Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Sunday February 17, 2019
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Car Audio, Video & Security

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 01-11-2019, 07:25 PM   #76
ems111
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 496082
Vehicle:
2018 Wrx premium

Tapped into the CAN at the center display with no luck. Anyone have suggesestions? Those who go it work where did you get the CAN and what did you use to make the connection? If I canít at least get the backup camera to work Iím just gonna out the stock unit back it.
ems111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-19-2019, 10:59 PM   #77
LouCioccio
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 496163
Vehicle:
2018 Forester
Pearl White

I have been following assortments of threads on doing what you guys have done. I have been acquiring the parts. I do have a question on the the two connectors 6 & 10 pins that go in the telemetric module. I under stand the previous posts on cans red and blue and tap them from su2 ob2 what I don’t understand: the su2 has the two connectors 6 & 10 I connect the cars 6 & 10 to the telemetric module (STARLINK) and not to the su2 harness? Is that correct?
Lou Cioccio

Last edited by LouCioccio; 01-19-2019 at 11:11 PM.
LouCioccio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 07:59 AM   #78
Xanthos
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 496746
Default 2018 cam out different

I've got the idoing Android head unit and everything works but the backup camera. Cannot seem to get an RCA out from it even though I have 6v at the camera
Xanthos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 09:24 AM   #79
LouCioccio
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 496163
Vehicle:
2018 Forester
Pearl White

LouCioccio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 10:26 PM   #80
Xanthos
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 496746

Quote:
Originally Posted by LouCioccio View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong here but it looks like I should take the rca gnd to chassis gnd. I do have 6v at the camera, unless additional can lines are required to use an aftermarket unit
Xanthos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 10:20 PM   #81
Onoman
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 497145

Ok so I am a bit confused. I was looking at Crutchfield and want to get the Kenwood DMX905s about two weeks ago, I put it all in my cart and everything was fine I just needed an adapter to get the back up camera to work. I went back this week to order and now nothing is compatible with the 2018 WRX and when I talked to them they said they didn't have a way to retain my satellite radio, back up camera and steering wheel controls. My question is what exactly do I need to get and do to pretty much make this pug and play with maybe some minor adjustments. Do I use the wiring harness Crutchfield will give me or do I need a totally different one? I been reading the forums and I think I am confusing myself going between the Starlink and other stuff. I do not have nav or Starlink. Is there a way to get the telemetrics without the starlink? that would be cool but not needed iof I have to do too much wiring. Any help is greatly appreciated
Onoman is offline   Reply With Quote