Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Friday August 19, 2022
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > News & Rumors > Non-Subaru News & Rumors

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.







* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2021, 09:31 PM   #3801
godfather2112
Papi Chulo
Moderator
 
Member#: 53794
Join Date: Jan 2004
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: Boner kill city
Vehicle:
... 2017 BMW M2
2017 F-150

Default

Guess you should dump the Plaid and get the Y.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
godfather2112 is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Old 12-21-2021, 10:10 PM   #3802
juanmedina
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 133146
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: SC
Vehicle:
07 FPgreen [email protected]
WRX VF39+E85 12.0, 121mph

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by godfather2112 View Post
Guess you should dump the Plaid and get the Y.
Why? When the refresh Model S get tested it will probably be a safety top pick just like the Model 3 and Y.
juanmedina is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2021, 10:11 PM   #3803
chanomatik
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 159474
Join Date: Sep 2007
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Northbridge, MA
Vehicle:
2017 Impreza Sport
Lithium Red - OLDKID

Default

But can you chance your family's life with a "probably"?
chanomatik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2021, 10:16 PM   #3804
juanmedina
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 133146
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: SC
Vehicle:
07 FPgreen [email protected]
WRX VF39+E85 12.0, 121mph

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanomatik View Post
But can you chance your family's life with a "probably"?
the Model S already score a superior overall rating from the IHSS from the 2016-2020. Mine is probably even better; everyone knows that Tesla makes the safest cars on the road.
juanmedina is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2021, 10:18 PM   #3805
chanomatik
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 159474
Join Date: Sep 2007
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Northbridge, MA
Vehicle:
2017 Impreza Sport
Lithium Red - OLDKID

Default

There's that word again: Probably.
chanomatik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2021, 10:20 PM   #3806
juanmedina
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 133146
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: SC
Vehicle:
07 FPgreen [email protected]
WRX VF39+E85 12.0, 121mph

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanomatik View Post
There's that word again: Probably.
You are just being dense.... Probably .
juanmedina is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2021, 10:22 PM   #3807
chanomatik
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 159474
Join Date: Sep 2007
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Northbridge, MA
Vehicle:
2017 Impreza Sport
Lithium Red - OLDKID

Default

Nah. Just waiting for the actual facts. Probably.
chanomatik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2021, 10:49 PM   #3808
juanmedina
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 133146
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: SC
Vehicle:
07 FPgreen [email protected]
WRX VF39+E85 12.0, 121mph

Default

I knew I was going to touch a nerve or two.
juanmedina is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2021, 06:49 AM   #3809
chanomatik
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 159474
Join Date: Sep 2007
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Northbridge, MA
Vehicle:
2017 Impreza Sport
Lithium Red - OLDKID

Default

I mean, that's to be expected when you call someone "dense" just for noting your conjecture. But your bullying is also to be expected.

Fact: Approximately 77 other IIHS TSP+ winners.

Fact: There are 15 other Midsize Luxury SUVs on that list, including the Model Y.

Fact: The only other Tesla on the list is the Model 3.

Conjecture: Most of the other manufacturers have figured out how to be IIHS TSP+ winners while also not having Grand Canyon-sized panel gaps.

Special Note: It appears that the VW ID.4 and Audi e-Tron (including Sportback) are the only other EVs that made the list.

https://www.iihs.org/ratings/top-saf...#award-winners

I have no stake in this debate. It's just amusing that you come in here saying, "Ignore the panel gaps and think of human life by getting the Model Y!", but are willing to take a chance on those same lives by holding on to your current car, presuming it'll make the list as well.

I've followed this thread long enough to know that you'll never truly appreciate the irony of your posts, including your inevitable response to this one. I prefer it when you post cool updates about your own car, or information about the tech without the social commentary, but both are few and far between.
chanomatik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2021, 08:33 AM   #3810
juanmedina
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 133146
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: SC
Vehicle:
07 FPgreen [email protected]
WRX VF39+E85 12.0, 121mph

Default

Ok got it ^


Talking about safety
Quote:
U.S. opens investigation into 580,000 Tesla vehicles over game feature

WASHINGTON, Dec 22 (Reuters) - U.S auto safety regulators said Wednesday they have opened a formal safety investigation into 580,000 Tesla vehicles sold since 2017 over the automaker's decision to allow games to be played on the front center touchscreen.

