Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Wednesday February 1, 2023
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > News & Rumors > Non-Subaru News & Rumors

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.







* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2022, 02:11 PM   #251
VarmintCong
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 379605
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Peabody, MA
Vehicle:
2017 Civic Sport
2012 Outback 2.5

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NighthawkSTI View Post
eh...this GR won't be any faster than an STI, especially on the street or 1/4 mile. 1. STI engine...open deck. GR engine open deck. 2. STI engine cast hypereutectic aluminum..GR engine cast hypereutectic aluminum. 3. STI engine 2.5 liters 310 horsepower. 290-300ft lbs of torque. GR engine 1.6 liter 300 horsepower, but only 275 ft lbs of torque. Also the turbo and exhaust manifold are cast as one piece in the GR....limiting turbo upgrade options. As we all know the countless STI turbos available are easy removable stock location bolt on upgrades.

Seems like the GR is going to carry a lot of the engine design baggage complaints that some had about the ej257 in addition to it being very small and lower on torque ...most notably no forged pistons and an open deck design. But the GR engine also has another bit of baggage..the cylinder liners are specd' very very thin and the cast pistons fit tight to reduce emissions when cold vs forged..again...the same reason the STI never got forged pistons, that many were disgruntled about in the ej257. Going to a GR doesn't solve any of that. in fact the cylinder liners are so thin the stock dimension pistons are the only pistons that can be used. If a cylinder wears, the entire block has to be replaced $$$$$;..it can't be bored. Any serious power bumps to this already completely maxed out block are going to cause serious stress on the piston to bore tolerance...The ej257 has many piston options available and entire long blocks with the Standard RA pistons are under $3000 factory new. So I find it ironic...no weird...that some are saying the GR is what the STI should have been...when its engine is just meh. I honestly think this GR is too late..should have come here 3 years ago.

For the same reasons the next Gen STI is going electric, the GR will soon as well. This will be a 2 year run...MAYBE 3 and if the GR is still being produced past 2025 it will have electric supplemetation, there will simply be no choice for Toyota. The electric STI will be back 2025/2026ish.

Its a nice car but only advantage over an STI is the weight in performance situations. GD Era STI's will no doubt be able to pull these GR corollas quite handily.

400 crank horsepower in an STI is as easy as an afternoon bolt on session and subsequent ECU flags, and relatively cheap now and plenty reliable and fun. Modding for another 100 crank HP in this already horsepwer fat per cubic Inch 1.6 GR sounds like it would induce meltdown in short order.

Nice fun little car.
that corolla..but the STI is still the mod king here. The STI's will also be impossible to buy cheap this summer. Collector status engaged and taking off...too the MOOON!!!!!!! $$$$$$$
Why are we even talking about Boobaru in this thread? It's not an ancient history class.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
VarmintCong is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Old 04-02-2022, 02:14 PM   #252
VarmintCong
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 379605
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Peabody, MA
Vehicle:
2017 Civic Sport
2012 Outback 2.5

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredzy View Post
Right, and from the little bit I could see of the core seats in YT videos. Looks a lot like the base vs. Premium GR86 seats. Base are fine, but the pleather/fauxcantata mix on the premium (CE in this case) is just good stuff.
I didn't see mention that the CE has different seats though, and they don't look very sporty - I'd expect more like Type R seats in the CE. But I'm ok with what I see.
VarmintCong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2022, 03:51 PM   #253
ProZach626
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 186084
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: St. Louis Metro East
Vehicle:
2018 STI
SWP

Default

Man, it seems like this car is going to be difficult to get, specifically the CE. That's the only model I'm interested in. I also can't understand why the Core doesn't come with any kind of wing. Everything from the rear wheels back just looks weird (to me) without it. In my personal opinion, it almost looks as bad as the WRX rear, with or without the plastic.

We'll see what the market holds for me in 2023.

