Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Wednesday March 20, 2019
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Transmission (AT/MT) & Driveline

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 02-11-2019, 05:23 PM   #1
fartbox420
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 483915
Vehicle:
2004 wrx
WRB

Default New? 10kg center diffs for 5mt and 6mt available. (Viscous)

While searching for parts i stumbled upon these 10 kg/50rpm Viscous Diffs for 5MT and 6MT transmissions.

Edit: I went from excited to confused. I keep seeing it called 10kg/50rpm, im wondering if this is accurate i thought Subaru rated them by 100 rpm. 10 at 50 would be 20 at 100rpm right?

5MT Part # ST3891355010 and link
https://www.amazon.com/STI-CENTER-DE.../dp/B075VXD765

6MT Part # ST389134S010 and link:
https://www.amazon.com/STI-CENTER-VI.../dp/B075VWRR2K

I know people talk about the old 12kg and 20kg Subaru Center diffs, and how they are better for off-road, allow power to be sent to wheels with more traction, making it less understeery. These are all things ive read about the 12kg center. and i believe they only worked on the old 5mt pre-2000s.

It appears they are making a 10kg one now for newer transmissions for motorsports like rally. maybe it is supposed to be considered an off-road only part. It does mention "it features a center differential (lock) which locks the differential function completely." - from Amazon listing.

has this been around for awhile? It seems to be a cool upgrade for people who like to play in the dirt. Also, i have read the old 12kg was manageable for the street so i don't see why a 10 wouldn't be.

I would love to know more info about these upgraded viscous center differentials especially the locking part, it this also in the stock 4kg? i wonder how fast it goes to full lock mode.

Last edited by fartbox420; 02-11-2019 at 10:55 PM. Reason: confusion
fartbox420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-13-2019, 03:01 PM   #2
fartbox420
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 483915
Vehicle:
2004 wrx
WRB

I have come to the conclusion that these are 20kg /100rpm center diffs for the newer 5mt and 6mt (non-DCCD) transmissions.
fartbox420 is offline   Reply With Quote