1981 View Post
Only reason I ask is that I'm a BMW tech. 135i is a good car, but I totally understand the trade.
I originally wanted a 135 bc I've been a bmw guy for most of my life, but I just can't see me sticking a kid back there.
Mr. Lin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 07:23 PM   #8078
Tgwolfwood1981
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 349786
Join Date: Mar 2013
Chapter/Region: South East
Vehicle:
2013 DGM Prem WRX
Awaiting its arrival.....

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Lin View Post
I originally wanted a 135 bc I've been a bmw guy for most of my life, but I just can't see me sticking a kid back there.
Yeah, not Alot of space back there. Although I did work on a 135i today and it had two car seats in the back. Lol
Tgwolfwood1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 08:20 PM   #8079
Mr. Lin
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 344988
Join Date: Jan 2013
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Vehicle:
2013 WRX STi
ISM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tgwolfwood1981 View Post
Yeah, not Alot of space back there. Although I did work on a 135i today and it had two car seats in the back. Lol
I once had to ride in the backseat from Vegas to L.A. and I actually sat on the bolster between the two backseats because both the driver and passenger were above 6'0" and I'm only 5'8" so the choice was obvious. That was a ride from hell...
Mr. Lin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 08:48 PM   #8080
WRX_Mafia
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 343626
Join Date: Jan 2013
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: Ken Caryl, CO
Vehicle:
2013 WRX Sedan
SWP

Default

Week 12 for me today. But... my WRX is coming in next week on the 16th!!
I've already got some minor mods all lined up the day it comes in.
-Red pinstripe for grill and interior dash/trim
-LED license plate bulbs
-JDMFanaticVinyl.com front and rear badge vinyl overlays (black/red)
-JDMFanaticVinyl.com Red rear turn signal vinyl overlays
-Nokya Hi Beam Yellow Bulbs
-Nokya Low Beam Yellow Bulbs (Yes I'm gonna rock the yellow for a little bit. Something different from all the blue/purple bulbs you see others with)

The following weekend I will be blacking out the headlight housing.
WRX_Mafia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 09:02 PM   #8081
punkNdrublic04
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 273621
Join Date: Feb 2011
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Ballston Lake, NY
Vehicle:
2013 WRX Limited
SWP Hatch

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRX_Mafia View Post
Week 12 for me today. But... my WRX is coming in next week on the 16th!!
I've already got some minor mods all lined up the day it comes in.
-Red pinstripe for grill and interior dash/trim
-LED license plate bulbs
-JDMFanaticVinyl.com front and rear badge vinyl overlays (black/red)
-JDMFanaticVinyl.com Red rear turn signal vinyl overlays
-Nokya Hi Beam Yellow Bulbs
-Nokya Low Beam Yellow Bulbs (Yes I'm gonna rock the yellow for a little bit. Something different from all the blue/purple bulbs you see others with)

The following weekend I will be blacking out the headlight housing.
Finally someone else from my "class" will be getting their car soon lol. Can't wait to see pics with all your mods.

On a side note: I just hit 650 miles and I did some spirited 1/2 throttle boost runs up to 5k RPMS to ease in the boost lol. All I gotta say is this car is amazing and I can't wait to be over the 1000 mile mark to finally go WOT and see what shes really made of.
punkNdrublic04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 11:05 PM   #8082
rltwJSANe
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 325404
Join Date: Jul 2012
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Toms River, NJ
Vehicle:
2013 STi
SWP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkNdrublic04 View Post

Finally someone else from my "class" will be getting their car soon lol. Can't wait to see pics with all your mods.

On a side note: I just hit 650 miles and I did some spirited 1/2 throttle boost runs up to 5k RPMS to ease in the boost lol. All I gotta say is this car is amazing and I can't wait to be over the 1000 mile mark to finally go WOT and see what shes really made of.
Great to hear you're really enjoying your ride. Ease 'er in.

My ETA is tomorrow. 14 weeks overall and over two weeks at port so far...

I don't know what I'll do if I don't hear anything tomorrow... =(
rltwJSANe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 12:24 AM   #8083
Scoobers
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 341693
Join Date: Dec 2012
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Powell, OH
Vehicle:
2013 Subaru
13 WRX SWP

Default




Just because its like three weeks till she's in my garage.