GRC CE: Very hard to get. Still not sold on the rear half.
Twins: Too small for 3.
GTI: Cost cutting complaints/infotainment. FWD. Sound generator? NO
Golf R: ^ More of the same and I'm still not sold on any hatch. AWD, but described as non-engaging. The car is designed for the DSG, so the 6 speed leaves for an awkward driving experience. Sadly, this is that car I would have been interested the most, but 6mt or bust.
Muscle Cars: Trash visibility, and pedals are far apart. (I side-step instead of heel-toe. I know it's wrong, but I have wide awkward shaped feet...)
Civic Si: I don't like how it looks. It's down on power. The feel will be vastly different from my STI. Sound generator????? NOOO
Type-R: Hard to get. FWD. Still likely a little childish looking. SOUND GENERATOR!!!!!!
WRX: I hate hate hate hate hate hate hate myself for liking the way this car looks, now. I really like the interior, with the exception of no leather trimmed seats. Vanilla performance. (I really do like Subaru interiors, and their visibility, which is why we ordered a Forester, instead of a Rav 4.)

It's pathetic that the chances of me ending up with another WRX is high. I've been pimped out by Subaru, and my consumer weakness is strong. Would I take a GR CE over a WRX, or any other? Yeah... but it probably 'ain't gonna happen.' It's like I've been brainwashed. I keep craving excitement, but always settle with the boring girlfriend, because she's comfortable, and there are still things I like about her... but she'll never change. (hypothetical)

I miss the days when a company would release a car and you wouldn't have to fight over getting one. No one in my area had any STI's in 2015. So I ordered one. Simple as that. There wasn't any, "well, put your deposit in and you have a 1 in 10 shot over other buys of getting the model you want, and we may charge you dealer markup."

Can companies try to start giving a crap about meeting the demand of their consumers? I see a WRX, and occasionally an STI, every time I get on the road. It doesn't make them any less special to the people who want them. You know how many Mustangs people buy in my area????? They're freaking everywhere. I mean hell, it was a lot easier to obtain a Shelby. You may have had to pay markup for one, but you can STILL order one. It wasn't the dream that would never come true.

I wish the car companies would stop dangling the carrot in front of us. At least Subarus, including the S209, were a lot easier to get a hold of. Even if I saw 100 2023 STI's in my neighborhood, I'd still buy one. I don't give a **** about being 'unique,' nor does the mass consumer. (Mustang buyers) Just give me a chance to buy the car I want.

And all these people throwing money down... Where the hell is everyone coming up with the cash????? We live below our means and have higher than average disposable income, but it's like there's this infinite pool of cash people never had. A vacation is twice as expensive as it was a year or so ago, and you have to fight to find a place available. Houses are up 25%, but you have to get into a bidding war at the front door, the first day of an open house, in order to buy one. Yet, EVERYTHING is more expensive and I feel like we're the only ones cutting back.

The national average for credit card debt is up 15%. Consumer goods keep rising. Food is up... Gas is out of control. AND EVERYONE IS DEFAULTING ON THEIR STUDENT LOANS!!!! (Brilliant idea. Apparently they'll let anyone graduate college.) I know someone who just bought a $350,000 house (Midwest) and I have no idea how they afford it on their income and existing debt.

People are begging for another recession. Meanwhile, I'm just waiting for the housing bubble to burst to drive the housing market down, and the ability to go into a dealership with cash-in-hand and order the car I want. I get the chip shortage, the chip shortage, the chip shortage... but damn it's getting frustrating.

Anyway....
ProZach626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2022, 05:54 PM   #254
NighthawkSTI
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 495630
Join Date: Dec 2018
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VarmintCong View Post
Why are we even talking about Boobaru in this thread? It's not an ancient history class.


The inference from some in this thread is that the CORROLLA? lol...is the car the STI should be. These are the same people who said the STI looks like a corrolla when this current Gen was released in 2015...if you had told them back then that in the future there will come a day when a CORROLLA with a small 3 cylinder engine in a goofy bloated abarth looking body style still only making 300 horsepower and less torque would end up being what they aspire the STI to be they'd give you a slap worthy of alopecia raged will smith.

Meanwhile while people wait for this CORROLLA, the STI's have shot up in demand and prices shooting up as enthusiasts realize that it is an instant collector car and last of the all ice STI lineage. The STI's are the mod kings, new parts are always coming out to build the EJ into a bullet proof monster. Thats NOW!!!
NighthawkSTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2022, 06:40 PM   #255
Straight6
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 419593
Join Date: Apr 2015
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProZach626 View Post
Man, it seems like this car is going to be difficult to get, specifically the CE. That's the only model I'm interested in. I also can't understand why the Core doesn't come with any kind of wing. Everything from the rear wheels back just looks weird (to me) without it. In my personal opinion, it almost looks as bad as the WRX rear, with or without the plastic.

