Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Tuesday December 12, 2017
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Car Audio, Video & Security

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 05-31-2017, 06:42 PM   #776
Rafaelsoares123
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 459508

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafaelsoares123 View Post
i hope someone can help me.... been researching for a while now and got nothing

bought the car used which was supposed to have a starter, but dealers removed it because "it wouldnt be covered in warranty due to being aftermarket"

at first i ofcourse assumed it was the batteries, nope.

I tried bringing it to subaru to see if having the fobs could be programmed would fix it, their computers wouldnt accept the code.

I got two fobs, and im certain they belong to this car

I believe something may have been unplugged/ snipped in the process of removing the starter, does anyone have knowledge of the wiring set up?

I tried doing the manual programming everything communicated correctly but the fobs never worked, horns go off when i unlocked using the key, when i lock the car with driverside lock button i hear the lock chirp. everything seems to be working but i cant seem to figure out whats unplugged. I did notice a couple cables disconnected, but they are different colors i dont think they belong together where is the keyless module located? i was thinking maybe someone accidently ripped it out, but wouldnt that mean the car wouldnt have any means of security?(locking, unlocking, horn going off upon incorrectly opening doors, lock chirp)

Thanks to anyone in advance that could help

feel free to text me if you think you got this figured out 401-297-8841

Rafaelsoares123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-01-2017, 10:05 AM   #777
Charlie-III
NASIOC Supporter

Member#: 30669
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
1998 Legacy 2.5GT
Silver Sleeper BK, 5MT

For a 2001 RS USDM and factory alarm, the little red light/pushbutton on the dash, if it's broken (red lens falls out) is that an issue for the system?
I'm guessing it makes it a PITA programming remotes, going into valet mode, etc.

Should the system still work though?

It's a customer car, remote quit working but I think it is due to them getting a new car battery and losing programming. I can't get into programming mode though.

BTW, what fuses feed the remote and alarm? My documents don't show them.

Last edited by Charlie-III; 08-01-2017 at 12:55 PM.
Charlie-III is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 12:34 AM   #778
dkempner
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 462832

I have a 2016 WRX with keyless entry but no push to start. I bought replacement keys from Amazon. Are these able to be programmed without visiting the dealer? Will a car locksmith be able to program them more cheaply?
dkempner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 12:27 PM   #779
Charlie-III
NASIOC Supporter

Vehicle:
1998 Legacy 2.5GT
Silver Sleeper BK, 5MT

OK, for the older factory alarm, made by Code Alarm, all black rectangular remote used on...
Impreza, 96-01 (I think dependent on build date, may be an Alpine if late)
Legacy, 95-99
Forester, 98-00

The FCC code is, GOH-M24.
Uses a small 12volt battery, about 1/2 the length of a AAA.
Programming remotes can be found here....about 2/3's of the way down...http://www.cars101.com/subaru/keyles...gram%20remotes
The remote receiver for this system is under the drivers side of the dash, just above the interior fusebox. If you pull the coin holder out (covering the interior fuse box) you can "sorta see" the receiver. Yes, it's a PITA to get to, but unlike later models (receiver seems to be under the center console) it's not too bad.
I searched this thread, looks like few have questions on this series programming.

PS, trying out the linked FOB programming on a 01 Impreza RS, the method in the first post didn't work, thus my comment on build date.
I will update this post if the linked method works on the 01 RS.

Follow up, the method I linked in this post worked on the 01 RS. Yay!

Last edited by Charlie-III; 11-22-2017 at 10:52 AM.
Old 09-29-2017, 03:34 PM   #780
Namyjay
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 475328
Default Help

So, i have a 2008 Impreza. Up until about 3 weeks ago, the factory remotes worked fine. Then they intermittently stopped working to lock and unock the doors, etc. and so i thought maybe its the battery. changed the battery and it was not it.
Now, I had wanted remote start anyway, so i thought upgrading to that would override whatever issues i was having with the remotes and kill two birds.

I get the remote installed and its working fine at the place. Get home, and same issues as before with the new remote.

Its not all the time. It seems to work after I drive the car. But after its been sitting for a while, like in my driveway over night, it wont open in the morning.

So i paid all this money for remote start hoping that it was fix the beginning issue but now neither are right.

Ideas of what it is please???? though it seems random, I cant help but notice it happens only at my house....

So weird.
Namyjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 10:54 AM   #781
Charlie-III
NASIOC Supporter

Vehicle:
1998 Legacy 2.5GT
Silver Sleeper BK, 5MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namyjay View Post
So, i have a 2008 Impreza. Up until about 3 weeks ago, the factory remotes worked fine. Then they intermittently stopped working to lock and unock the doors, etc. and so i thought maybe its the battery. changed the battery and it was not it.
Now, I had wanted remote start anyway, so i thought upgrading to that would override whatever issues i was having with the remotes and kill two birds.

I get the remote installed and its working fine at the place. Get home, and same issues as before with the new remote.

Its not all the time. It seems to work after I drive the car. But after its been sitting for a while, like in my driveway over night, it wont open in the morning.

So i paid all this money for remote start hoping that it was fix the beginning issue but now neither are right.

Ideas of what it is please???? though it seems random, I cant help but notice it happens only at my house....

So weird.
Maybe a ground is poor or your main car battery is getting weak. If you can, leave the car on a trickle charger overnight and try the remote in the morning.