Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Tuesday December 12, 2017
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Car Audio, Video & Security

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 03-22-2006, 12:52 PM   #1
XROLLER
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 1273
Vehicle:
98 Impreza
RBP

Default keyless entry problem

I recently had the car worked on and the battery was disconnected for a extended period of time, here's the problem......my remote for my keyless entry needed to be reprogramed and it was fine for about a week or so now it's acting up (locking and unlocking)while i drive around town. And i got locked out of the car the other day running into the gas station it locked it self and i had to wait till it unlocked it's self. Why would it forget the reprograming on the remote?

Any help out there?
XROLLER is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-22-2006, 04:11 PM   #2
armand1
Scooby Guru

Member#: 10309
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Vehicle:
'02 OBS 2-tone!
'95 Montego Miata

I'm not familiar with the details of the MY98 keyless entry, but here are some (perhaps trivial!) ideas:
1) Was the car work related to the keylocking/keyless entry system, or physically near the keyless entry module?
2) Could it be that the buttons on the remote were getting pressed in your pocket?
3) Could it be that your "keyless entry" is really a full alarm system that had been put into "valet mode" to act like a keyless entry, and that having the power removed reverted it back to alarm function (where it might very well automatically lock the doors). This is especially common if you bought the car used.
armand1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 06:33 PM   #3
XROLLER
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 1273
Vehicle:
98 Impreza
RBP

Default well

i've had the car since 99 and i've never had anything like this happen and for this long of a period. Usually i just reset the remote and i'm good till the battery is unhooked again.....

XROLLER is online now   Reply With Quote