I just did about $2500 worth of garage work in preparation for my Scoobers.

I will post pics when Its completed. Hopefully by the end of this week
Scoobers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 12:48 AM   #8084
wiscwinter
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 350741
Join Date: Mar 2013
Default

You guys are making me jealous. Called SOA earlier today, still eta of July. I'm only on week 3, so i can only imagine what the next 10 or so will bring. It's a WRB Limited Hatch. Starting to buy mods to kill the time...and fill up the garage

Last edited by wiscwinter; 04-09-2013 at 01:07 AM.
wiscwinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 02:32 AM   #8085
Chasewrx
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 290616
Join Date: Aug 2011
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: South Bay Area NorCal
Default

I had originally ordered my 2013 world rally blue sti hatch because I couldn't find a single one in any of California, last week while doing my daily check of every dealer in California (I had dozens of tabs open lol) I found one 4 hours away. Sent the down payment a day later to have the dealer hold it. and I get to fly down there next week to pick her up after she gets off the truck. My July eta just changed to April
Chasewrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 08:06 AM   #8086
Tgwolfwood1981
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 349786
Join Date: Mar 2013
Chapter/Region: South East
Vehicle:
2013 DGM Prem WRX
Awaiting its arrival.....

Default

Week 4 today. Pros and cons of ordering from hatfield. Pros: I work for the sonic corp. so I get employee pricing from hatfield. Cons: I can't do what CHASEWRXdid and search a bunch of other dealers for a car that might already be here. So the wait contiues.
Tgwolfwood1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 08:24 AM   #8087
suby25
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 52822
Join Date: Jan 2004
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: SoCal
Vehicle:
2015 WRX

Default

Week 5, no updates or ETA. Dealers says the car will be in the May allocation, but not indication of which boat it would be on.
suby25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 09:00 AM   #8088
wiscwinter
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 350741
Join Date: Mar 2013
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chasewrx View Post
I had originally ordered my 2013 world rally blue sti hatch because I couldn't find a single one in any of California, last week while doing my daily check of every dealer in California (I had dozens of tabs open lol) I found one 4 hours away. Sent the down payment a day later to have the dealer hold it. and I get to fly down there next week to pick her up after she gets off the truck. My July eta just changed to April
Nice work Chase! I've been looking around here (Wi) but pickings are slim. Especially if you want a limited.
wiscwinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 09:09 AM   #8089
bgh318
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 248354
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Atlanta
Vehicle:
2013 WRX
DGM

Default

What number do you guys call SOA for a status update? Just the general 1-800 number and give them your VON? I don't want to keep bugging my salesman so I figure I'll switch off between her and SOA lol
bgh318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 09:14 AM   #8090
V3rtigo
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 262020
Join Date: Oct 2010
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Milwaukee
Vehicle:
2013 STi-Limited
PBP

Default

Just received an actual date from my dealer.

Von 1-24
first eta: may
second eta: may 8th

Assuming that it shows up on that date, it would be 15 weeks total.
V3rtigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 09:14 AM   #8091
d_now
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 177424
Join Date: Apr 2008
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: MKE
Vehicle:
2002 WRB WRX/STi
'13 WRB STi 5-Door

Default

I'm at 6.5 weeks here, dealer said order is listed as June, hoping she comes in before then! 2013 WRB STi Hatch. I check this thread multiple times a day. I'm not certain if its helping me from going crazy or causing me to go crazy while waiting! Haha
d_now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 09:15 AM   #8092
V3rtigo
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 262020
Join Date: Oct 2010
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Milwaukee
Vehicle:
2013 STi-Limited
PBP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_now View Post
I'm at 6.5 weeks here, dealer said order is listed as June, hoping she comes in before then! 2013 WRB STi Hatch. I check this thread multiple times a day. I'm not certain if its helping me from going crazy or causing me to go crazy while waiting! Haha
Which dealer did you go to?
V3rtigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 09:23 AM   #8093
WRB13WRX
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 341786
Join Date: Dec 2012
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Birmingham, AL
Vehicle:
2013 WRX Ltd. Hatch
SWP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobers View Post



Just because its like three weeks till she's in my garage.

I just did about $2500 worth of garage work in preparation for my Scoobers.