The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) said its preliminary evaluation covers various 2017-2022 Tesla Model 3, S, X, and Y vehicles. This functionality, referred to as ďPassenger Play,Ē "may distract the driver and increase the risk of a crash," the agency said.
juanmedina is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2021, 12:04 PM   #3811
godfather2112
Papi Chulo
Moderator
 
Member#: 53794
Join Date: Jan 2004
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: Boner kill city
Vehicle:
... 2017 BMW M2
2017 F-150

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanomatik View Post
I mean, that's to be expected when you call someone "dense" just for noting your conjecture. But your bullying is also to be expected.

Fact: Approximately 77 other IIHS TSP+ winners.

Fact: There are 15 other Midsize Luxury SUVs on that list, including the Model Y.

Fact: The only other Tesla on the list is the Model 3.

Conjecture: Most of the other manufacturers have figured out how to be IIHS TSP+ winners while also not having Grand Canyon-sized panel gaps.

Special Note: It appears that the VW ID.4 and Audi e-Tron (including Sportback) are the only other EVs that made the list.

https://www.iihs.org/ratings/top-saf...#award-winners

I have no stake in this debate. It's just amusing that you come in here saying, "Ignore the panel gaps and think of human life by getting the Model Y!", but are willing to take a chance on those same lives by holding on to your current car, presuming it'll make the list as well.

I've followed this thread long enough to know that you'll never truly appreciate the irony of your posts, including your inevitable response to this one. I prefer it when you post cool updates about your own car, or information about the tech without the social commentary, but both are few and far between.
I appreciate you.
godfather2112 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2021, 12:24 PM   #3812
heavyD
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 194216
Join Date: Nov 2008
Chapter/Region: W. Canada
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Vehicle:
2022 Fast POS

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by godfather2112 View Post
I appreciate you.
He's fighting the good fight and we all appreciate it. That said when someone is as far gone as juanmedina there's no amount of truth and rationalization that will register with him. He's a sick man and I actually feel a little sorry for him.
heavyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2021, 06:58 PM   #3813
SubaDuba420
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 102793
Join Date: Dec 2005
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
2016 WRX
Ugly Sedan

Default

I simply can not wait to hear the disciple defend the Messiah on this one...

Tesla's online inventory includes 2021 Model 3s with 4-year-old batteries
These cars lose up to 12% of their driving range
https://www.autoblog.com/2021/12/22/...ack-inventory/

Quote:
For better or worse, Tesla may have invented a category of cars that slots between new and used. Its online inventory of vehicles lists several 2021 examples of the Model 3 that are equipped with a battery pack built as far back as 2017 and that has degraded accordingly.

Buyers can't order a nearly-new EV with an older battery through the company's online configurator; instead, they need to browse Tesla's inventory of new and used cars. Enter a valid zip code, tick the "Model 3" and "new" boxes, and you'll notice that some of the results come with a warning: "range figures may be up to 12% lower due to battery age." This only applies to 2021 cars that are labeled as new; click the "used" box and there's no mention of battery degradation ó which certainly doesn't mean that the battery hasn't lost part of its capacity.

"This vehicle was built with a battery pack manufactured as early as 2017. While this pack was brand new when the vehicle was built, the cells have reduced capacity due to their age and you can expect up to 12% reduction in range from current production specifications," the company notes. How a car titled as a 2021 model ended up with a battery pack manufactured in 2017 remains a rather enigmatic point......

Tesla's disclaimer and its definition of the term "brand new" are murky. What's made clear is that the pack was "brand new" when the vehicle was built. And yet, it was manufactured "as early as 2017" and it's installed a car titled as a 2021 model, so one presumably not made in 2017. Should we assume that "built and stored for a couple of years" means "brand new" in Tesla-speak, and not "new-old-stock"?

Tesla hasn't commented on the report.
Let the tap dancing begin

SubaDuba420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2021, 08:42 PM   #3814
juanmedina
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 133146
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: SC
Vehicle:
07 FPgreen [email protected]
WRX VF39+E85 12.0, 121mph

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubaDuba420 View Post
I simply can not wait to hear the disciple defend the Messiah on this one...

