Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Saturday November 17, 2018
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Subaru Conversions

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 09-25-2018, 06:19 PM   #1
ProjectBugeyeMY02
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 483797
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
2002 Impreza
Silver/Black

Default How to build 300whp reliable 09-14 wrx

I'm sure this has been discussed before, so if it has, can comone be kind enough to comment the link?
Anyways, picked up a 09 Wrx a couple weeks ago, already deleted the mufflers, purchesd a better pitch stop, an AEM cai, running Cobbs ots stage 1+aem 93 map. Going to heat wrap the stock ic to prevent heat soak. When I purchase a downpipe, I'll run stage 2. I'll get bored with it and want more. My overall goal with this motor is 300whp, I would like it to be as reliable as possible, I mention what my plan is for supporting mods, obviously with a protune to go with it. If anyone else has any tips/reccomendations it would be appreciated!
My plan
Aem cai (I know not necessarily but I like the noise)
Better Full recerc Bpv (not sure which yet)
Invidia Cattless DP ( 3in dual n1 cb)
Catch can set up
Mishi tb hose
Turbo Heat shield
Cobb ebc
Debating fuel pump/injectors ( not sure if necessary?)
Also wastegate maybe? (also not sure if necessary, if so better internal or not to bother and get a ewg with a new up pipe?)
Will I need to run a better ic? I've looked at both Avo/grimmspeed tmic.

Thanks guys
ProjectBugeyeMY02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-22-2018, 01:52 AM   #2
Vooduru
NASIOC Supporter

Member#: 485649

If it's 265 stock and with the mods you've done to it, aren't you close to 300?
Vooduru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 03:47 AM   #3
leche43
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 474819

Pump and injectors aren't necessary, for your goal. Do your research on catch cans, not necessary at this level imo money would be better spent on a top mount upgrade, or even radiator and hoses. Top mount upgrade goes a long way for driveability and reliablity if you drive hard. Stock top mount heat soaks in no time, I don't think reflective tape will help the poor little thing. Up pipe will surely help, but wouldn't do it until you upgrade top mount because the added heat to the engine bay
leche43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 10:46 AM   #4
snow_bound26
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 395793
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
2005 92x Aero
Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectBugeyeMY02 View Post
I'm sure this has been discussed before, so if it has, can comone be kind enough to comment the link?
Anyways, picked up a 09 Wrx a couple weeks ago, already deleted the mufflers, purchesd a better pitch stop, an AEM cai, running Cobbs ots stage 1+aem 93 map. Going to heat wrap the stock ic to prevent heat soak. When I purchase a downpipe, I'll run stage 2. I'll get bored with it and want more. My overall goal with this motor is 300whp, I would like it to be as reliable as possible, I mention what my plan is for supporting mods, obviously with a protune to go with it. If anyone else has any tips/reccomendations it would be appreciated!
My plan
Aem cai (I know not necessarily but I like the noise)
Better Full recerc Bpv (not sure which yet)
Invidia Cattless DP ( 3in dual n1 cb)
Catch can set up
Mishi tb hose
Turbo Heat shield
Cobb ebc
Debating fuel pump/injectors ( not sure if necessary?)
Also wastegate maybe? (also not sure if necessary, if so better internal or not to bother and get a ewg with a new up pipe?)
Will I need to run a better ic? I've looked at both Avo/grimmspeed tmic.

Thanks guys

You are over thinking some of this. The OE BPV is perfectly fine for your goals. Save that money. Same thing with the WG. Unless you want to run EWG leave the OE one alone and you'll be fine. Don't bother with the TB hose either. Catch cans are going to add maintenance and need to be checked routinely so they don't cause issues like running low on oil or having them spill in the engine bay. AOS in my opinion is better and safer. It if you're not getting much blow by then they might not be worth it at this point.

Take the money you would've spent on those things and do a TMIC; GrimmSpeed, Turbo XS, Process West are all good. PW comes with everything you need. The other 2 don't come with a splitter. I personally would do the fuel pump. The injectors will be close to or completely maxed out. The pump will be maxed out. Walbro 255 is cheap and gives you room for the future. Cobb EBCS is a good choice. A turbo blanket/wrap is more effective then a heat shield (though the stock TMIC will still heat soak a bit). I have a VF34 with a coated hot side and blanket and can put my hand on the intercooler after a hard run. When I had a Cobb heat shield and not the others I couldn't do that. Your up pipe is fine since it's catless. You won't see much, if any increase in performance with an up pipe at this point.
snow_bound26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 12:35 AM   #5
tiny360
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 493336
Chapter/Region: E. Canada
Vehicle:
1997 Legacy Outback
Blue

Default You should go big, because you are already home

You should go big, because you are already home
tiny360 is offline   Reply With Quote