Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday March 28, 2024
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Car Audio, Video & Security

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 12-09-2013, 06:41 AM   #51
TomiT
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 163135
Chapter/Region: International
Vehicle:
2008 WRX STi 2008
Red

Does any other Subaru got that same 24pin radio connector??
TomiT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-12-2013, 11:39 AM   #52
TomiT
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 163135
Chapter/Region: International
Vehicle:
2008 WRX STi 2008
Red

Well one monkey brain here!!! Unika and SWC works just fine. I find the small black stick from the unika box and I just reset the UNIKA with that stick ( Small hole in the UNIKA ) then I just bush the buttons in correct order and I hold down that last button recommend 2 seconds and now all 6-buttons work just fine from STi steering wheel
TomiT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 09:52 PM   #53
S1000RR
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 377017
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Vehicle:
2014 WRX Hatchback
Ice Silver

Bump for those who have installed the Asteroid Smart... how do you like it?

I'm torn between installing the Smart, a Nexus 7 or one of the Chinese Android-in-a-box HU's.
S1000RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 06:42 PM   #54
swm04a
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 385050

Could you please tell me which wires on the unika you connected the ACC and IGN too? You mention in your post that you had to do that to get enough power to the UNika but I am not clear on which wires need to be connected to the ACC and IGN....?

thanks
swm04a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 01:44 PM   #55
El Wray
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 303030
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Vehicle:
2009 STI
DGM

Following this advice:
Quote:
So your quickest/easiest solution (in my opinion) will be to cut the ISO connector off of the Asteroid Smart HU's harness. For the UNIKA, don't use their ISO adapter -- take the other harness with the male/female 24-pin connectors, cut off the leg with the white 4-pin plug, and make your connections to that leg (so you can leave the UNIKA's main harness intact). Then solder or crimp the Asteroid Smart's and UNIKA's wires directly to my 20-pin Subaru harness.
I cut the ISO crap off:

Then soldered whatever Unika leads were needed to the Parrot harness:

Then used female bullet connectors on svxdc's harness to make an easy connection to the vehicle harness.
El Wray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 02:33 PM   #56
swm04a
Scooby Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Wray View Post
Following this advice:

I cut the ISO crap off:

Then soldered whatever Unika leads were needed to the Parrot harness:

Then used female bullet connectors on svxdc's harness to make an easy connection to the vehicle harness.
I see that you've spliced some wires from the 4 pin Unika connector into some of the wires coming from the Parrot connector... could you please tell me which wire is which on that 4 pin Unika connector and which Parrot wire needs to be connected to which Unika wire?

thanks
Old 03-26-2014, 03:53 PM   #57
El Wray
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2009 STI
DGM

It's been a long time and my memory isn't the greatest.. But I'll give it a try. If I remember correctly, all but one of the wires on the Unika harness come apart. (Pictured here)

The only wire that didn't was ground, which I cut in my case. I believe only soldered POS(red), GND(black) and IGN/ACC (orange?) from the Unika.
Old 03-27-2014, 09:58 AM   #58
swm04a
Scooby Newbie

Quote:
It's been a long time and my memory isn't the greatest.. But I'll give it a try. If I remember correctly, all but one of the wires on the Unika harness come apart. (Pictured here)

The only wire that didn't was ground, which I cut in my case. I believe only soldered POS(red), GND(black) and IGN/ACC (orange?) from the Unika.
... Now I am even more confused...

I left both those plugs you just posted a picture of in the Unika box because neither my Parrot HU nor my car (2009 Forester XT) have a matching plug...?

Any thoughts? Right now I have SVDxc's 20 pin grafted into the Parrot Asteriod plug with V1, Aux1, and GND from Unika also grafted into the 20 pin plug...
Old 03-27-2014, 11:12 AM   #59
El Wray
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2009 STI
DGM

I apologize, I posted the wrong harness. Please read post #40 in this thread.

