Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Sunday June 25, 2017
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Subaru Models > Impreza Forum

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2017, 08:32 PM   #276
carcrazy85
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 465046
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Yonkers, NY
Vehicle:
2017 Impreza Sport
Crystal White Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harriska2 View Post
I have an old Husky set in our Tundra. I hate it. It is very. Plasticy and has curled up where the liner gets pushed up under the console. Just saw a sample WeatherTech today at the subaru dealer and it seems just a little more rubbery. Both are plastic, I suspect, because the need to hold shape and for manufacturing reasons.

If you want rubber, you probably have to go with the Loyd mats that CarCrazy85 posted about. They are a bit ugly with dots and don't have sidewalls but are supposed to have better coverage for like $89 or so. He hasn't posted pics of that brand yet.
Hey I just got the mats in today. They are pretty much the same size as the factory weather mats. They are custom cut to fit exactly to the floor of the car. They are a heavier and more sturdy rubber to then the factory weather mats which is a huge place. I thought the driver side would go more under the gas pedal but its pretty much the same. It does go a tiny more coverage under the clutch and brake pedals. Either way I am happy with the end results. I also got the cargo area mat which is amazing. Here are some photos of the cargo mat. I didn't take any photos of the other mats. I did make a video that I will post tonight. In the photos of the cargo mat you will see how well to the fitment is.
Any questions just ask ok.





Update: Just posted this video of the mats on YouTube.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by carcrazy85; 04-17-2017 at 10:28 PM.
carcrazy85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Old 04-17-2017, 08:42 PM   #277
carcrazy85
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 465046
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Yonkers, NY
Vehicle:
2017 Impreza Sport
Crystal White Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by d0rkiishchris View Post
Love my 2017 Impreza manual transmission. I live in Florida so when it's really hot the slave cylinder or pedal gets a little grindy. Taking it in for service Wednesday. Other than that tho it takes a bit of getting used to vs shifting other cars. The bite point isn't very obvious. The car has over 3000 miles on it now and this has been the oh hickup. I can't seems to find anyone else with the clutch pedal b into grindy when hot.
How hot is it getting over the there? The grab point feels pretty obvious to me. Its on the low side of the pedal travel. To That's the way I like it. The best way to find the grab point is have the car on level ground.

Put the car in first gear and slowly lift off the clutch. You will notice two things. One you feel the car move forward. Two before that you will see the RPM needle drop about 500 rpms. When you see the needle drop that's the true grab point ok.

As I said its pretty obvious after that and before you know it it will be like second nature.
carcrazy85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 09:12 PM   #278
Harriska2
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 464377
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Corvallis, OR
Vehicle:
2017 Impreza 5 Dr

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrbluefozzy View Post
One thing I noticed about the Impreza is the incremental change is set to 5MPH when you use the increase and decrease CC selector to change the cruise control speed. Typically, if you bump it, it should go up 1-2 MPH, the Impreza does it by 5MPG, which is annoying. I set my cruising speed 72, i hit the decrease option and it went to 70, hit the increase speed and it jumps up to 75! pathetic iMO, not like my 16' silverado or my 08 Forester or any 20+ other cars I've own in my life.
I don't know which Impreza you have but both I and my husband found it to increase/decrease by 1 mph. We have the stock hatchback.
Harriska2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 10:35 PM   #279
Impreza2121
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 462967
Join Date: Feb 2017
Default

Radar cruise control (only) bumps in 5mph jumps, but you can set it anywhere, to the MPH, originally.
Impreza2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 09:24 AM   #280
d0rkiishchris
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 463740
Join Date: Feb 2017
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by carcrazy85 View Post
How hot is it getting over the there? The grab point feels pretty obvious to me. Its on the low side of the pedal travel. To That's the way I like it. The best way to find the grab point is have the car on level ground.

Put the car in first gear and slowly lift off the clutch. You will notice two things. One you feel the car move forward. Two before that you will see the RPM needle drop about 500 rpms. When you see the needle drop that's the true grab point ok.

