Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Friday December 15, 2017
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Classifieds > Vendor Storefront Forums > Perrin Performance

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 11-21-2013, 07:37 PM   #26
ACardiel11
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (0)

Member#: 283684

Any install videos for a 2009 wrx?
ACardiel11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-21-2013, 07:50 PM   #27
PERRIN_Chris
NASIOC Vendor
Vendor Sales Rating: (0)

Member#: 186665
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Vehicle:
2014 BRZ
White

Hello, sorry we do not have any install videos. But the install couldn't be too much easier, since it's a plug and play design.

This thread actually refers to old past design, you can read all about our new EBCS on our website here: http://perrinperformance.com/i-14286...-solenoid.html
PERRIN_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 11:26 AM   #28
mr.jingles
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 343584
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Vehicle:
2007 STI Limited
Urban grey

I have had the perrin ecbs for a year and a half. 2 months ago I noticed wastegate flutter WOT. Never could find the cause. Recently, after a desert drifting event, i could no longer hit peak boost. Thinking I sucked up sand I took all boost tubes, charge tubes, ebcs and bov off and cleaned. No sand made it through air filter. Some reason car acted normal afterwards till the next day. I hit 33 psi on a 22 psi map twice (bcs cut off boost). Then I couldn't reach peak boost after that even after resetting ecu and reloading maps. Changed between WA and CA maps and both had same results. Bcs knew boost target but failed to reach boost target leading me to believe the bcs has failed. AFR is 11.1 and absolutely no knock.
Bcs could have slowly been going bad and the desert run could of expedited the breakdown due to the heat in engine bay and placement of bcs.
Sucks the warranty just went out but ordering a new one; hope it solves the problem!
mr.jingles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 12:34 PM   #29
PERRIN_Chris
NASIOC Vendor

Member#: 186665
Vehicle:
2014 BRZ
White

Hi Mr. Jingles, haven't heard from you in a while! Did you check the vacuum lines going to the EBCS? Maybe it somehow developed a leak. Did the EBCS still sound the same when it was working when you were having the boost issues? Also where was the EBCS located in the engine bay, since you were saying it got a lot of heat.
PERRIN_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2016, 10:43 PM   #30
demo bp
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 416987
Default 2015 wrx base

I bought the perrin boost control solenoid over a year ago and when i went to the tuner to have him tune the car they hooked it up and tried tuning the car. I have a 2015 wrx base with ETS turboback catless exhaust, ETS intake and tgv deletes and they could not get the solenoid to work so i contacted perrin and they swapped it out for a brand new one. Now i have it sitting in the box brand new never installed. Im wondering what went wrong with the first one or did they not know how to tune it or was it a malfunction with the solenoid
demo bp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 03:05 PM   #31
PERRIN_Thomas
NASIOC Vendor

Member#: 423601
Vehicle:
2016 WRX
LBP

Quote:
Originally Posted by demo bp View Post
I bought the perrin boost control solenoid over a year ago and when i went to the tuner to have him tune the car they hooked it up and tried tuning the car. I have a 2015 wrx base with ETS turboback catless exhaust, ETS intake and tgv deletes and they could not get the solenoid to work so i contacted perrin and they swapped it out for a brand new one. Now i have it sitting in the box brand new never installed. Im wondering what went wrong with the first one or did they not know how to tune it or was it a malfunction with the solenoid
Hello!

I'm sorry you had an issue with the EBCS, now we sent you a new one and it works just fine?

Are you asking what you should do with the old one?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
PERRIN_Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote