Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday June 24, 2021
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Proven Power Bragging

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.







* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2020, 11:47 AM   #1
PotatoFlakeSTi
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 273267
Join Date: Feb 2011
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Vehicle:
2011 STi / 98 LSTi

Default 2011 Blurple STi Garrett G30-900 .61AR

Event: Final Tune -
Location: MoFab in Parker, Colorado
Weather: Overcast
Ambient Temp: ~50F
Elevation: 5869 feet above sea level
Tuner: Nick at MoFab in Parker, Colorado
Dyno Info: Dynojet
Car: 2011 STI
Transmission: Stock 6 speed
Gear: 4th
Target Boost: 31.0psi

Target AFR: Unknown
Fuel: Pump E85, recorded at 83% Ethanol

Peak HP at RPM: 672.14whp @ ~6300 rpm
Peak Torque at RPM: 613.06wtq @ ~5200rpm


Baseline hp/tq for a stock on same dyno: ~260whp/280wtq

Graph shows before and after GSC S2 Cams and bowl porting on head... Brushless fuel pump is maxed at oem 13.8v





Engine/Power Modifications:
MoFab Super Low Rotated Kit (V-band up/down)
Garrett G30-900 .61AR + Turbo Blanket
Tial 38mm Wastegate
IAG Stage 2.5 Block
GSC Beehive Valvespring + Ti retainers
GSC S2 Camshafts.
ARP 625+ Headstuds
Mild Bowl Porting on head
Inconel Exhaust Valves

ETS 3.5" FMIC
Delicious Tuning Flex Fuel Mk. II
Delicious Tuning Stumble fix
KillerB Holy Header (V-Band)
iWire Speed Density
Cobb 3 port EBCS
Tomei Expreme Ti Cat back
IAG AOS
GetADomTune Cyl4 Cooling
KillerB Oilpan + Pickup + Windage Tray
Radium Fuel Rails + FPR + Fuel Lines
DW Brushless Fuel Pump (Hardwired)
DW1500CC Injectors
COBB Accessport V3

Driveline Modifications:
Perrin Pitch Stop
Competition Clutch Organic Twin Disc XClutch Sprung Ceramic Twin Disc
STi GroupN Motor/Trans Mounts
TiC Shifter Bushing Kit

Suspension Modifications:
Cygnus/Fortune Auto 500 Coilovers
Whiteline Swaybars
Whiteline Bumpsteer kit
Perrin 20mm Wheel Spacers

Wheels/Tires:
Sparco
Vredestein 235/45/17
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by PotatoFlakeSTi; 06-02-2021 at 02:43 PM. Reason: Adding the list of mods
PotatoFlakeSTi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Old 12-01-2020, 02:26 PM   #2
K3rm1tth3fr0g
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 508105
Join Date: Nov 2019
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Seattle, WA
Vehicle:
2002 Black WRX Wagon
VF39 + 4.44 5MT

Default

I bet this car is wacko when you get into full boost which seems to come on nice and quick. Lovely build.
K3rm1tth3fr0g is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020, 02:43 PM   #3
Dave D.
NASIOC Supporter
 
Member#: 130990
Join Date: Nov 2006
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Menzel Lake, WA
Vehicle:
06 Red Ltd.Wagon
Dom 1.5xtr JJ tuned

Default

I have an IAG Stage 2 block with a Dom 1.5 and a flex fuel build. Recently my heads flat wore out, and when I had the new heads I thought "what the heck" and installed some Kelford 199-b's along with stronger springs and valves.

With the stock cams it would just touch 355whp/370wtq (this is on a Mainline dyno where a new STI reads 200whp/tq) and then drop right off. What a difference with the cams: the car gets to 370/370 now and just holds all the way to the 7400rpm limit. I'm still getting used to shifting near redline, whereas before there was really no point in revving it past 6600rpm.

Additionally, it's making this increased powerband with a significant boost taper up top. The factory cams needed 24 psi boost the entire way, where the Kelfords start at 24 psi but only need 20psi up top. Way more efficient when the revs are up. You want 7800rpm? No problem!