As I said its pretty obvious after that and before you know it it will be like second nature.
its obvious when the cars moving, you just don't get any feeling in the pedal. Compared to 4 other Subaru 5-speeds I have access to, the 2017s seems to have the least feeling in the clutch pedal. I know exactly where it is, about an inch to an inch and half from the floor. But its not totally grabbed there, its just slipping, pull the clutch out quickly from there and you'll just stall. I add a little gas while pulling it out to about 1500 rpms and its grabbing firmly and properly at a little past half way on the engagement.

Maybe I mean the clutch feels really light. I have to wear really thin soul driver loafers or vans to really feel where the pedal is. In my work shoes its a compete guessing game as to where the clutch is. At 3000 miles or so and in the Florida heat the clutch gets a bit grindy if been sitting in the sun all afternoon. Its been a known issue in past Subarus, at least I can feel the damn bite point when its like this.

The reason for it being so light probably has to do with the slave cylinder being very close to the actual clutch pedal. I've had friends test drive the car and complain they can't feel like the clutch pedal at all and I have to just agree under my breath "yeah... I know :-(" If you read the few reviews on youtube about the 5 speed m/t 2017 even they say the pedal doesn't exactly give you a good feeling where you are on the clutch engagement.

I like the car, lets just speak the truth here.
d0rkiishchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 10:49 AM   #281
KC
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 442
Join Date: Oct 1999
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: RI/SE Mass
Vehicle:
17 OK Sport
00 S2000

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrbluefozzy View Post
One thing I noticed about the Impreza is the incremental change is set to 5MPH when you use the increase and decrease CC selector to change the cruise control speed. Typically, if you bump it, it should go up 1-2 MPH, the Impreza does it by 5MPG, which is annoying. I set my cruising speed 72, i hit the decrease option and it went to 70, hit the increase speed and it jumps up to 75! pathetic iMO, not like my 16' silverado or my 08 Forester or any 20+ other cars I've own in my life.
My '17 sport is 1mph per up or down flick. I've never seen the 5mph change.

One thing I have noticed that if I am slowing up a hill (from lagging) and I would like to slow down via cruise, if I flick down, it will set at my current speed, not decrement one mph per flick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carcrazy85 View Post
Hey I just got the mats in today. They are pretty much the same size as the factory weather mats. They are custom cut to fit exactly to the floor of the car.
Thanks for sharing and I think this is where Weathertech is better suited for my application than what you have, due to the raised edges forming a container for a slight spill and not allowing debris/dirt/grass to get into the edges and under the mat. That mat is just a protector for what's directly under, but you're going to be able to see dirt accumulate under around the edges with it.

--kC
KC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 10:50 AM   #282
KC
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 442
Join Date: Oct 1999
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: RI/SE Mass
Vehicle:
17 OK Sport
00 S2000

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impreza2121 View Post
Radar cruise control (only) bumps in 5mph jumps, but you can set it anywhere, to the MPH, originally.
Oh... good point. If you have eyesight, it may be different (5mph increments). I don't have eyesight.

--kC
KC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 01:41 PM   #283
carcrazy85
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 465046
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Yonkers, NY
Vehicle:
2017 Impreza Sport
Crystal White Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC View Post
My '17 sport is 1mph per up or down flick. I've never seen the 5mph change.

One thing I have noticed that if I am slowing up a hill (from lagging) and I would like to slow down via cruise, if I flick down, it will set at my current speed, not decrement one mph per flick.

Thanks for sharing and I think this is where Weathertech is better suited for my application than what you have, due to the raised edges forming a container for a slight spill and not allowing debris/dirt/grass to get into the edges and under the mat. That mat is just a protector for what's directly under, but you're going to be able to see dirt accumulate under around the edges with it.