We'll see what the market holds for me in 2023.

GRC CE: Very hard to get. Still not sold on the rear half.
Twins: Too small for 3.
GTI: Cost cutting complaints/infotainment. FWD. Sound generator? NO
Golf R: ^ More of the same and I'm still not sold on any hatch. AWD, but described as non-engaging. The car is designed for the DSG, so the 6 speed leaves for an awkward driving experience. Sadly, this is that car I would have been interested the most, but 6mt or bust.
Muscle Cars: Trash visibility, and pedals are far apart. (I side-step instead of heel-toe. I know it's wrong, but I have wide awkward shaped feet...)
Civic Si: I don't like how it looks. It's down on power. The feel will be vastly different from my STI. Sound generator????? NOOO
Type-R: Hard to get. FWD. Still likely a little childish looking. SOUND GENERATOR!!!!!!
WRX: I hate hate hate hate hate hate hate myself for liking the way this car looks, now. I really like the interior, with the exception of no leather trimmed seats. Vanilla performance. (I really do like Subaru interiors, and their visibility, which is why we ordered a Forester, instead of a Rav 4.)

It's pathetic that the chances of me ending up with another WRX is high. I've been pimped out by Subaru, and my consumer weakness is strong. Would I take a GR CE over a WRX, or any other? Yeah... but it probably 'ain't gonna happen.' It's like I've been brainwashed. I keep craving excitement, but always settle with the boring girlfriend, because she's comfortable, and there are still things I like about her... but she'll never change. (hypothetical)

I miss the days when a company would release a car and you wouldn't have to fight over getting one. No one in my area had any STI's in 2015. So I ordered one. Simple as that. There wasn't any, "well, put your deposit in and you have a 1 in 10 shot over other buys of getting the model you want, and we may charge you dealer markup."

Can companies try to start giving a crap about meeting the demand of their consumers? I see a WRX, and occasionally an STI, every time I get on the road. It doesn't make them any less special to the people who want them. You know how many Mustangs people buy in my area????? They're freaking everywhere. I mean hell, it was a lot easier to obtain a Shelby. You may have had to pay markup for one, but you can STILL order one. It wasn't the dream that would never come true.

I wish the car companies would stop dangling the carrot in front of us. At least Subarus, including the S209, were a lot easier to get a hold of. Even if I saw 100 2023 STI's in my neighborhood, I'd still buy one. I don't give a **** about being 'unique,' nor does the mass consumer. (Mustang buyers) Just give me a chance to buy the car I want.

And all these people throwing money down... Where the hell is everyone coming up with the cash????? We live below our means and have higher than average disposable income, but it's like there's this infinite pool of cash people never had. A vacation is twice as expensive as it was a year or so ago, and you have to fight to find a place available. Houses are up 25%, but you have to get into a bidding war at the front door, the first day of an open house, in order to buy one. Yet, EVERYTHING is more expensive and I feel like we're the only ones cutting back.

The national average for credit card debt is up 15%. Consumer goods keep rising. Food is up... Gas is out of control. AND EVERYONE IS DEFAULTING ON THEIR STUDENT LOANS!!!! (Brilliant idea. Apparently they'll let anyone graduate college.) I know someone who just bought a $350,000 house (Midwest) and I have no idea how they afford it on their income and existing debt.

People are begging for another recession. Meanwhile, I'm just waiting for the housing bubble to burst to drive the housing market down, and the ability to go into a dealership with cash-in-hand and order the car I want. I get the chip shortage, the chip shortage, the chip shortage... but damn it's getting frustrating.

Anyway....
You can turn the soundaktor off in the GTI, not a big deal. I too need the room so sedan takes the preference. If I had to buy today it would be between the WRX/GLI and Elantra N...Maybe, just maybe a GTI IF I could find a S trim but they are non-existent here...Nothing but 40 grand AB trims. What a terrible time to get a new car. WRX just ticks all the boxes, because yes VW's long gearing is a buzz kill, DSG is the way to go. I am intrigued by the Elantra N but again they are selling for close to 40 grand...F that lol.
Straight6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2022, 06:50 PM   #256
Doobie Scoo
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 116123
Join Date: May 2006
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Seattle
Vehicle:
93 MR2 T
Blue metallic

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NighthawkSTI View Post
The inference from some in this thread is that the CORROLLA? lol...is the car the STI should be. These are the same people who said the STI looks like a corrolla when this current Gen was released in 2015...if you had told them back then that in the future there will come a day when a CORROLLA with a small 3 cylinder engine in a goofy bloated abarth looking body style still only making 300 horsepower and less torque would end up being what they aspire the STI to be they'd give you a slap worthy of alopecia raged will smith.