Of course this is just an example; many would prefer a different brand of camshaft, but so far I'm happy with mine.

Last edited by Dave D.; 12-01-2020 at 02:52 PM.
Dave D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020, 09:02 PM   #4
CEEBEE
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 420458
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Australia
Vehicle:
07 WRX STI
Urban Grey

Default

Amazing the turbo can make power to almost 7000rpm with such a small rear housing! Shows an efficient turbine wheel design! Be interesting to see the results if you put cams in it
CEEBEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020, 10:19 PM   #5
PotatoFlakeSTi
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 273267
Join Date: Feb 2011
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Vehicle:
2011 STi / 98 LSTi

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEEBEE View Post
Amazing the turbo can make power to almost 7000rpm with such a small rear housing! Shows an efficient turbine wheel design! Be interesting to see the results if you put cams in it
Their new V-Band exhaust housings seem to flow really well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave D. View Post
I have an IAG Stage 2 block with a Dom 1.5 and a flex fuel build. Recently my heads flat wore out, and when I had the new heads I thought "what the heck" and installed some Kelford 199-b's along with stronger springs and valves.

With the stock cams it would just touch 355whp/370wtq (this is on a Mainline dyno where a new STI reads 200whp/tq) and then drop right off. What a difference with the cams: the car gets to 370/370 now and just holds all the way to the 7400rpm limit. I'm still getting used to shifting near redline, whereas before there was really no point in revving it past 6600rpm.

Additionally, it's making this increased powerband with a significant boost taper up top. The factory cams needed 24 psi boost the entire way, where the Kelfords start at 24 psi but only need 20psi up top. Way more efficient when the revs are up. You want 7800rpm? No problem!

Of course this is just an example; many would prefer a different brand of camshaft, but so far I'm happy with mine.
I ran the Dom 1.5XTR with this Flex Fuel set-up before the shaft exploded! Definitely a fun turbo, but I knew I wanted more.

Going back and forth between the S1's at .266 and S2's .272... But there's a whole lot more to it than that, most of which is beyond my understanding... I'll ask my tuner about Kelfords as well.
PotatoFlakeSTi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2020, 05:04 PM   #6
bigAle06
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 170306
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Florida
Default

Looks awesome man, excited to get mine done here soon. I have a similar setup with GSC S2s (272)s and a G30-900 w/.83ar. Should be getting dyno tuned here in January and can have some results for you as you make your decision.


-Alex
bigAle06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2020, 12:38 AM   #7
K3rm1tth3fr0g
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 508105
Join Date: Nov 2019
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Seattle, WA
Vehicle:
2002 Black WRX Wagon
VF39 + 4.44 5MT

Default

This kinda me want to consider a G series over an EFR..... Hmm.....
K3rm1tth3fr0g is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2020, 01:13 PM   #8
scoobyfast
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 338128
Join Date: Nov 2012
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: NJ
Vehicle:
2013 WRX
SBP

Default

Very nice, terrific power for a street car. Gotta love the power e85 has to offer.
Either set of cams will be a nice upgrade over stock, just have to decide how much you're willing to accept moving the curve to the right. More cam, more (potential) power, more lag.

Looks like you were at Bandimere, any time slips?
scoobyfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2020, 10:38 AM   #9
Chief_WRX
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 369934
Join Date: Oct 2013
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Gardner, Kansas
Vehicle:
2018 STI Limited
Heritage Blue

Default

That dyno chart looks unreal. Incredible power.
Chief_WRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2020, 02:32 PM   #10
PotatoFlakeSTi
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 273267
Join Date: Feb 2011
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Vehicle:
2011 STi / 98 LSTi

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobyfast View Post
Very nice, terrific power for a street car. Gotta love the power e85 has to offer.
Either set of cams will be a nice upgrade over stock, just have to decide how much you're willing to accept moving the curve to the right. More cam, more (potential) power, more lag.

Looks like you were at Bandimere, any time slips?
My last drag runs were with the Blouch Dominator 1.5XTR making closer to 450whp, not the Garrett G30-900 - the best I mustered was an 11.8 at 9000ft Density Altitude (hot and somewhat humid day at 5800ft).