Tesla's online inventory includes 2021 Model 3s with 4-year-old batteries
These cars lose up to 12% of their driving range
https://www.autoblog.com/2021/12/22/...ack-inventory/



Let the tap dancing begin

These cars were assembled with some old stock "new" battery packs that were destined for warranty claims:





juanmedina is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2022, 11:36 PM   #3815
juanmedina
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 133146
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: SC
Vehicle:
07 FPgreen [email protected]
WRX VF39+E85 12.0, 121mph

Default

Track mode coming to the Plaid :

https://twitter.com/greentheonly/status/1477495977569357825
juanmedina is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2022, 12:29 PM   #3816
Supraru
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 23313
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Collegeville,Pa
Vehicle:
99' 2.5Rs
black

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyD View Post
He's fighting the good fight and we all appreciate it. That said when someone is as far gone as juanmedina there's no amount of truth and rationalization that will register with him. He's a sick man and I actually feel a little sorry for him.
Sounds like a democrat. Lol.
Supraru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2022, 08:58 PM   #3817
Blitzkrieg
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 14913
Join Date: Feb 2002
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Vehicle:
2009 Ford Ranger
Red

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supraru View Post
Sounds like a democrat. Lol.
As a man who votes republican, step away from the rabbit hole. Just don't respond or fear the reaper!
Blitzkrieg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2022, 09:25 PM   #3818
godfather2112
Papi Chulo
Moderator
 
Member#: 53794
Join Date: Jan 2004
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: Boner kill city
Vehicle:
... 2017 BMW M2
2017 F-150

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supraru View Post
Sounds like a democrat. Lol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzkrieg View Post
As a man who votes republican, step away from the rabbit hole. Just don't respond or fear the reaper!
Can we not with the politics, please?
godfather2112 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2022, 11:31 AM   #3819
juanmedina
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 133146
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: SC
Vehicle:
07 FPgreen [email protected]
WRX VF39+E85 12.0, 121mph

Default

I got FSD Beta and at least in my area is not great. Twice it had done some very questionable things like trying to run a red light and turning all the sudden towards a curb while driving in a parking lot. I have been able to do some zero intervention drives but it needs lots work. Sometimes it blows you mind and takes turns just like I would but sometimes it does some goofy stuff. Braking has been greatly improved and the car brakes just like I would and is better than with AP super smooth.

It seems like the new track mode for the Plaid improves braking feel which a lot of reviewers complained about and the suspension tuning feels great for the track. I have not received the update because I FSD Beta and I assume they will roll it with and update to FSD:


Last edited by juanmedina; 01-06-2022 at 11:36 AM.
juanmedina is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2022, 11:45 AM   #3820
legav05
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 51287
Join Date: Dec 2003
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
2019 Model S Perf

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by juanmedina View Post
I got FSD Beta and at least in my area is not great. Twice it had done some very questionable things like trying to run a red light and turning all the sudden towards a curb while driving in a parking lot. I have been able to do some zero intervention drives but it needs lots work. Sometimes it blows you mind and takes turns just like I would but sometimes it does some goofy stuff. Braking has been greatly improved and the car brakes just like I would and is better than with AP super smooth.

It seems like the new track mode for the Plaid improves braking feel which a lot of reviewers complained about and the suspension tuning feels great for the track. I have not received the update because I FSD Beta and I assume they will roll it with and update to FSD:
They usually rebase to mainline every 1-2 FSD releases, so you'll probably get it in 2-4 weeks.

10.8 has been doing well in the suburbs for me. Not so much in deep urban areas. I'm not the only one that's noticed, but the inference engine is fantastic, but path planning seems to be getting very little attention. Pseudo quote from Elon "That part is easy". Personally I think they could entirely pause the inference, and finish FSD just on a better path planner. But no, they have a whole series of upgrades to inference planned.
legav05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2022, 07:35 PM   #3821
godfather2112
Papi Chulo
Moderator
 
Member#: 53794
Join Date: Jan 2004
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: Boner kill city
Vehicle:
... 2017 BMW M2
2017 F-150

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by juanmedina View Post
I got FSD Beta and at least in my area is not great. Twice it had done some very questionable things like trying to run a red light and turning all the sudden towards a curb while driving in a parking lot. I have been able to do some zero intervention drives but it needs lots work. Sometimes it blows you mind and takes turns just like I would but sometimes it does some goofy stuff. Braking has been greatly improved and the car brakes just like I would and is better than with AP super smooth.

It seems like the new track mode for the Plaid improves braking feel which a lot of reviewers complained about and the suspension tuning feels great for the track. I have not received the update because I FSD Beta and I assume they will roll it with and update to FSD:

https://youtu.be/6y-s3dCY7os
I rode in a Model Y last weekend that had the latest beta. I wonít say itís terrible but I would say itís a solid 20-30% of being actually full self driving. 4 lane road, very few cars and it would try to make immediate left or right turns. The actions were stupid aggressive too and it was on ďchillĒ mode. If there was a car to either side of us, itís likely we would have touched. It did make sudden decrease in speeds and sudden acceleration too. It couldn't handle a right hand merge lane either. However, when it did work, it was pretty cool and made a pretty cool right hand turn without assistance.