--kC
I understand where you are coming from. I just think these mats offer a cleaner more factory look. My friend has Weather Tech mats in his 2016 Honda Civic. They looked alright. I see how the side walls serve there purpose. My only issue is that it seems they only cover half of the dead pedal. This is based on photos I seen online. The issue with that is that dirt and water will still go under the mat from resting your foot on the dead pedal. Also my dead pedal too nice to cover up. So yeah everyone will have their own opinion. One last point is the price for Weather Tech or Husky Liners is up there.
carcrazy85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 01:51 PM   #284
carcrazy85
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 465046
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Yonkers, NY
Vehicle:
2017 Impreza Sport
Crystal White Pearl

Default

Hey guys I just posted a In-depth tour of the 2017 Impreza Sport on YouTube. I hope this video is helpful for owners and people looking into the Impreza.
carcrazy85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 02:52 PM   #285
Harriska2
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 464377
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Corvallis, OR
Vehicle:
2017 Impreza 5 Dr

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC View Post
I think this is where Weathertech is better suited for my application than what you have, due to the raised edges forming a container for a slight spill and not allowing debris/dirt/grass to get into the edges and under the mat. That mat is just a protector for what's directly under, but you're going to be able to see dirt accumulate under around the edges with it.

--kC
I'd love to see pics of the WeatherTech if you get them in.
Harriska2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 05:38 PM   #286
DocDo
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 462114
Join Date: Jan 2017
Vehicle:
2017 Impreza Sport
Crystal White Pearl

Default

DocDo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 05:44 PM   #287
carcrazy85
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 465046
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Yonkers, NY
Vehicle:
2017 Impreza Sport
Crystal White Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocDo View Post
If your Subaru is affected you will get a letter in the mail. Its a simple fix by re-flashing the ecu. Another recall is related to the back up camera display. Again you will get a letter if your car is on the recall list.
carcrazy85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 02:18 PM   #288
breakaway01
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 463037
Join Date: Feb 2017
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impreza2121 View Post
Radar cruise control (only) bumps in 5mph jumps, but you can set it anywhere, to the MPH, originally.
If you hold the selector up or down then you can change the speed by 1 mph increments. If you just tap it up or down then it jumps by 5 mph. I have the Limited with Eyesight.
breakaway01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 03:41 PM   #289
rossia
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 466316
Join Date: Apr 2017
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by angglev View Post
The models start with 2.0i, 2.0i Premium, 2.0i Sport, then 2.0i Limited.

The difference between 2.0i and Premium are minimal...black versus body color, heated seats, number of speakers, hubcaps versus rims, etc.
Heated seats are big differences in cold areas
rossia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 12:36 AM   #290
littledrummerboy
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 94408
Join Date: Aug 2005
Chapter/Region: E. Canada
Location: Canada
Vehicle:
2017 STI Sport-Tech
2017 Impreza Touring

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rossia View Post
Heated seats are big differences in cold areas
For sure! Makes a big difference here in Canada. I wish the heated steering wheel was available in lower trims and not just the top Sport-Tech trim (I know the US doesn't even get it on any trim/option so we're special... for a change). I'm pissed that a '17 Impreza Sport-Tech gets a heated steering wheel, but my '17 STI Sport-Tech doesn't

About cruise control... my fam's Impreza touring with no eye sight (the US Premium basically) goes up amd by 1km/h so I guess it's different without eye sight
littledrummerboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 07:29 AM   #291
KC
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 442
Join Date: Oct 1999
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: RI/SE Mass
Vehicle:
17 OK Sport
00 S2000

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by carcrazy85 View Post
I understand where you are coming from. I just think these mats offer a cleaner more factory look. My friend has Weather Tech mats in his 2016 Honda Civic. They looked alright. I see how the side walls serve there purpose. My only issue is that it seems they only cover half of the dead pedal. This is based on photos I seen online. The issue with that is that dirt and water will still go under the mat from resting your foot on the dead pedal. Also my dead pedal too nice to cover up. So yeah everyone will have their own opinion. One last point is the price for Weather Tech or Husky Liners is up there.
There's a dead pedal in the hatch?

