Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Saturday March 6, 2021
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Factory 2.0L Turbo Powertrain (EJ Series Factory 2.0L Turbo)

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.







* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2021, 12:55 AM   #1
Ryanvilas102
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 491712
Join Date: Sep 2018
Default After market fuel rails.

Hello just a quick question for anyone out there reading this but Iím planning on doing a tgv delete to my bugeye here soon and I figured while I was at it Iíd upgrade my fuel rails...But Iím not sure if I have to upgrade my fuel lines as well or can I keep them stock?
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Ryanvilas102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Old 01-05-2021, 03:23 AM   #2
MortonCharbo
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 487057
Join Date: Jun 2018
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: California
Vehicle:
2002 WRX Wagon
PSM

Default

You can keep em stock as long as they provide your injectors with enough fuel. Basically, if you were using them before without issues, they should be just fine.

What turbo/injectors/pump are you running currently?
MortonCharbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2021, 09:02 AM   #3
snow_bound26
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 395793
Join Date: Jul 2014
Chapter/Region: AKIC
Location: Split time between SLC and Lak
Vehicle:
2005 92x Aero
Beige

Default

Keep the OEM rails unless they are becoming corroded. I'd replace the pieces of rubber hosing though since they are now quite old. The OEM rails are plenty capable. One thing to consider is having your injectors cleaned while you have everything apart. It's cheap insurance to make sure your getting proper fuel to each cyl.
snow_bound26 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2021, 09:36 AM   #4
K3rm1tth3fr0g
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 508105
Join Date: Nov 2019
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Seattle, WA
Vehicle:
2002 WRX Wagon VF39
Midnight Black Pearl

Default

My tuner told me switching to IAG rails can help eliminate lean spots while tuning. I'd say upgrade rails when doing TGVs
K3rm1tth3fr0g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2021, 10:25 AM   #5
JarHarms
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 138994
Join Date: Jan 2007
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: DeKalb-ish, IL
Vehicle:
2006 WRX, 6MT, 5x114
TMIC, FP blue, ELH

Default

Aftermarket fuel rails are not worth the effort and cost for 95% of the persons still using factory sized injectors and marginally increased power levels. You will have to deal with fuel line plumbing, address incorporating the FPR, etc. It is very unlikely your setup will need the larger volume of aftermarket fuel rails to address fuel delivery or harmonic issues.

You do not provide specifics on your 2.0L setup or plans. But after going through your prior posts I would stick to factory rails. Doing so will get your car up and running sooner. Very good idea to replace all of the short rubber hoses and clamps while accessible. Also a great suggestion to have the (aged by now) injectors sent out for ultrasonic cleaning and flow checking while you are working on the other tasks. When injectors return you just install them and finish top end assembly.


v - Yes they do clean up the engine area a bit as long as the fuel plumbing is done well. Trust me, I completely get your reason for considering doing those at the same time.

Last edited by JarHarms; 01-06-2021 at 02:49 PM.
JarHarms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 12:14 AM   #6
Ryanvilas102
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 491712
Join Date: Sep 2018
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JarHarms View Post
Aftermarket fuel rails are not worth the effort and cost for 95% of the persons still using factory sized injectors and marginally increased power levels. You will have to deal with fuel line plumbing, address incorporating the FPR, etc. It is very unlikely your setup will need the larger volume of aftermarket fuel rails to address fuel delivery or harmonic issues.



You do not provide specifics on your 2.0L setup or plans. But after going through your prior posts I would stick to factory rails. Doing so will get your car up and running sooner. Very good idea to replace all of the short rubber hoses and clamps while accessible. Also a great suggestion to have the (aged by now) injectors sent out for ultrasonic cleaning and flow checking while you are working on the other tasks. When injectors return you just install them and finish top end assembly.


Thanks for the feedback on this.. I was just looking into the possibility of doing the rails when I do the tgv delete mainly because it seems to clean up the motor a lot more. And honestly Iím not trying to do anything crazy with my 2.0 Iím just trying to get it to run right at the moment... and yes Iíve already had my sti blue injectors sent out cleaned for some insurance.
Ryanvilas102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 12:19 AM   #7
Ryanvilas102
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 491712
Join Date: Sep 2018
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MortonCharbo View Post
You can keep em stock as long as they provide your injectors with enough fuel. Basically, if you were using them before without issues, they should be just fine.



What turbo/injectors/pump are you running currently?


Hey thanks for feedback.. they werenít causing me any issues before I mainly was just going to do it sense Iíd have the stock ones off for my tgvís and aftermarket rails really seem to clean up the motor. But Iíll probably just stick with stock rails for now.

Iím running a vf48 turbo, 565 injectors (sti blues) and 255 walbro fuel pump
Ryanvilas102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 12:44 PM   #8
Samurai Jack
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 21145
Join Date: Jul 2002
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Not in my own time
Vehicle:
2002 Enemy of Aku

Default

Honestly you don't really need to do a full TGV delete. Just remove the butterfly plates in the TGVs and you have most of a full delete for $0 cost.

If you want, you can do some blending inside the TGVs.
Samurai Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 12:54 PM   #9
Waddlz
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 395275
Join Date: Jul 2014
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: Brighton, CO
Vehicle:
2012 STi
SWP

Default

I ran stock fuel lines with Id1300s, hardwired walbro 450 making 461 whp 461wtq on a rotated EFR 7163 with E85 with 0 fueling related issues for 3 years.

I'm swapping to aftermarket fuel rails because I think the OEM rail being small caused me to burn up a walbro 450, and the IAG TGV deletes kept kinking the fuel rails causing boost leaks.
Waddlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 12:05 AM   #10
MortonCharbo
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 487057
Join Date: Jun 2018
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: California
Vehicle:
2002 WRX Wagon
PSM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryanvilas102 View Post
Hey thanks for feedback.. they werenít causing me any issues before I mainly was just going to do it sense Iíd have the stock ones off for my tgvís and aftermarket rails really seem to clean up the motor. But Iíll probably just stick with stock rails for now.

Iím running a vf48 turbo, 565 injectors (sti blues) and 255 walbro fuel pump
Keep your stock setup then.

I highly recommend taking JarHarm's advice on replacing all the little rubber hoses in there as well.
MortonCharbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 12:17 AM   #11
spoolinsti05
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 108051
Join Date: Feb 2006
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: NY
Vehicle:
2005 TickingTimeBomb
Jr tuned TT Sleeved

Default

Stock fuel rails are fine. Aluminum is nice because they heat up slower. Steel heats up faster but also cools slower.
spoolinsti05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:47 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2021 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2019, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.