Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Friday March 29, 2024
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
Click here to visit TireRack
Brakes & Suspension Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack

Losing traction? Need new tires?
Click here to visit the NASIOC Upgrade Garage...
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Brakes, Steering & Suspension

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 01-02-2006, 10:42 AM   #1
Andreas Miko
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 42738
Vehicle:
2004 WRX STI
Silver

Default Just need some opinion on STI Pink springs and STI Pink 4 way adjustable shocks for 0

Ok I got a 04 STI and I am upgrading the suspension. I do not want coil overs. So I have been looking at getting the combo lised below.

STI Pink Springs
STI Pink Shocks or ( Ohlins 25 way adj shocks )
Racecomp Eng Camber Plates
STI Rear Hardened Strut Top Mounts

Now my question is I was told by the guy at Racecomp Eng that the STI pink shocks cause a bouncey ride, I just want to know if ths is true from the guys who have used the Pnk shocks. I want the Pinks shocks as I am trying to keep everything original Subaru stuff but if the are bouncey then I will go with the Ohlins shocks.
Andreas Miko is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-02-2006, 10:54 AM   #2
Rail
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 38287
Chapter/Region: South East
Vehicle:
2005 Honda S2000
NFR

I haven't noticed a ton of bounce with my Arais(apart from the seat microbounce, but that's another issue entirely). Be sure to run the appropriate matching springs with them, though(the Rev C pink springs that everyone uses with the stock STi struts will more than likely be too soft), but I'm sure Myles told you that already.

That said, if you're buying new(not takeoffs/secondhand) for everything I'd just go ahead and get the Ohlins struts - they'll give you a lot more flexibility to fine-tune your setup. I'd probably be running them if I had the cash.
Rail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 02:04 PM   #3
Thran
Scooby Guru

Member#: 63612
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Vehicle:
2004 dom 2.5 wrx
Rally Blue

i have the sti pink springs, but jdm, they do create a bouncey ride, but then again they are pretty stiff as well

but yes they are bouncy
Thran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 03:27 PM   #4
GTWORX.com
Former Vendor

Member#: 97303
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
2015 WRX

The PINK springs DONT make the STi stock struts bouncy. The OEM Sti stock struts ARE bouncy without any help. The Pinks help remove the bounciness.

The PINK STI JDM struts with 4 adjustment clicks are inthe same respect as OEM Sti struts,..............bouncy. As ALL JDM Japanese coilovers and struts are. HOWEVER, they are still good, but dont have the same behavior as say a Bilstein, or a OHlins, or a AST, or a KW, or a Whitline would. ALL the european brands take a different approach to suspension tuning due to the wider range of tarmac conditions for the roads and tracks in Europe. Most of the tracks and roads in Japan are smooth, so the rebound can be very high and it not be an issue.

Thats what I meant.

So different stroke for different fokes. In a nutshell.

For specific set up advice, call 410-730-7223 ask for Myles.

Racecomp Engineering LLC.
GTWORX.com
GTWORX.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 08:28 PM   #5
sshus924
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 61172
Vehicle:
2006 WRX STI
Rally Blue

What about Tein Coilovers? Adjustable and height adjustable.
sshus924 is offline   Reply With Quote