Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Friday March 29, 2024
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Subaru Models > Impreza Forum

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 03-28-2017, 02:04 AM   #201
rationull
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 297202
Vehicle:
2011 Impreza WRX
DGM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mlopez110 View Post
Im sorry about bringing this back from the dead since we are 8 pages deep now so i doubt anyone will see this but i hope someone does! So ama give it a shot ! My car squeals/squeaks extremely loud every-time i engage the clutch after reading many posys i am 99% sure its my TOB (throw out bearing) but thats not my question my question is since i see alot of ppl having this issue i wonder if subaru of america knows about this and if there is a recall or something Ive put my vin number in their website for recalls but dont see nothing /: i am wondering if any of you guys would know ? I am going to change it regardless but it would be nice if subaru did it for me under some warranty or something save me some cash you know? My car is 5mt 2.0L about 86k miles on fully stock ! Please someone let me know or guide me in my
Time of need lol

That's a bummer but I doubt Subaru's going to do anything for a car with that many miles. Can't hurt to ask when you get the work done, though! A squeal when the clutch is depressed is most likely the throwout bearing. I've never heard of a recall related to this issue.
rationull is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-28-2017, 01:50 PM   #202
Mlopez110
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 465108
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
2012 impreza 2.0L
Black/grey

@rationull ya that's what I thought but was just trying save some cash.... since now that I am going to replace it I am better off replacing whole clutch....
anyone know if there are performance clutches for our cars?
or any clutch kits you guys might suggest?

thanks
Mlopez110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 09:01 PM   #203
OrphenCB
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 407127
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
2013 WRX Limited
WR Blue

2013 WRX, basically stock.

I've also had the "5500-6k RPM causing a shudder in the clutch pedal" issue. It used to be pretty bad, occurring around 4500 RPM when getting onto the highway. After installing a Beatrush Pitch Stop Mount and a Group N trans mount, it only happens once I hit 6k RPM, which I only need to do to see if it's still an issue.

I'm curious to try firing some grease into the clutch fork assembly, but since I spend 99% of my time under 4k RPM, I don't know that it's worth the effort. There are plenty of other shortcomings to fix, first.
OrphenCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 10:52 AM   #204
intercede007
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 96511
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Vehicle:
2013 DGM WRX
2013 DGM XVC

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrphenCB View Post
2013 WRX, basically stock.

I've also had the "5500-6k RPM causing a shudder in the clutch pedal" issue.
Bump. Same. If I get on the car hard and shift in that rpm range I get the clutch pedal vibration. It is immediately cleared up by restarting the car, otherwise it gets less worse as I drive.

Any one tried bleeding the clutch/replacing the fluid?
intercede007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 07:19 PM   #205
B.C.
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 39709
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Vehicle:
2006 WRX Wag Stage 2
Black Pearl / Gold BBS

Just got my first clutch replacement on my ‘06 at 107K (done at a dealership). The clutch now engages pretty sharply at the top of the pedal. Pushing the pedal in and out is now also pretty gritty (not heavily, but just enough to be noticeable in your toes). I’m about 50 miles on the new clutch. Unfortunantly I’m not totally sure if it was doing this when I drove away, because I was so focused on where the clutch was engaging which was throwing off my shifting ability. The original clutch was smooth as butter and engaged around the middle of pedal travel. :: annoyed::
B.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2020, 05:56 PM   #206
Bugeyetravis
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 510601
Default Clutch stuck on floor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kneedraggin View Post
That happened to my car 02 Wrx it was the throwout bearing
The same thing is happening to my 02,but my pedal is stuck on the floor and won't disengage anymore....help!
Bugeyetravis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2022, 01:36 AM   #207
aredd2009
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 212598

2019 wrx here, same issue. Had the clutch replaced around 30k for a "pop" in the pedal, felt great initially (smooth and light) and 2 weeks later got the grittiness/vibration. Replaced/bled clutch fluid to no avail. Went to 2 different dealers, they acknowledged the feeling, but said it was "acceptable". Mine doesn't do it so much when cold, but gets worse as the trans gets hotter. For as many issues as I've had with this "new car" purchase, this will be my last Subaru.
aredd2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2022, 10:10 PM   #208
rationull
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 297202
Vehicle:
2011 Impreza WRX
DGM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aredd2009 View Post
2019 wrx here, same issue. Had the clutch replaced around 30k for a "pop" in the pedal, felt great initially (smooth and light) and 2 weeks later got the grittiness/vibration. Replaced/bled clutch fluid to no avail. Went to 2 different dealers, they acknowledged the feeling, but said it was "acceptable". Mine doesn't do it so much when cold, but gets worse as the trans gets hotter. For as many issues as I've had with this "new car" purchase, this will be my last Subaru.
Aside from the fact that this is annoying on a newer car, I might suggest not worrying too much about it. My 2011 is still going strong on the original clutch at ~127k miles, after my first post in this thread 10 years and 120k miles ago. YMMV but from my perspective at this point, this is more a nitpick than a problem.
rationull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2022, 02:19 AM   #209
christianojoseph95
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 530655

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobaab View Post
I just started noticing this yesterday. The car has 620 miles on it at the moment.

When I depress the clutch pedal, I feel a sort of grittiness or vibration through it. When I hold it in one location, I don't feel anything, but when the pedal is being moved, I feel something. It sure wasn't there before.

90% of the time I shift now, I feel it. Is this pretty normal for a new car or is my clutch about to blow up?

Any advice will be great...otherwise, I'm contacting the dealer soon. Thanks guys.
I would say normal w these or the spot welds in the firewall
christianojoseph95 is offline   Reply With Quote