Meanwhile while people wait for this CORROLLA, the STI's have shot up in demand and prices shooting up as enthusiasts realize that it is an instant collector car and last of the all ice STI lineage. The STI's are the mod kings, new parts are always coming out to build the EJ into a bullet proof monster. Thats NOW!!!
But how does the Corrolla existing change the fact that the STi is a horrendously ugly, retarded understeering fat pig, with a lousy engine and drive train that's 25 years out of date, and a high number of reliability issues?

We didn't even get any of the "good" ones with the 2 liter.
Doobie Scoo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2022, 07:14 PM   #257
Larrygto
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 300467
Join Date: Nov 2011
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Location: AZ
Vehicle:
2015 WRX
CWP

Default

I think the real question here is, Is it grounded to the ground?
Since it's a Toyota lol
Larrygto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2022, 08:05 PM   #258
NighthawkSTI
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 495630
Join Date: Dec 2018
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doobie Scoo View Post
But how does the Corrolla existing change the fact that the STi is a horrendously ugly, retarded understeering fat pig, with a lousy engine and drive train that's 25 years out of date, and a high number of reliability issues?

We didn't even get any of the "good" ones with the 2 liter.
I think the vast majority of enthusiasts wouldnt say the STI is not a good looking car let alone ugly. This CORROLLA is ok looking yet goofy bloated arbarth looking. The current Gen STI Its a great handling car. The EJ now has the 2018 RA pistons standard...people are building them to 500 horsepower. Id say the STI has above average reliability and safety especially for a sports car. It has a VERY VEERY stout drivetrain. Its a collector level car now for those reasons. A 1.6 litre corrolla??? OMG !!! lol. Its going tonsound like a friggn leaf blower lmao. No thanks.
NighthawkSTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2022, 08:44 PM   #259
samagon
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 26859
Join Date: Oct 2002
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: undisputed COMBAT! champion
Vehicle:
of TXIC
I also like (oYo)!!!!

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pre View Post
VAG has announced the next GTI and R will be a crossover.
No. The golf is dead. What they said is that the gti and r will no longer have the golf prefix.
samagon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2022, 08:50 PM   #260
Skunkers
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 115480
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Clearwater, FL
Vehicle:
2014 Mazda3 sGT
Soul Red

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VarmintCong View Post
Why are we even talking about Boobaru in this thread? It's not an ancient history class.
Insecurity. He can't take any perceived slight to the STI; even when it's gone and said slight won't even directly compete with it. Nope! It must be better and far, far more rational to bring up the STI and try and warp the narrative to this somehow competing with expensive 15 year old cars in terms of modding. You see it's just logical that nothing can ever compete with an STI.

Last edited by Skunkers; 04-02-2022 at 09:03 PM.
Skunkers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2022, 09:01 PM   #261
NighthawkSTI
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 495630
Join Date: Dec 2018
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skunkers View Post
Insecurity. He can't take any perceived slight to the STI; even when it's gone and said slight won't even directly compete with it. Nope! It must be better and far, far more rational to bring up the STI when nobody was talking about it and try and warp the narrative to this somehow competing with expensive 15 year old cars in terms of modding. You see it's just logical that nothing can ever compete with an STI.
EVERY review of this Yaris mentions the STI as a benchmark to compare it dummy. This Yarris is a kiddie car. That engine is going to be a ticking time bomb lol, especially when hamfisted knuckleheads like those in the derpsquad get a hold if one and pretend it doesn't have cast pistons. These are going to be blown up in spades such is why it will only last 3'years tops. This will meet the same fate the focus RS did.
NighthawkSTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2022, 09:21 PM   #262
Pre
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 139693
Join Date: Feb 2007
Vehicle:
Dura ngo 95
horrorshow

