Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Friday March 29, 2024
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
Mid Atlantic Impreza Club
Mid Atlantic Impreza Club Forum sponsored by Annapolis Subaru
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Chapters > Mid Atlantic Impreza Club -- MAIC

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 06-03-2010, 05:23 AM   #1
RubbleDTD
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 155997
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
2005 OBP WRX STI
EFR 7163, 93 + Meth

Default Anyone need help with an install?

Hey guys,

If your living in the Philadelphia area and looking to install parts but want an extra hand, post up or shoot me an IM. I love working on cars and spreading the scooby mod fever...

I moved to the Philadelphia area last August (2009) for work and found that the thing I missed most about college was wrenching on scoobies at the RPI Student AutoShop (and a shout out to all my fellow RSAS guys). I had started a "Charity Mechanic" thread a while back in an effort to brainstorm ideas to volunteer as a mechanic (http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show....php?t=1850528), but have yet to come up with anything consistent or local (AZP, if only you were closer ).

A bit of background: I currently own an PSM 04 WRX wagon which I picked up shortly after being exposed to the subaru community in 2006. I joined the RPI Student Autoshop shortly after aquiring the car, and have been busy learning about, and working on WRX's ever since. I am most expierenced with the 02-07 WRX and have performed numerous installs ranging from TGV deletes to tranny swaps. I am not as expierenced (or equipped) when it comes to engine re-builds, but almost everything besides motor/transmission internals is pretty familiar to me. I also have a tactrix cable and can re-flash / data log.

A couple FYIs;

-I am volunteering 100% free of charge, working on cars is like a hobby to me.

-Performing a tranny swaps / Clutch replacement sucks without a lift. Please ensure access to a shop/lift for this type of work. Or we could road trip up to Albany, NY and use RSAS given a heads up

-Do your homework. I would be happy to answer any questions, but please ensure all required tools / parts will be accounted for come install day.

-I live in an apartment complex and working on cars is prohibited. If interested, I would have to come to you.

-Tools: I have most of the basics; comprehensive socket/wrench set, torque wrench, floor jack, stands, etc.

-I am online intermittently as I normally do not stop for lunch at work. If I don't respond within a day or two to a post, shoot me a PM.

With that being said, I look forward to hearing from some of you. If you think this post is creepy, there are several other Nasioc (and Unysoc) members that can vouch for my good intent and competence . Happy Modifications!

Last edited by RubbleDTD; 06-03-2010 at 06:47 AM.
RubbleDTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links