Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday March 28, 2024
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Newbies & FAQs

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 10-10-2008, 05:32 PM   #1
Skoloseven
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 190226
Default Walbro pump install turned sour

Well i tried to install a walbro 255 into my 2002 wrx--- everything went smooth except now my fuel level gauge doesn't work and is throwing a CEL---

What side does the float go on of the metal division you see when working on it?? It was on the left first, nothing. Then i put it on the right, nothing.

What is wrong?
Skoloseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-10-2008, 06:34 PM   #2
smittypac
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 150394
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2007 WRX
sedona red

Improperly grounded?

Just a random guess, Theres not a whole lot that can go wrong with a installation of a fp.....unless your smoking while doing it.
smittypac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 07:06 PM   #3
silversurfer99
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 185169
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Vehicle:
07 sti
black

seems the only reason your gauge wouldnt work at all is if its a improper connection in the wiring, also just check your float to see if it slides without any restrictions
silversurfer99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 07:17 PM   #4
Skoloseven
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 190226

good suggestions folks, sent me in the right direction. Some how my bob lever got turned around and the thing wasn't even making contact. I must have done it while installing it and not seen it. I fixed it but taking the bob up and over the top where there is less resistance, took a flashlight while reinstalling to check if it was still continuous--- sure is..

Fixed-- no cel after ecu reset

Does our cars make it run on less gas when we get really low on gas?? My bov was making wimpy whoosh's while this was going on--- after I fixed it the whooshes were back to normal.

Tip--> Water washes out gasoline out of your eye. If you wash it out quick enough, you wont burn.**(edited later that night, eye hurts again might be going to ER to get some good drops or some kind of flush) That bad. Use a fan too unless you want to get reallly reallllly high on fumes. Maybe even pass out---yes try to leave as little of gas in there as possible. I did mine with a little below half of a tank and was alright

WOW i love this fuel pump... it runs so much better now-- for some reason it even shifts smoother---????

haha no smoking while doing this FP-- grandfather came out to check on me and he about lit a cig--- i was like "noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo " you'll blow me up... He replies-- we dont have enough insurance on you to do that yet

LMAO i love gramps he tried to blow me up hahahah

This was seriously the most chaotic FP install i've heard of. Almost blown up, and gas in my eye. On top of installing, uninstalling--3 times trying to figure out wtf was wrong with the gauge. 4-5 hours total time. roflmao

*----[ xxxTNTxxx ]

Last edited by Skoloseven; 10-10-2008 at 08:44 PM.
Skoloseven is offline   Reply With Quote