(You posted pics of the cover in the hatch, and that's the post I was responding/comparing to where the raised liners work more gooder in the hatch than what you posted above...)

--kC
KC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 07:30 AM   #292
KC
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 442
Join Date: Oct 1999
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: RI/SE Mass
Vehicle:
17 OK Sport
00 S2000

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harriska2 View Post
I'd love to see pics of the WeatherTech if you get them in.
I have one in my hatch already. Got it the week they became available. I'll take pics today.

--kC
KC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 08:20 AM   #293
Brew78
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 465505
Join Date: Apr 2017
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rossia View Post
Heated seats are big differences in cold areas
For me, it was also the heated side mirrors. Had that in my last car and don't want to be without it again. Being able to clearly see with all your mirrors in bad weather is kind of important.
Brew78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 12:46 AM   #294
Harriska2
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 464377
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Corvallis, OR
Vehicle:
2017 Impreza 5 Dr

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC View Post
I have one in my hatch already. Got it the week they became available. I'll take pics today.

--kC
That's odd. The website says they aren't available for the 2017 impreza in either All Weather model or the Floor Liner model. Are you sure you don't have the Husky Liners?
Harriska2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 07:16 AM   #295
carcrazy85
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 465046
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Yonkers, NY
Vehicle:
2017 Impreza Sport
Crystal White Pearl

Default

That's true. I was going to say something. I been on both sites from Weather Tech and Husky Liners. There are no floor mats from Weather Tech and only floor mats from Husky but still no cargo mat.

Edit. I had to double check the Weather Tech site. Looks like they do have the cargo mat available. But no official photos of that mat on their site.

Last edited by carcrazy85; 04-21-2017 at 07:22 AM.
carcrazy85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 08:47 AM   #296
Harriska2
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 464377
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Corvallis, OR
Vehicle:
2017 Impreza 5 Dr

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by carcrazy85 View Post
That's true. I was going to say something. I been on both sites from Weather Tech and Husky Liners. There are no floor mats from Weather Tech and only floor mats from Husky but still no cargo mat.

Edit. I had to double check the Weather Tech site. Looks like they do have the cargo mat available. But no official photos of that mat on their site.
My bad, I think KC was talking about the cargo liner, not floor mats for under feet.
Harriska2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 05:42 PM   #297
wrbluefozzy
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 343060
Join Date: Jan 2013
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harriska2 View Post
I don't know which Impreza you have but both I and my husband found it to increase/decrease by 1 mph. We have the stock hatchback.
We have the sports hatch with isight.
wrbluefozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 05:43 PM   #298
wrbluefozzy
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 343060
Join Date: Jan 2013
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by breakaway01 View Post
If you hold the selector up or down then you can change the speed by 1 mph increments. If you just tap it up or down then it jumps by 5 mph. I have the Limited with Eyesight.
I'll try this when I drive it next time, this is my wife's car but I get to drive it when we go places together. I like to use cruise when I can, she doesnt.
wrbluefozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 07:54 AM   #299
carcrazy85
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 465046
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Yonkers, NY
Vehicle:
2017 Impreza Sport
Crystal White Pearl

Default

I am really impressed on how Subaru made their splash guard. My Impreza just past the 800 mile mark. 50% of my driving has been in rain and I happen to drive through a huge puddle that started to flood the parkway. Even with that the engine is 99% clean.
carcrazy85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 09:30 AM   #300
wrbluefozzy
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 343060
Join Date: Jan 2013
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by breakaway01 View Post
If you hold the selector up or down then you can change the speed by 1 mph increments. If you just tap it up or down then it jumps by 5 mph. I have the Limited with Eyesight.
You are correct, I tried this over the weekend. You must hold the selector to increase it by 1,2 mph. Thanks!

wrbluefozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:21 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2017 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2017, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.