Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Tuesday December 12, 2017
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Transmission (AT/MT) & Driveline

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 
Closed Thread

Old 03-17-2009, 03:20 PM   #1
NVEOUS
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 204213
Default My 05 Wrx Tranny died on me

Hey everyone. My transmission went out on me. The dealer said that my bearings exploded. I've been trying to research what swaps I could do as far as a 6spd transmission goes. But I'm a little confused as to what will fit into my 05 WRX and what all I will need in order to complete the swap. Also I am not sure of which way would be better to go. To go ahead and get the "complete" swap.... brakes, axels, hubs, and so forth or to do it the possibly cheaper way out with just the tranny and drive shaft. Any advice with this would be great. I am fairly new to the Subaru Family and need some help from the Seniors so to speak.

My mods are as follows:
-VF39
-Spt Intake
-Full 3" Turbo back exhaust
-Borla Header
-And a Turbonetics FMIC

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-18-2009, 03:14 AM   #2
Unabomber
👏 Big Ron 👏

Member#: 18062
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
on car parts so PM
me b4 j00 buy

You didn't read our sticky threads and you didn't provide us ANY information on what you will be doing with your car so we can offer no counter advice. You need to contact a vendor like DS1 or Andrewtech and ask them as well can do nothing but offer bad advice to you. Remember....a 6MT swap is fine for those who need it and horrible for those that don't, find out the differences here or talk to a vendor.
Closed Thread