Based upon the 1 hour drive (30 mins out, 30 mins back), I think full self driving is a long ways out. Iíd be surprised if we see it in 5 years unless some sort of massive jump in technology happens. Personally, I would never engage FSD or buy a vehicle with one at this point in time. This applies to Tesla and every auto manufacturer
godfather2112 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2022, 10:00 PM   #3822
juanmedina
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 133146
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: SC
Vehicle:
07 FPgreen [email protected]
WRX VF39+E85 12.0, 121mph

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by godfather2112 View Post
I rode in a Model Y last weekend that had the latest beta. I wonít say itís terrible but I would say itís a solid 20-30% of being actually full self driving. 4 lane road, very few cars and it would try to make immediate left or right turns. The actions were stupid aggressive too and it was on ďchillĒ mode. If there was a car to either side of us, itís likely we would have touched. It did make sudden decrease in speeds and sudden acceleration too. It couldn't handle a right hand merge lane either. However, when it did work, it was pretty cool and made a pretty cool right hand turn without assistance.

Based upon the 1 hour drive (30 mins out, 30 mins back), I think full self driving is a long ways out. Iíd be surprised if we see it in 5 years unless some sort of massive jump in technology happens. Personally, I would never engage FSD or buy a vehicle with one at this point in time. This applies to Tesla and every auto manufacturer
It is all about data, the more people use it the faster it will improve. There is no way FSD will work just by grabbing data from a simulator or by having 1000 test drivers. Yeah the acceleration is too aggressive for my taste even on chill mode. I need to try a different setting for FSD because right now I hate in Assertive and see if it helps. I do think it will take more years and I am actually surprised there haven't been FSD accidents.
juanmedina is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2022, 02:43 PM   #3823
juanmedina
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 133146
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: SC
Vehicle:
07 FPgreen [email protected]
WRX VF39+E85 12.0, 121mph

Default

I got my wheels mounted . The car is dirty and needs a wash. I have lowering links coming and front PFC rotors from Unplugged and race pads.



I really can't wait for track mode. I signed up late for a track day at AMP so I am on the waiting list and I hopefully get lucky and get to run that day in March. So far other members are loving track mode:

Quote:


I don't even know how to start this... I was honestly starting to become somewhat bored with my Plaid and was contemplating selling it. Then this latest update was dropped, I honestly had low expectations for it, wasn't really impressed with any of the other releases. But this is a game changer. Track Mode is absolutely incredibly amazing beyond anything I could have ever imagined for a software update!



When I say this, I am not saying this lightly... IT COMPLETELY TRANSFORMS THE CAR into a track weapon on rails. I'm talking, it's as if I handed $25k to a performance shop and ask them to give me a racing suspension and steering setup. It no longer wanders under hard acceleration, and the same for braking. It corners with near zero body roll now, I mean, it's like driving an M3 or a GTR now. I don't know how they did it, but even the brakes are vastly improved! Steering is so much more on point. It's like driving a go-kart now. The cornering is unbelievable. Anyone with a Plaid out there needs to seriously try this ASAP. It's like having three cars in one now. A luxury cruiser, a drag racer, and now a track car. I've never been as impressed with this car as I am now, even more than the day I picked it up, it's like a whole new car. And this is coming from a guy that's owned three McLarens and a bunch of other fast track stuff. I think all this car needs now are just some racing pads and better fluid, you may be able to get away with not needing CCBs, it's that improved.
juanmedina is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2022, 03:38 PM   #3824
arghx7
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 232940
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: cold
Default

living your best $1800 car payment life huh?
arghx7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2022, 07:26 AM   #3825
juanmedina
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 133146
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: SC
Vehicle:
07 FPgreen [email protected]
WRX VF39+E85 12.0, 121mph

Default

I have been trying to take my car to race event without any luck . First, I signed up for track day and it was already full so I am on waiting list and second I signed up for an autocross for next week on Sunday and it just got canceled because of potential snow . Maybe is the universe is telling me something lol.

Wow this is impressive on how well the Model 3 Performance does in cold weather conditions on charging and efficiency vs the Taycan.

and


Last edited by juanmedina; 01-19-2022 at 07:38 AM.
juanmedina is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:00 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2022 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2019, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.