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProZach626 View Post
Man, it seems like this car is going to be difficult to get, specifically the CE. That's the only model I'm interested in. I also can't understand why the Core doesn't come with any kind of wing. Everything from the rear wheels back just looks weird (to me) without it. In my personal opinion, it almost looks as bad as the WRX rear, with or without the plastic.
You are just now realizing itís going to be difficult go get?
This isnít Burger King where you can have it your way man. Wings will be made by someone. Youíll probably be able to buy the CE wing from Toyota for rape pricing. If not, aftermarket will solve it. Do you have issues modifying your car or something? Geez. Iíve had my money in for almost a month and technically should be able to acquire a CE but I know also it just may not happen and guess what? Iíll just deal with it. Get a loaded up core, or I can always wait for the other special editions they are told us they are going to make.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProZach626 View Post
I miss the days when a company would release a car and you wouldn't have to fight over getting one. No one in my area had any STI's in 2015. So I ordered one. Simple as that. There wasn't any, "well, put your deposit in and you have a 1 in 10 shot over other buys of getting the model you want, and we may charge you dealer markup."
Reaks of entitlement. Youíve got an entitlement issue here and think everything should be easy/simple for you. Sorry, the world just doesnít work that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProZach626 View Post
Can companies try to start giving a crap about meeting the demand of their consumers? I see a WRX, and occasionally an STI, every time I get on the road. It doesn't make them any less special to the people who want them. You know how many Mustangs people buy in my area????? They're freaking everywhere. I mean hell, it was a lot easier to obtain a Shelby. You may have had to pay markup for one, but you can STILL order one. It wasn't the dream that would never come true.
You are so far up Subaruís butt, you fail to grasp some important details as it pertains to this car. One, information has been out there for quite a while if you could be bothered to invest the time. You were just so far up Boobaruís ass you couldnít see the light. Perhaps take it as a learning lesson to quit sniffing the crotch of any automobile mfr. They are not your friends, your family, they are a corporation whose only purpose is to make money. That company no longer cares about enthusiasts. And they havenít given two shats about their hatch folk in 8 years. The writing has been very visible on that wall as well. You were just got damn fan boi blind.

Motomachi is where this car will be produced. Same factory as the GR Yaris. There is a 2 year waiting list for the GR Yaris right now in Europe. Motomachi can only produce so many cars as there is way more human assembling than say a Camry. We will be lucky to get 6000 GRCís per year delivered. And given we are still in a chip shortage with supply constraints, and most automobile mfrís have switched models to supply. Basically they are going to throttle production on purpose to keep their dealers numbers up. Then you have the STI cancelled, and now VAG has publicly stated this is the last Golf R. ICE 6MT are going away and the writing has been on the wall for years. None of this situation should be shocking or surprising at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProZach626 View Post
I wish the car companies would stop dangling the carrot in front of us. At least Subarus, including the S209, were a lot easier to get a hold of. Even if I saw 100 2023 STI's in my neighborhood, I'd still buy one. I don't give a **** about being 'unique,' nor does the mass consumer. (Mustang buyers) Just give me a chance to buy the car I want.
Well thatís you man. You arenít everybody. Unique is something sorely missed by many. Just because you like McSame, doesnít mean others have to like it. Lord knows this country in general could use more unique. Everything is literally getting mainstreamed to death. Iíd call it mainlining itís so bad. You are just whining things arenít your way like a baby throwing all their toys outta their crib

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProZach626 View Post
And all these people throwing money down... Where the hell is everyone coming up with the cash????? We live below our means and have higher than average disposable income, but it's like there's this infinite pool of cash people never had. A vacation is twice as expensive as it was a year or so ago, and you have to fight to find a place available. Houses are up 25%, but you have to get into a bidding war at the front door, the first day of an open house, in order to buy one. Yet, EVERYTHING is more expensive and I feel like we're the only ones cutting back.
Thatís your problem, your feelings. I want things the way I want them and when they arenít Iím gonna cry about it. Throwing down cash? I cannot speak for others, but I have done something, and I donít know if you have ever heard of it, called SAVING MONEY. Once anything I want to purchase goes above a few hundred bucks I PLAN for the purchase in advance and put money away for it. You didnít plan for this, you didnít put money away, you didnít keep up with all the information available to you and youíre upset? Youíre being a Randy at this point. Iíve been building my current fleet for 12 years now. Had to really give up a lot too, made a lot of personal sacrifices for it. But it was worth it.

