Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Sunday March 7, 2021
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Factory 2.0L Turbo Powertrain (EJ Series Factory 2.0L Turbo)

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 01-02-2021, 10:04 PM   #1
FDwrx97
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 521387
Default 2004 WRX fuel issue

Hi everyone I could really use some advice here. I bought a 2004 Subaru wrx with a stage 2 tune that was partially gutted and used as a track car. I bought it at 102,000 miles and now Iím at 150,000 miles. Iíve had some problems along the way but nothing major.
Recently my car has been sounding odd when I drive it, kinda like itís congested or something, and then itíll randomly sound like itís supposed to like once or twice a month. I have an invidia exhaust I think. Anyways, due to it running weird I figured it was a fuel issue..... few months down the road and now the car isnít running. I was told it was definitely the fuel pump because at first the car just didnít want to stay running when I started it so I had to give it gas to keep the rpms high until I was actually driving. But when I was driving it was ok. Now today when I went to switch out the fuel pump itís not even priming. I tried both the new and the old pump and both turn when hooked directly to power, the harness that plugs into the pump has power when I turn the ignition. But when I put it all together no fuel gets to the motor because the pump isnít pumping. I was told it could be the controller or the relay but Iím clueless here and could really use some help.

Iím sorry for the novel here but Iím just trying to give all of the background information before I got to this point.
FDwrx97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-02-2021, 10:49 PM   #2
Gucciflipflops
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 521349
Chapter/Region: South East
Vehicle:
2005 Impreza WRX

How many volts were you getting at the harness into the fuel pump?
Gucciflipflops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2021, 06:19 AM   #3
FDwrx97
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 521387

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gucciflipflops View Post
How many volts were you getting at the harness into the fuel pump?
8.8 volts if I remember correctly
FDwrx97 is offline   Reply With Quote