I will post pics when Its completed. Hopefully by the end of this week
cant wait for those pics!
WRB13WRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 09:31 AM   #8094
Tweeked STI
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 349217
Join Date: Mar 2013
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Norridge, IL
Vehicle:
2013 STI Sedan
WRB

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Lin View Post
I originally wanted a 135 bc I've been a bmw guy for most of my life, but I just can't see me sticking a kid back there.
That's one of the reasons I'm switching to a STI. The 135i isn't practical for me anymore.
Tweeked STI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 09:33 AM   #8095
suby25
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 52822
Join Date: Jan 2004
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: SoCal
Vehicle:
2015 WRX

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by V3rtigo View Post
Just received an actual date from my dealer.

Von 1-24
first eta: may
second eta: may 8th

Assuming that it shows up on that date, it would be 15 weeks total.
Wow, seems like the lead times on most recent orders are a lot higher than what my SNE dealer told me. I hope I'm not waiting 15 weeks!
suby25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 09:34 AM   #8096
asiago_cheese
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 352819
Join Date: Apr 2013
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: warm and sunny Cleveland, OH
Vehicle:
2013 WRX
DGM

Default

I ordered my 2013 WRX 5 door, base, on 1/11/2013, so I'm working on week 12. The original delivery estimate was last week, but it was bumped to late April/early May. I had a VON within a month, but no VIN as of two weeks ago.

I'm going through Ganley Subaru in Cleveland, OH, which is the highest volume dealer in the area. I'm going nuts waiting. Had I known how long this was going to take, I probably would have done a much more exhaustive job finding one on a lot somewhere. The problem is, the base models sell so quick that all that is left are the premium and limited, which are not what I want.
asiago_cheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 09:35 AM   #8097
WRB13WRX
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 341786
Join Date: Dec 2012
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Birmingham, AL
Vehicle:
2013 WRX Ltd. Hatch
SWP

Default

i looked at a 135i..but the bmw dealership here is so uptight i couldnt even get a salesman because i guess they didnt think i could afford a car there. took almost an hour for me to finally get a salesman that i had to track down. it was just one of many dealerships i took my car to and talked to their manager about not letting me drive a car or just not even talking to me
WRB13WRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 09:43 AM   #8098
Tweeked STI
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 349217
Join Date: Mar 2013
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Norridge, IL
Vehicle:
2013 STI Sedan
WRB

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRB13WRX View Post
i looked at a 135i..but the bmw dealership here is so uptight i couldnt even get a salesman because i guess they didnt think i could afford a car there. took almost an hour for me to finally get a salesman that i had to track down. it was just one of many dealerships i took my car to and talked to their manager about not letting me drive a car or just not even talking to me
That's how it was for me at Subaru before I got the 135i. I never could get a test drive on a STI nor even a used one. The BMW dealer went to in the Chicagoland area came right out when I pulled up in my SRT4. They asked if I wanted to go for a test drive and told me to even open it up on the highway. The only reason I got the 135i was because I knew how it drove and liked how everything felt and how the car handled when I couldn't compare it to the STI.
Tweeked STI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 09:47 AM   #8099
Corners
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 346539
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Joburg
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by asiago_cheese View Post
I ordered my 2013 WRX 5 door, base, on 1/11/2013, so I'm working on week 12.
FYI, If you ordered 1/11, you're working on week 13.
Corners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 10:05 AM   #8100
WRB13WRX
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 341786
Join Date: Dec 2012
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Birmingham, AL
Vehicle:
2013 WRX Ltd. Hatch
SWP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweeked STI View Post
That's how it was for me at Subaru before I got the 135i. I never could get a test drive on a STI nor even a used one. The BMW dealer went to in the Chicagoland area came right out when I pulled up in my SRT4. They asked if I wanted to go for a test drive and told me to even open it up on the highway. The only reason I got the 135i was because I knew how it drove and liked how everything felt and how the car handled when I couldn't compare it to the STI.
lol my subie dealership drove a brz off the showroom floor for me to drive. i guess it varies dealer to dealer. thats why i like to go back to let them see thay i did buy a 30k+ car. and they lost a sale. hell i had a guy at a chevy dealership let me take out a brand new off the truck 2013 v8 camaro. didnt even get my license or anything.
WRB13WRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:23 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2018 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2017, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.