I cut off the "unused" harness on the left side in the pic of the UNIKA SWC. I cut it off nearer to the unused harness, meaning I kept the 4-pin power connector intact so I had the extra cable length if needed.
Old 03-27-2014, 11:27 AM   #60
swm04a
Scooby Newbie

Quote:
I apologize, I posted the wrong harness. Please read post #40 in this thread.

I cut off the "unused" harness on the left side in the pic of the UNIKA SWC. I cut it off nearer to the unused harness, meaning I kept the 4-pin power connector intact so I had the extra cable length if needed.
No apology needed, If I had not missed post #40 the first time I read through then I would never had bothered you in the first place. Thanks for your time.
Old 06-13-2014, 06:50 AM   #61
heath_303
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 386092

i can't get this working and its quite frustrating.

im not too sure if the harness i have does not have the right connectors on it or something. i have a subaru to iso harness, i then connect this iso harness to the unika harness, then connect the unika harness to the parrot iso harness.

i have cut the steering wheel control wire and connected it to the unika V1,and ground to unika ground, the unika powers up and the head unit can see it.

however I'm getting on signals to the unika when i try to learn the steering wheel controller only an occasional red light flash.

what am i doing wrong ?

btw without the unika harness in path the head unit works flawlessly
heath_303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 10:55 AM   #62
JLBaja
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 137951
Chapter/Region: South East
Vehicle:
2006 Baja Turbo Blue
Phat Botti Tuned

Default Parrot Asteroid Smart in Baja!!

Great thread. Will probably install the Asteroid Smart in my 2006 Baja Turbo. Would really like to swap the steering wheel with WRX/STI (with controls) but this will be much more $$$$ and work.

Last edited by JLBaja; 06-25-2014 at 11:44 AM.
JLBaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 07:25 AM   #63
Bill_O
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 396702
Default plug and play harness information

hello everybody,
first of, thanks for taking the time to share and help about this amazing parrot system, I just think that it's way beyond any other car system...

I am planning to install one in a 2009 subaru sti without blutooth and just stock 6cds player.

Parrot is proposing me this plug&play harness with the unika module:
http://www.paser.it/parrot/en/find-p...roducts_id=158

what is it? do I need it extra if I purchase the SVXdc's one?
thanks a lot for your help
Bill_O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 02:29 AM   #64
Bill_O
Scooby Newbie

nobody pls?
Old 07-21-2014, 10:46 AM   #65
El Wray
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2009 STI
DGM

Kinda pricey for the $30 or so, but not bad - I'd give it a shot for plug & play functionality and not having to splice/solder. You would only need one - the paser or svxdc's, not both. Plus he seems busy these days, so options are: their recommended harness, customizing your own metra harness or waiting a while for steering wheel controls.

Last edited by El Wray; 07-21-2014 at 11:00 AM.
Old 07-21-2014, 01:49 PM   #66
Bill_O
Scooby Newbie

great, thanks for the tip
Old 01-07-2015, 05:28 PM   #67
subiefan101
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 410395
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2013 Subaru WRX STI
Black

Default Microphone location

Has anyone installed the mic in the factory location? If so how is the reception compared to attaching on the ledge under the tach/speedo?
subiefan101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 08:38 PM   #68
El Wray
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2009 STI
DGM

I've tried the steering column before. Got a lot of complaints about noise. I moved it to the center/ceiling and heard fewer complaints. Whatever you do scrape off their crappy two sided tape and put some of your own industrial double-sided tape.
Old 01-08-2015, 10:22 AM   #69
subiefan101
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 410395
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2013 Subaru WRX STI
Black

Default Parrot Microphone

Thanks for the info. This really is a good system once it is rooted and google maps, etc. are installed. Although I did recently see at CES that parrot has a new system (RNB6) coming out that integrates carplay and andoid auto.

http://www.cnet.com/news/parrot-rnb-...unit-ces-2015/
subiefan101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 01:41 PM   #70
x10x
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 411684
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Vehicle:
2005 9-2x aero

News Parrot RNB6

Wow thx for this post! It was very informative. Any of y'all waiting for the Parrot RNB6? It won best of CES this year. I'm waiting for it to be released.
x10x is offline   Reply With Quote