Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Saturday March 30, 2024
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Engine Management & Tuning > AccessPort

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 08-03-2012, 02:02 AM   #1
Danger Doug
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 269207
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Vehicle:
2011 WRX

Default 2011 WRX Stage 1 Underboostage

Flashed to stage 1 today. The following are two pulls in third gear from 2000 rpm's to redline'ish, done one after the other. All day I haven't seen any sustained boost pressures above 15.5; however I'd get the very short spike of 16.3psi under spirited conditions. I tried the HWG map, and got sustained 17.5+, which seems undesirable (I'm told this is ok by some folks, so long as there isn't any knock). Any advice and help would be appreciated, thanks!

Pull 1
Pull 2
Danger Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-03-2012, 09:34 AM   #2
Cobb Tuning
NASIOC Vendor

Member#: 4803

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger Doug View Post
Flashed to stage 1 today. The following are two pulls in third gear from 2000 rpm's to redline'ish, done one after the other. All day I haven't seen any sustained boost pressures above 15.5; however I'd get the very short spike of 16.3psi under spirited conditions. I tried the HWG map, and got sustained 17.5+, which seems undesirable (I'm told this is ok by some folks, so long as there isn't any knock). Any advice and help would be appreciated, thanks!

Pull 1
Pull 2
Logs look good - you are underboosting a bit, but not too bad. If you want to try the HWG map again, I would get another 3rd gear data log to see how it looks and also see what boost likes like in 5th gear when going wide open throttle.

Bill
Cobb Tuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 02:14 PM   #3
Danger Doug
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2011 WRX

Thanks for the quick reply, Bill!

Installed the HWG stage 1 map this morning. First three are in the morning when temp was at 85 F, and the final third gear pull was after a 20 mile trip on the highway and ambient temp at 100 F. I couldn't (Shouldn't) get much higher than 4500 rpms in fifth, due to traffic and road conditions around here, so I hope the WOT fifth gear data is sufficient for what you're looking for. Thanks again, and have a good weekend!

Third Gear 2000 to red

Third Gear 2k to Red, into Fifth Gear WOT

Fifth Gear WOT Random Log

Third Gear 2000 to red Later Day

Also: Am I pushing the car too much that I'm affecting the longevity of the motor vs. the stock map with 17.5psi? This is my daily driver, and while I want to get as much power as I safely can, I can't afford to be fixing anything drastic now or down the road. Thanks!

Last edited by Danger Doug; 08-03-2012 at 04:46 PM.
Old 08-04-2012, 08:39 AM   #4
Cobb Tuning
NASIOC Vendor

Quote:
Thanks for the quick reply, Bill!

Installed the HWG stage 1 map this morning. First three are in the morning when temp was at 85 F, and the final third gear pull was after a 20 mile trip on the highway and ambient temp at 100 F. I couldn't (Shouldn't) get much higher than 4500 rpms in fifth, due to traffic and road conditions around here, so I hope the WOT fifth gear data is sufficient for what you're looking for. Thanks again, and have a good weekend!

Third Gear 2000 to red

Third Gear 2k to Red, into Fifth Gear WOT

Fifth Gear WOT Random Log

Third Gear 2000 to red Later Day

Also: Am I pushing the car too much that I'm affecting the longevity of the motor vs. the stock map with 17.5psi? This is my daily driver, and while I want to get as much power as I safely can, I can't afford to be fixing anything drastic now or down the road. Thanks!
Everything looks good with the HWG map. There's no issue with running the level of boost that the map is designed for, but if you want to stay more on the conservative side, you can always reflash the 91ACN version of your map (our most conservative map), assuming you are not already running that map.

Bill
Old 08-07-2012, 08:44 PM   #5
Danger Doug
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2011 WRX

I ran another log in fourth gear from 2000 to red, and saw some weird learned knock mid pull. It went away, but any reason why it would be in that range, and not anywhere else? Is this false knock that's been learned, or should I run a bit more conservative? Thanks for the advice! It's greatly appreciated knowing someone who knows wtf is here to make sure I don't do anything stupid

4th Gear Pull
Old 08-08-2012, 09:44 AM   #6
Cobb Tuning
NASIOC Vendor

Quote:
I ran another log in fourth gear from 2000 to red, and saw some weird learned knock mid pull. It went away, but any reason why it would be in that range, and not anywhere else? Is this false knock that's been learned, or should I run a bit more conservative? Thanks for the advice! It's greatly appreciated knowing someone who knows wtf is here to make sure I don't do anything stupid

4th Gear Pull
That appears to be a single knock event that was learned during this run. It did start to learn back to zero even during the run, so it wasn't excessive and not a huge concern unless it is repeatable. I would take a few more logs. It may just be the high outside temps. If you want to stay on the conservative side, you can always reflash the 91ACN map, if you aren't already on that map. Or stick with the normal wastegate map.

Bill