Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Monday July 23, 2018
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Car Care & Detailing

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2018, 11:44 AM   #51
car_freak85
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 13530
Join Date: Dec 2001
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Cascadia
Vehicle:
EA63 , EA81T, EJ20G,
EJ205

Default

To the folks out there running the Subaru pressure washer, how's it been holding up? Just looked at the reviews on Costco's website and the reviews are split maybe 60/40 between 5-stars and 1-star...
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
car_freak85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Old 05-11-2018, 12:35 PM   #52
blue-sun
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 15934
Join Date: Mar 2002
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Yorkville, IL
Vehicle:
2017 Jetta GLI
Tornado Red

Default

I just picked up one of these on closeout at my local Home Depot for $80 (not the listed $120)

Used it twice since it picked it up and It's been great so far.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Ryobi-1-...1600/205566079
blue-sun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 04:09 PM   #53
MtnXfreeride
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 228010
Join Date: Oct 2009
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Maine
Vehicle:
2012 WRX Prem Hatch
Dark Gray Metalic

Default

Ryobi 3100 PSI gas waster with 40 degree nozzle.
MTM Foam Cannon with EITHER walmarts purple power vehicle/boat wash (stripper soap) or Chemical Guys Madi Suds II
MtnXfreeride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 08:34 PM   #54
RexKwonDo
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 404751
Join Date: Oct 2014
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Vehicle:
2017 WRX STi
Crystal White Pearl

Default

From the research I did, it seemed like the biggest issue with most foam cannons is that the plastic bottle would break where it screwed on to the top part whether it was a $15 eBay cannon or an $80 Chemical Guys branded unit. I ended up trying this one due to the brass threading on the bottle, so far, so good and it's in a mid-range in terms of price point.

https://www.amazon.com/SudMagic-Foam...ds=foam+cannon

Went with a SunJoe pressure washer (SP3001 or something along those lines). I like it, but have my reservations about how it will hold up long term. I also have a clear bra on my vehicle so for the front end I usually switch back over to the garden hose for rinsing, which is a bit of a hassle. Foam and pressure washing alone are definitely not enough to remove all the road grime that my car typically picks up (and I wash it every week or two), so I still use the 2-bucket method and a 3rd for the wheels. Some people may feel that it's overkill, but my year-old STI has virtually 0 scratches or swirls in it's paint and looks brand new still.
RexKwonDo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 11:37 PM   #55
BlueSTI4Me
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 34361
Join Date: Mar 2003
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: MI
Vehicle:
04.7 STI
WRB

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_freak85 View Post
To the folks out there running the Subaru pressure washer, how's it been holding up? Just looked at the reviews on Costco's website and the reviews are split maybe 60/40 between 5-stars and 1-star...
Going to be breaking mine out for second season. So we will see, couple of times last year it wouldn't spray with pressure - still don't know why. Have to pressure wash vinyl siding on house so it will get a couple days heavy workout.
BlueSTI4Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 11:55 PM   #56
Amplified2000
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 86389
Join Date: May 2005
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Cedar Falls, IA
Vehicle:
2011 WRX Hatch
WRB

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RexKwonDo View Post
From the research I did, it seemed like the biggest issue with most foam cannons is that the plastic bottle would break where it screwed on to the top part whether it was a $15 eBay cannon or an $80 Chemical Guys branded unit. I ended up trying this one due to the brass threading on the bottle, so far, so good and it's in a mid-range in terms of price point.

https://www.amazon.com/SudMagic-Foam...ds=foam+cannon

Went with a SunJoe pressure washer (SP3001 or something along those lines). I like it, but have my reservations about how it will hold up long term. I also have a clear bra on my vehicle so for the front end I usually switch back over to the garden hose for rinsing, which is a bit of a hassle. Foam and pressure washing alone are definitely not enough to remove all the road grime that my car typically picks up (and I wash it every week or two), so I still use the 2-bucket method and a 3rd for the wheels. Some people may feel that it's overkill, but my year-old STI has virtually 0 scratches or swirls in it's paint and looks brand new still.
How does that Foam Cannon work with the SunJoe? From some of the reading I did the SunJoe PW's use propriatary connectors so I wasn't sure that other foam cannon's would work. I have the SPX4001 and went with the SunJoe branded cannon as well.. it works ok but not great and I'm using Chemical Guys Mr. Pink
Amplified2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 02:59 AM   #57
RexKwonDo
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 404751
Join Date: Oct 2014
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Vehicle:
2017 WRX STi
Crystal White Pearl

Default

It connects perfectly to my SunJoe 3001, standard quick connect for easy on/off right out of the box. I was really happy with it. Not sure if/which certain models of the SJ PW's may have proprietary connections, but my 3001 does not. I have been using Chemical Guys Honeydew Snow Foam and am pleased with the results.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amplified2000 View Post
How does that Foam Cannon work with the SunJoe? From some of the reading I did the SunJoe PW's use propriatary connectors so I wasn't sure that other foam cannon's would work. I have the SPX4001 and went with the SunJoe branded cannon as well.. it works ok but not great and I'm using Chemical Guys Mr. Pink
RexKwonDo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 11:08 PM   #58
Slim_Jim
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 473831
Join Date: Sep 2017
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Ohio
Vehicle:
2018 WRX STI Limited
Lapis Blue Pearl

Default

My wife got me a Dewalt DXPW3425 pressure washer last year. That thing is a beast! It works great with my foam cannon! I've used on pretty much everything from cleaning concrete to the vinyl siding without an issue.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/DEWALT-H...3425/204663857
Slim_Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 08:24 PM   #59
texaswrx171
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 487519
Join Date: Jun 2018
Default

I use a gas pressure washer that honestly has too much PSI, around 2200. It works well with my foam gun and the Adams ultra foaming car shampoo. My only complaints is the noise it produces and of course the gas
texaswrx171 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 08:24 PM   #60
texaswrx171
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 487519
Join Date: Jun 2018
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswrx171 View Post
I use a gas pressure washer that honestly has too much PSI, around 2200. It works well with my foam gun and the Adams ultra foaming car shampoo. My only complaints is the noise it produces and of course the gas
defenitly look into the Sun Joe, its around $80, good power and great for a foam gun
texaswrx171 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 08:56 AM   #61
RakumiAzuri
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 472102
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: NOVA
Vehicle:
2018 WRX
Gunmetal

Default

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Ryobi-1-...1612/301004462

I still use a foam gun that hooks to my normal hose though.
RakumiAzuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:43 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2018 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2017, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.