Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Tuesday March 19, 2024
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Reviews > Vendor Reviews

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 04-04-2016, 11:13 AM   #1
GCswappe
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (0)

Member#: 428970
Vehicle:
1995 STIL Wagon

Default Richstage4 turbo rebuilder on ebay. Great guy anf greatGreat product!

Written 2/11/17 just now got time to leave a review here on nasioc. Ive been building a 257 swap for my 1995 wagon and have had some bad luck with turbos until now!
First I got a turbo with the swap I purchased, it was blown up. Next I got a jdm turbo from an importer that is a vendor here on nasioc. When I received the "good low mileage turbo" it was far from good and I had never seen someone send such an expensive item with no padding in the box. The blades rub the housing and obviously had some kind of debris go through the intake further damaging the blades.
I opened a PayPal claim and was refunded my money. The seller said to keep the bad turbo as a core instead of me having to pay return shipping. This set my build back more than 2 weeks.
After receiving the bad turbo I found a vf39 rebuilt and ported and polished with all new factory IHI parts on ebay for $650 with a $100 core charge from the seller richstage4. Since the vendor here let me keep the core I had two cores to send him and will get $200 back when he gets my cores in the mail. Shipping only took 3 days and the turbo is beautiful.

Check him out! You will be glad that you did!

http://www.ebay.com/usr/richstage4

Last edited by GCswappe; 04-04-2016 at 11:33 AM.
GCswappe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-04-2016, 11:13 AM   #2
GCswappe
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 428970
Vehicle:
1995 STIL Wagon

I have about 1300 miles on my turbo and it runs great! Quick spool even with the front mount intercooler setup!
I will definitely recommend richstage4 to anyone that want a great quality turbo!
I sent a good friend to richstage4 to buy a vf48 for his 2005 wrx wagon. My friend uses his car as a work commuter and has over 3000 miles on his turbo and it is still flawless!
GCswappe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 11:51 PM   #3
jj94auto
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 203929

Great dealings with him on my TD04 replacement on my FXT
jj94auto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 12:51 AM   #4
lostinthemasses
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 460200

I was just about to make a post about this scumbag, but after using the search function, it seems I can do it here.

I ordered a P&P TD04 from this guy in March of 2017. The shop I had install the turbo said the old one has no shaft play and was in good shape. I inspected the old turbo myself and it was as the shop described. Car has 124k when turbo was installed and previous owner didn't hoon it, so it's not surprising the old turbo was in good shape.

Where's why I emphasized so much about the old turbo:

Even though I could have sold it privately, out of the goodness of my heart and the community I decided to send this to the dude as a core, even though the shipping to Utah from the PNW cost me a good 30 bucks or so (using the box he used to send me the P&P one). I got tracking and insurance, sent him a message with tracking and radio silence, sent him a message when the turbo was delivered and still radio silence, sent a message a couple weeks later about the core refund and still radio silence. Waited a few weeks and sent a message again and more radio silence, a few weeks later I sent another message and the guy says my turbo wasn't even good for scrap and said it was rebuilt using a Chinese rebuild kit, that there was mad shaft play, oil everywhere, and the fins were completely shredded to pieces. I outright just said he must have mine mistaken for another core someone sent him, but he insisted it was toast, so I called the mechanic that installed the turbo and double-checked with him about the condition of the old one and upon his insistence I opened a claim with eBay and PayPal.

So it turns out his core charge crap doesn't fall under any liability with either eBay or PayPal so I'm SOL and basically he isn't obligated to actually give you a core charge. Honestly I was pissed off since I could have AT LEAST gotten $100 for the TD04 on Craigslist while also not paying the extra money for shipping it to him, but at that point I just got over it. Until today.

The car now has 145k miles on it and I finally have the car built where I wanted it to in order to start tracking it. When changing downpipes I pulled the turbo off and checked the condition and it already has some shaft play and some light scorch marks on the fins. I am absolutely livid now. This TD04 set me back almost $500 including sending the core back and 20k miles of daily driving later running and OTS Stage 2+ map on my V3 AccessPort it has shaft play. Now I've gotta get this thing rebuilt before it sends shredded metal throughout my 205.

Screw this guy, do not buy from him.
lostinthemasses is offline   Reply With Quote