60ft was around 1.68, on Goodyear Eagle F1 Assymetric 2 tires with about 35k miles on them.

Edit: 124mph

Last edited by PotatoFlakeSTi; 12-25-2020 at 02:58 PM. Reason: mph
PotatoFlakeSTi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2021, 12:03 PM   #11
pigboat_2
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 247823
Join Date: May 2010
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: Denver/ Eglin AFB
Vehicle:
2006 Fxt
RBP

Default

I'd like to see a dyno graph from Cryotune.
pigboat_2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 11:53 AM   #12
PotatoFlakeSTi
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 273267
Join Date: Feb 2011
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Vehicle:
2011 STi / 98 LSTi

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigboat_2 View Post
I'd like to see a dyno graph from Cryotune.
I imagine we'd be looking at a smidge under 550whp corrected on a 'typical' Mustang dyno... likely sub 500whp uncorrected (ie. ACTUAL power at this altitude).
PotatoFlakeSTi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 11:57 AM   #13
Waddlz
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 395275
Join Date: Jul 2014
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: Brighton, CO
Vehicle:
2012 STi
SWP

Default

wow thats a tiny hotside for our altitude.
Waddlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 12:07 PM   #14
PotatoFlakeSTi
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 273267
Join Date: Feb 2011
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Vehicle:
2011 STi / 98 LSTi

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waddlz View Post
wow thats a tiny hotside for our altitude.
We'll see how she flows at higher RPM with Cams... Might move to a .82AR but that'll really depend on how the curve looks.

Not building for Drag Racing in particular, so as long as it's still 'usable' power past 7000 (say 400wtq'ish) I'll be happy
PotatoFlakeSTi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 12:15 PM   #15
Waddlz
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 395275
Join Date: Jul 2014
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: Brighton, CO
Vehicle:
2012 STi
SWP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PotatoFlakeSTi View Post
We'll see how she flows at higher RPM with Cams... Might move to a .82AR but that'll really depend on how the curve looks.

Not building for Drag Racing in particular, so as long as it's still 'usable' power past 7000 (say 400wtq'ish) I'll be happy
Yeah that dyno graph looks really nice for street driving as well. I think I'd prefer the 1.01 with this size turbo, but you'd likely lose some spool.
Waddlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 06:17 PM   #16
pigboat_2
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 247823
Join Date: May 2010
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: Denver/ Eglin AFB
Vehicle:
2006 Fxt
RBP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PotatoFlakeSTi View Post
I imagine we'd be looking at a smidge under 550whp corrected on a 'typical' Mustang dyno... likely sub 500whp uncorrected (ie. ACTUAL power at this altitude).
Yeah but I have yet to see a car that makes X at Mofab, run over to Cryotune and make Y. His dyno won't match what you'd see at say SRM or 5250 Performance.

I should have done it myself but I decided to change up my setup before making my way over to Mofab.
pigboat_2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 05:27 PM   #17
Waddlz
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 395275
Join Date: Jul 2014
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: Brighton, CO
Vehicle:
2012 STi
SWP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigboat_2 View Post
Yeah but I have yet to see a car that makes X at Mofab, run over to Cryotune and make Y. His dyno won't match what you'd see at say SRM or 5250 Performance.

I should have done it myself but I decided to change up my setup before making my way over to Mofab.
5250s dyno hurts lol.

I got dyno tuned at Edge Autosport and its a dynomite dyno(which Alan says stock Sti's usualy baseline around 200 whp on these), and my car put down 461 whp 461 wtq at 29 psi on an EFR 7163. Curious what lulz mine would put down on a dynojet.
Waddlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 06:15 PM   #18
PotatoFlakeSTi
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 273267
Join Date: Feb 2011
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Vehicle:
2011 STi / 98 LSTi

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigboat_2 View Post
Yeah but I have yet to see a car that makes X at Mofab, run over to Cryotune and make Y. His dyno won't match what you'd see at say SRM or 5250 Performance.