Vacations, is this the thread for that? More entitlement. I go on vacation 1-2 times per year and have done so all through the pandemic. The only thing Iíve paid more money for than usual is a rental car. But I go to the same place every time I vacation, and I have people there. So it hasnít been a big deal. I had planned trips and due to Covid I had to put them off to a later time due to restrictions. Then later had to get the thing jammed up my nose to pre-qualify to even go. Then in February when I went I had to go online and show my papers. Just more hoops to jump through. It really sounds like you have never had to deal with anything hardcore in your life. Iíve listened and read of this whining for years now at this point. I tell my people to quit whining. You got a job? Got income coming in? Roof over your head? Gas in the vehicle(s)? Got food in the fridge? And most importantly, are your people healthy and alive? Then quit fíing complaining Randy and Karen, shut your mouth. Some of us have had to deal with death during this time. Watch our loved ones going on a ventilator, canít see them, tell them you love them, say goodbye, then they die. Then have to deal with all that, all through this. Speaking first at the Eulogy was certainly nothing I ever wanted to have to do, but itís life. Itís never going to go just the way you want it. Itís going to punch, and you have to counter punch. Or just take the hit as best as you can, and move on, because you have no choice other than to move on.

Housing, yeah Iíll give you that one. My house has rocketed in price and Iím in one of the fastest appreciating zip codes there is here. Iím getting that new tax bill every year and itís painful. Pretty soon, my tax bill will be higher than my mortgage, and at that point Iím leaving, moving, out of state. Even homeowners insurance went up a full $1k this year due to the freeze last year. I donít like it, but there is nothing I can do about it but counter punch. My area, Californians have all moved here, traffic is a literal nightmare and housing is all Fíd up. These colonizers have ruined my city, my state, but nothing I can do but move on at some point. I do feel a mass amount of empathy for that younger couple trying to attain their first house/mortgage. Iíve got people at work that I care about that just gave up. The choice was either to overpay and radically adjust their lifestyle because that mortgage payment would own them, or move over an hour away from the job, and thatís an hour non-rush hour. They said F it, and continue to lease an apt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProZach626 View Post
The national average for credit card debt is up 15%. Consumer goods keep rising. Food is up... Gas is out of control. AND EVERYONE IS DEFAULTING ON THEIR STUDENT LOANS!!!! (Brilliant idea. Apparently they'll let anyone graduate college.) I know someone who just bought a $350,000 house (Midwest) and I have no idea how they afford it on their income and existing debt.

People are begging for another recession. Meanwhile, I'm just waiting for the housing bubble to burst to drive the housing market down, and the ability to go into a dealership with cash-in-hand and order the car I want. I get the chip shortage, the chip shortage, the chip shortage... but damn it's getting frustrating.

Anyway....
More entitlement on full display. Buck up Buttercup. Everyone is in the same mess. Control what you can control. The things you cannot, LET GO.
Pre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2022, 09:23 PM   #263
godfather2112
Papi Chulo
Moderator
 
Member#: 53794
Join Date: Jan 2004
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: Boner kill city
Vehicle:
... 2017 BMW M2
2017 F-150

Default

Oh great. The inevitable cancer permeated itís way into this thread.
godfather2112 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2022, 09:25 PM   #264
Pre
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 139693
Join Date: Feb 2007
Vehicle:
Dura ngo 95
horrorshow

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by samagon View Post
No. The golf is dead. What they said is that the gti and r will no longer have the golf prefix.
To me both are dead after this current gen. There will not be another 100% ICE R.
Pre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2022, 09:25 PM   #265
Benhart21
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 149617
Join Date: May 2007
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: Boulder-ish
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by godfather2112 View Post
Oh great. The inevitable cancer permeated itís way into this thread.
I'd almost rather have an OT thread about it where none of these names are familiar. They can jerk off about the STi in here.
Benhart21 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2022, 09:26 PM   #266
NighthawkSTI
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 495630
Join Date: Dec 2018
Default

Have fun at your? CORROLLA? MEETs? OMG!!! The Humanity in here.
NighthawkSTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2022, 09:27 PM   #267
Pre
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 139693
Join Date: Feb 2007
Vehicle:
Dura ngo 95
horrorshow

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skunkers View Post
Insecurity. He can't take any perceived slight to the STI; even when it's gone and said slight won't even directly compete with it. Nope! It must be better and far, far more rational to bring up the STI and try and warp the narrative to this somehow competing with expensive 15 year old cars in terms of modding. You see it's just logical that nothing can ever compete with an STI.
Correct. And he's an absolute f'in idiot as it pertains to other manus. He doesn't have a clue that the G16 has been making killer numbers. The bottom end is stout and it took them hitting 511 whp to figure out they need a stronger head studs and higher tensile strength HG. That's a pretty potent WRC derived motor.

