Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Monday September 20, 2021
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
Click here to visit TireRack
Brakes & Suspension Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack

Losing traction? Need new tires?
Click here to visit the NASIOC Upgrade Garage...
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Brakes, Steering & Suspension

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 08-22-2021, 05:13 PM   #1
RealBACONATOR2
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 520025
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
2011 Impreza OBS

Default Suspension parts for lifted impreza? (sway bar links, control arms)

I have a 2011 impreza obs that I lifted 1.5" using the anderson design strut spacers w/ multi link kit. The rear looks fine, but in the front the control arm might be pretty far out of position.

When I had it aligned post-install the guys at the shop recommended replacing the front lower control arms, and pointed to fairly deteriorating bushings on them.

For people who have lifted imprezas, do you also put on longer sway bar links and stuff to put the control arm in a more-normal angle? Or are there control arms made differently than OEM to handle the new angle of the wheels and stuff?

Thanks!
RealBACONATOR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-23-2021, 01:37 PM   #2
REX_WGN
NASIOC Supporter

Member#: 107618
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
2006 WRX Wagon
2009 FXT

Curious - does the kit have subframe spacers? Does your OBS come with subframe spacers? If not, may that would help with some of the taller angles.

The 2011+ STI control arms have a larger diameter sealed pillowball bushing. That should help. What parts needed to make them fit is something that needs to be researched.
REX_WGN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2021, 12:08 AM   #3
RealBACONATOR2
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 520025
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
2011 Impreza OBS

Quote:
Originally Posted by REX_WGN View Post
Curious - does the kit have subframe spacers? Does your OBS come with subframe spacers? If not, may that would help with some of the taller angles.

The 2011+ STI control arms have a larger diameter sealed pillowball bushing. That should help. What parts needed to make them fit is something that needs to be researched.
Yea the kit did come with rear subframe spacers that I installed. I've just know the angles of everything changes pretty dramatically so didn't know if there are any other recommended parts to reduce wear.

Definitely seen a bunch of different control arm bushings! But most are on control arms made for the wider WRX/STI that don't fit N/A imprezas
RealBACONATOR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2021, 04:18 PM   #4
REX_WGN
NASIOC Supporter

Member#: 107618
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
2006 WRX Wagon
2009 FXT

Are you sure the control arm bushings don't fit? There has to be an offering for your model. I know for the STIs, their aluminum control arm rear bushings changed to a bigger spherical sealed one during MY11. Prior to that, it was a smaller rubber version. In either case, there's aftermarket options for both so some of these options should work with yours. As for the front bushing, it's the same for all aftermarket offerings.
REX_WGN is offline   Reply With Quote