I should have done it myself but I decided to change up my setup before making my way over to Mofab.
Right, well... if you want to pay for a baseline at Cryotune I'm game.
PotatoFlakeSTi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 06:30 PM   #19
Dave D.
NASIOC Supporter
 
Member#: 130990
Join Date: Nov 2006
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Menzel Lake, WA
Vehicle:
06 Red Ltd.Wagon
Dom 1.5xtr JJ tuned

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waddlz View Post
5250s dyno hurts lol.

I got dyno tuned at Edge Autosport and its a dynomite dyno(which Alan says stock Sti's usualy baseline around 200 whp on these), and my car put down 461 whp 461 wtq at 29 psi on an EFR 7163. Curious what lulz mine would put down on a dynojet.

Easy 5's.
Dave D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 11:33 PM   #20
silversurfer05
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 366241
Join Date: Aug 2013
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: broward county, Florida
Vehicle:
2009 09 wrx delivery
Dgm

Default

Id go .82 in a heartbeat. You wont lose much spool as you think, 250-500 rpms at most. And you'd make more power up top and hold it longer. Still looks insane boss, enjoy it!
silversurfer05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2021, 12:10 AM   #21
pigboat_2
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 247823
Join Date: May 2010
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: Denver/ Eglin AFB
Vehicle:
2006 Fxt
RBP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waddlz View Post
5250s dyno hurts lol.

I got dyno tuned at Edge Autosport and its a dynomite dyno(which Alan says stock Sti's usualy baseline around 200 whp on these), and my car put down 461 whp 461 wtq at 29 psi on an EFR 7163. Curious what lulz mine would put down on a dynojet.
Cryotune's dyno hurts! 5250 keeps adjusting their calibration so it hasn't been consistent for me, but it's been over 4 years since I've had a car on their dyno and it was new to Mike at the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PotatoFlakeSTi View Post
Right, well... if you want to pay for a baseline at Cryotune I'm game.
Nah, come do a baseline when I wrap up my new mods/retune and we'll compare! Should be March/April timeframe.
pigboat_2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 12:37 PM   #22
Waddlz
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 395275
Join Date: Jul 2014
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: Brighton, CO
Vehicle:
2012 STi
SWP

Default

[quote=pigboat_2;46495020]Cryotune's dyno hurts! 5250 keeps adjusting their calibration so it hasn't been consistent for me, but it's been over 4 years since I've had a car on their dyno and it was new to Mike at the time.

Yeah my old 60lb a min turbo put down 270/280 at 21 psi on 5250's dyno

I was like oof, time to sell haha
Waddlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 10:08 AM   #23
pigboat_2
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 247823
Join Date: May 2010
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: Denver/ Eglin AFB
Vehicle:
2006 Fxt
RBP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waddlz View Post
Yeah my old 60lb a min turbo put down 270/280 at 21 psi on 5250's dyno

I was like oof, time to sell haha
Was that on pump gas? If that's ethanol, then yikes...that hurts!

The green (61 lb/min) on my friend's STi at 20-21 psi on E85 at Cryotune made 365, but will take down pretty much anything that makes up to 430. Same w/my car, love it when people say their 30r makes 550 and they don't understand why they can't keep up haha. Numbers are all relative.
pigboat_2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 03:53 PM   #24
Waddlz
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 395275
Join Date: Jul 2014
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: Brighton, CO
Vehicle:
2012 STi
SWP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigboat_2 View Post
Was that on pump gas? If that's ethanol, then yikes...that hurts!

The green (61 lb/min) on my friend's STi at 20-21 psi on E85 at Cryotune made 365, but will take down pretty much anything that makes up to 430. Same w/my car, love it when people say their 30r makes 550 and they don't understand why they can't keep up haha. Numbers are all relative.
Agreed

Yes, it was pump gas 91
Waddlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2021, 01:33 PM   #25
unlimitedshrimps
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 472984
Join Date: Aug 2017
Default

What a gorgeous build... haven't seen that front bumper. Is it custom? Over the shelf?

Incredible work
unlimitedshrimps is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:18 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2021 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2019, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.