And he's an idiot as it pertains to the RS as well. Mk1, Mk2, Mk3, all of them, made for 2 production years. The RS is always made at the end of a Focus platform run, 2 years, then it's gone until the next version. So always gaps to production of it. He's railed on and bitched about the RS because it threatened the STi big time. Was way more fun to drive, may more engaging, and I owned a RS and a STi. I would hands down take the RS all day. And guess what, neither are made anymore. The RS is dead, but so is the STi. Got damn deal with it.

Y'all should just stop quoting the idiot. He's in this thread, or any non Boobaru thread just to start problems. Jealousy is a real bitch for him.

Last edited by Pre; 04-02-2022 at 09:34 PM.
Pre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2022, 09:33 PM   #268
NighthawkSTI
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 495630
Join Date: Dec 2018
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benhart21 View Post
I'd almost rather have an OT thread about it where none of these names are familiar. They can jerk off about the STi in here.
STILL 300 horsepower and less torque than the STI's.

Wake up people, this corrolla wont be the level of car the STI is.

Last edited by NighthawkSTI; 04-06-2022 at 07:36 PM.
NighthawkSTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2022, 09:48 PM   #269
Kostamojen
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 2272
Join Date: Sep 2000
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: Fire Caves
Vehicle:
2019 Macan 4cyl
1993 Impreza FWD WRX swap

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by godfather2112 View Post
Oh great. The inevitable cancer permeated itís way into this thread.
Do something about it. Rule #15 exists for a reason.
Kostamojen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2022, 09:59 PM   #270
Skunkers
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 115480
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Clearwater, FL
Vehicle:
2014 Mazda3 sGT
Soul Red

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NighthawkSTI View Post
EVERY review of this Yaris mentions the STI as a benchmark to compare it dummy. This Yarris is a kiddie car. That engine is going to be a ticking time bomb lol, especially when hamfisted knuckleheads like those in the derpsquad get a hold if one and pretend it doesn't have cast pistons. These are going to be blown up in spades such is why it will only last 3'years tops. This will meet the same fate the focus RS did.
Thanks for proving my point about insecurity. And nah, the motor is already proving to be extremely stout in the hands of Yaris tuners, even this early in tuning development. The Focus ran for two years like it always does.
Skunkers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2022, 09:59 PM   #271
samagon
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 26859
Join Date: Oct 2002
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: undisputed COMBAT! champion
Vehicle:
of TXIC
I also like (oYo)!!!!

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pre View Post
To me both are dead after this current gen. There will not be another 100% ICE R.
that's probably very true.
samagon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2022, 10:02 PM   #272
Benhart21
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 149617
Join Date: May 2007
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: Boulder-ish
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NighthawkSTI View Post
yes and you can pull each others peckers at your pecker head CORROLLA meets(all 5 of you) with the same ancient 300"horsepower(and 25ft lbs less torque) no less that the hypocrites say is outdated....but a cast piston open deck ticking time bomb 1.6 litre is somehow better. 300 is 2004 STI. You do realize this super dee duper CORROLLA , that some in here are unbelievably saying is what the STI should.have been? Is STILL 300 horsepower and less torque. WOW!!!

Wake TF up people.
What the hell are you even on about?
Benhart21 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2022, 11:06 PM   #273
samagon
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 26859
Join Date: Oct 2002
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: undisputed COMBAT! champion
Vehicle:
of TXIC
I also like (oYo)!!!!

Default

he likes spelling Corolla with an extra R, it's the pirate in him.
samagon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2022, 11:09 PM   #274
chanomatik
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 159474
Join Date: Sep 2007
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Northbridge, MA
Vehicle:
2017 Impreza Sport
Lithium Red - OLDKID

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by samagon View Post
he likes spelling Corolla with an extra R, it's the pirate in him.
chanomatik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2022, 12:12 AM   #275
murrdogg24
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 50586
Join Date: Dec 2003
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: Chiraq
Vehicle:
64 Impala

Default

IBTL. haha
murrdogg24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:27 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2023 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2019, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.