Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Monday March 18, 2024
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Interior & Exterior Modification

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 05-16-2013, 10:31 PM   #1
amanMaphia
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 177368
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2011 wrx
DGM

Default Downpipe to factory catback fitment compilation...Chime in with your set up.

I have read up and down these forums and can't find a compilation of what downpipes (besides COBB) are a direct great fitment for my 2011 wrx. I am thinking of going catless, and don't see any others that taper down to the 2.5 inch of the midpipe.
Can someone lay this out for me.
People with DownPipes matted to factory catback, I would love your feedback for the 2011 sedan.
Thanks,
amanMaphia is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-16-2013, 10:36 PM   #2
WRX boarder
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 328399
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Vehicle:
2012 WRX Limited
OBP

go with the grimmspeed gasket and get the dp you want. as a bonus if you decide to upgrade your cbe later you can have a full 3" exhaust with no restrictions
WRX boarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 11:00 PM   #3
amanMaphia
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2011 wrx
DGM

are there no downpipes beside the cobb that taper down to a 2.5 inch? if not then Grimmspeed option would do.

I still would like some further options from those of you that have this set up.
Old 05-16-2013, 11:41 PM   #4
warpdwhim
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 204130
Chapter/Region: W. Canada
Vehicle:
2019 Golf R
White

I've got a nameless dp - stock midpipe - grimmspeed adapter in between.
warpdwhim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 01:17 AM   #5
Uncle Scotty
*** Banned ***

Member#: 16200
Vehicle:
OK buy Nates beans
westcoastroasting.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRX boarder View Post
go with the grimmspeed gasket and get the dp you want. as a bonus if you decide to upgrade your cbe later you can have a full 3" exhaust with no restrictions

although it goes against common mans 'common sense'.....

for a stock location, internally gated turbo......using the proper combination of 3" dp and straight through 2 1/2" axle back with a tapered straight through midpipe can actually increase power and throttle response if it is all coated/wrapped all the way back to the end of the midpipe

keep the heat in....keep the gas velosity up as the gas cools and volume decreases...keeps backpressure down

but.....meh... it aint k00 to have less than 3" exhaust

I know what im gonna do for my next exhaust.....and its gonna have a 2 1/2" stromung axleback and the whole exhaust is gonna be coated from the heads to the end of the midpipe

but i dont know nuthin
Uncle Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 09:53 PM   #6
p951951951t
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 276541
Chapter/Region: South East
Vehicle:
1972 Alfa Romeo GTV
Alfa Rosso

Quote:
keep the heat in....keep the gas velosity up as the gas cools and volume decreases...keeps backpressure down
Uncle Scotty, with utmost respect, you have a lot of knowledge about these cars and good old fashion know-how but sometimes your understanding of physics makes my brain hurt. I would stick to just saying "it works" instead of trying to explain why.
p951951951t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 10:49 AM   #7
amanMaphia
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2011 wrx
DGM

Thanks Scotty. Wrap it up..
I want to know which downpipes have the taper built in to 2.5 inches though and peoples thoughts on them, trying to avoid the grimmspeed adapter.

I am trying to find out my other options besides Cobb for perfect fitment, cuz i'm keeping the catback oem, but want to reflash to the next stage