Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Tuesday March 2, 2021
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Electrical & Lighting

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 02-23-2020, 10:52 PM   #1
jb_fxt
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 439594
Vehicle:
2020 STI

Default 2020 sti fog lights / turn signals

Hey all. I just picked up a 2020 sti a month ago. I really miss having fog lights so I want to install some. Found out that the 2019 and 2020 models don't come with fog lights at all. This was to allow air flow vents inside the bezels where the fog light would go. I'd much rather have the fog lights. I purchased the new bezels with both the fog light holes and turn signal holes. I also purchased morimoto fog light housings and olm turn signal housings. Originally I was told that I would just need a new cord to plug into the factory harness to slip off of the existing harness to install both in 1 easy plug and play install. Unfortunately the info I was given was wrong and my oem existing harness is different. I was planning to just make my own wiring harness to connect the fog lights, but I'd much rather keep it as close to oem as possible. If anyone has any information on what I need, or what I can do to make this happen, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks.
jb_fxt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-23-2020, 11:12 PM   #2
murrdogg24
Scooby Guru

Member#: 50586
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Vehicle:
2020 STI
Crystal White Pearl

It appears you need an entire wiring harness/relay if you look at the pictures from this kit:
https://www.subispeed.com/2015-subar...ght-kit-18-wrx
murrdogg24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 10:37 PM   #3
jb_fxt
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 439594
Vehicle:
2020 STI

Quote:
Originally Posted by murrdogg24 View Post
It appears you need an entire wiring harness/relay if you look at the pictures from this kit:
https://www.subispeed.com/2015-subar...ght-kit-18-wrx
I did see this when I was shopping around. I'm very picky with my lights. As ridiculous as this sounds, I wanted yellow fog lights. The kit comes with nice housings but to make them yellow, you have to use the lamin film. The film is okay imo, but it never makes it yellow enough for me, and it fades over time. Which is why I decided to get the morimoto housings with the build in yellow lenses. Granted a bit more pricey, but I love their quality, and style. Since it looks like there is no way around it. I'll buy the kit, purely for the hiring harness, and see if someone in my club wants to buy the leftover parts.
jb_fxt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2021, 06:16 PM   #4
chickwithastick
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 149497
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Vehicle:
2020 STi

I too am having the same issue. I just purchased a 2020 STi and had the dealership order the fog light kit only for them to tell me they couldn't install it. Of course, I drove the car home 3+ hours in a damn blizzard and wished I had fog lights.

How happy are you with this kit?
chickwithastick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2021, 03:04 PM   #5
Ntrout
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 522557

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb_fxt View Post
Hey all. I just picked up a 2020 sti a month ago. I really miss having fog lights so I want to install some. Found out that the 2019 and 2020 models don't come with fog lights at all. This was to allow air flow vents inside the bezels where the fog light would go. I'd much rather have the fog lights. I purchased the new bezels with both the fog light holes and turn signal holes. I also purchased morimoto fog light housings and olm turn signal housings. Originally I was told that I would just need a new cord to plug into the factory harness to slip off of the existing harness to install both in 1 easy plug and play install. Unfortunately the info I was given was wrong and my oem existing harness is different. I was planning to just make my own wiring harness to connect the fog lights, but I'd much rather keep it as close to oem as possible. If anyone has any information on what I need, or what I can do to make this happen, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks.
Iíve had the same issues. Thereís not a lot of bad weather in my part of Texas so not sure if itís worth it, but the car does look sexier with it. I was told by my salesman that there is a bracket inhibiting the fog lights
Ntrout is offline   Reply With Quote