Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Tuesday November 19, 2019
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Motorsports

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 06-05-2001, 02:25 PM   #1
BrianR
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 647
Thumbs up Evolution Autocross Class (long)

Yesterday I just had my first real autocross class with Evolution and I figured I should post it and give them some good old Scooby attention. What was it like and what do they teach you? Well, there are three phases that evolution offers; I just took the first one. The phase 1 is for everyone, from the people who have never auto crossed to national champions. It was about 180 dollars for the course (which is expensive to me) but is worth every cent. Iím currently in my second season auto crossing, so Iíve been doing it for about a year and a half. When we (friends) got their in the morning, there were three courses setup. 1 for an autocross event, another for the phase 3, another for phase 1. There were about 10 students total. My friends and I decided to race on our street tires, because of the large amount of runs we get. We started the day out in a drivers meeting, talking about what the plan of the day is. Next we walked the course with the instructors (two national champs that were flown in to Dallas/ft worth.) After we walked it, everyone got 3 practice runs to start the morning. There are 5 heats total, 2 people per heat. Each person has to work 2 heats. We had 12 runs in the morning and then we broke for lunch. They served us pizza hut and free drinks with inside air conditioning. After we ate, we talked more about what we learned and how to apply it for the afternoon. Then the instructors took 3 people in each car and drove around the course to show us where we should be looking. After that, we had 9 more runs each, then 3 more. For those who are to lazy to count, we had a total of 24 runs. After our afternoon runs we had the drivers meeting and discussed our times and what we learned. So what did I learn? I learned how to look way ahead and smoothness in each of my transactions. The instructors were very knowledgeable and both of them help each person individually. Check out http://autocross.com/evolution/ for the schedule and see if itís coming to a place near you. I recommend them very highly. Sorry for the length.

BrianR
BrianR is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links