Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday August 16, 2018
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Reviews > Dealership Reviews

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 09-05-2009, 02:20 PM   #1
Vid_Maye
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (0)

Member#: 154197
Chapter/Region: South East
Vehicle:
2006 Impreza WRX
WR Pearl Blue

Default Negative Experience with AMG Motors, Dumfries VA

I bought an 06 WRX from AMG Motors in Dumfries, VA. I typed out a long, descriptive page of what went on and the numerous promises that were given (I had a friend with me to back up the claims) but I decided that no one would want to read that. So here is the short version:

All in all I found the car on Autotrader and after getting finiancing for it, I drove out to VA to get it (about a four hour drive). After looking at it and test driving it for a few minutes, I decided to buy it. It was after I bought it thar I had problems with the dealership. Promises were made that didn't get fullfilled which were:

1.) Alarm FOB would be mailed to me (at the time he only had the chipped key)

2.) Car would be filled with gas before driving it off the lot.

3.) Car would be detailed.

4.) Blue paint from Subaru would mailed to me (there were scratches on the back bumper that were pretty noticable. After some talking they agreed to get it fixed. When they couldn't get it done that day I told them they can just mail me the paint and I will get it fixed at a body shop in Raleigh)

5.) A new CD Player would be mailed to me (or a gift card for 100 bucks would suffice).

-Of these things, guess which ones they fulfilled? Just one. That was number 3, the detailing.

----

After numerous phone calls to the sales person (aptly named 'Abdul') and his manager (after the 15th call, I stopped counting) they still have yet to commit to what was promised, even though they assured me every time I called them that they we're 'getting it shipped out today'. All except for the alarm fob, to which they stated at first that it was in the mail then after the 3rd or 4th call they said it was so expensive to buy the fob that they can't send me one since I bought the car 'so low' it would dip into thier profit.

I found one online for less than 20 bucks.

The gas was never filled at which I didn't find out until 30 minutes after I left to go home (too busy reving that turbo). This is the point when I found out the CD player was broken as well.

After calling back in, I was promised the paint and CD player would be shipped to my house. Guess what? They never were. I gave up on trying to contact the owner, the manager, sending emails after about two months. I just sucked it up to they didn't want anything to do with me once they had that check. Surprise, right?

-----

A few things that I should have done to prevent this:

1.) Got every promise in writing. I know, I know, basic car buying 101. But I was blinded by how such an awesome car this was.

2.) Tested EVERYTHING that I could. The CD Player wasn't tested, so after I was on my way home I and the car was already bought I really didn't have any leverage in forcing them to get it replaced.

3.) Looked inside the wheel wells and fenders to see if there are any screws missing or look out of place. I know that the original front and rear bumpers were replaced (or added back on). Somebody tricked the car out before I bought it because it was missing a bunch of screws. I didn't find this out later until I started to do work on the car.

----

Don't get me wrong, I love my Subaru. It's just that I don't want my experience with this dealership to go unnoticed. I'll definitely know what to look for when I buy another Subaru (thanks to NASIOC)
Vid_Maye is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-30-2017, 05:14 PM   #2
AMGMotorsDUDS
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (0)

Member#: 475392
Angry AMG Motors - BEWARE!!!!!!

I had the exact same problem. Missing 2nd key. Was promised a check for $350. Check was in the mail, and in the mail, and in the mail. Weeks, months go by. Spoke to Ryan Prosser - "if the check does not clear by Monday I will reissue a new one". Texts, emails and calls - no new check. Called, Ryan Prosser calls me "a c***sucker and tells me he is not mailing a check, in fact he glad I never got the 1st one". Wrote to the General Manager to complain only to find out Ryan Prosser is the GM. This is almost funny. As in previous comments....get EVERYTHING in writing.....better yet....drive past and go somewhere else.
AMGMotorsDUDS is offline   Reply With Quote