Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Tuesday March 19, 2024
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Engine Management & Tuning

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-28-2005, 07:58 PM   #1
scooby9
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 76026
Chapter/Region: W. Canada
Vehicle:
2007 BMW 335xi
Titanium Silver

Have a Nice Day? Accessport had me thinking my clutch was slipping...

Well last night I went for a drive and I noticed a weird hesitation in 2nd gear at WOT that felt like my clutch was slipping. I only have 20,000 km and I almost always rev match so I was quite surprised when it seemed like the clutch was going. I also have an Accessport at stage 1 which was running fine for a few weeks until last night. I did a bunch of driving and noticed that in 1st gear there was no issue but in 2nd gear above 4500 rpm it felt like the car was going and then pulling back, going and then pulling back... 3rd gear had a similar problem but not as noticeable. Well, I've never had this problem before so I started shopping around for a new clutch. Then today I decided that I would unmarry the Accessport just to see if it made a difference. Well after that everything is back to normal again and I have none of this weird hesitation. Driving is super smooth albeit with less oomph that was there before when all was good with the Accessport... However my question is this... is it possible that unmarrying the Accessport reduced the amount of torque output such that the clutch is no longer slipping... OR is it that I never did have a clutch issue and the ECU was acting all crazy and causing this hesitation?
scooby9 is offline   Reply With Quote