Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday November 21, 2019
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Subaru Models > Impreza Forum

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.







* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2018, 11:47 PM   #801
carcrazy85
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 465046
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Yonkers, NY
Vehicle:
2017 Impreza Sport
Crystal White Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanomatik View Post
Just got back from another cross-country road trip last night! My mom drove my Impreza from Alaska, through Canada, to Oklahoma for my nephew's graduation in Tulsa. I drove a friend's 2012 Impreza hatch 5MT through Canada to Seattle, dropped it off, then flew to OK. Then as a family we drove to Arkansas, Iowa, Minnesota, Nebraska, North Dakota, South Dakota, Wyoming, Idaho, Oregon, Washington and Canada. Visited Vancouver (Butchart Gardens) and a few other places. It was my ninth time through Canada.

I'm driving to New York for a wedding in September, and will pass through Wisconsin, in which case I'll only need to visit Florida to have visited all of North America. I'll have gone through Canada eleven times by the end of the year.

There have been a slew of aftermarket parts released for the Impreza that I'm super excited about! I'll try to post them up later. I'm thinking I'll keep the car, make it look fast, and bask in the fact that it's not.

Car has over 24k miles on it now and still going strong. Finally figured out some more functions for the display unit up top (the favorites screen and setting the clock to adjust automatically ). What's your endgame here?
Wow you really are exploring a lot. I never done any road trips like that. Must be nice to enjoy all those sights. You should totally start a blog and share your Impreza road trip adventures.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
carcrazy85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Old 05-26-2018, 12:09 AM   #802
chanomatik
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 159474
Join Date: Sep 2007
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Blackstone, MA
Vehicle:
2017 Impreza Sport
Lithium Red - OLDKID

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by carcrazy85 View Post
Wow you really are exploring a lot. I never done any road trips like that. Must be nice to enjoy all those sights. You should totally start a blog and share your Impreza road trip adventures.
I was supposed to do that with my BRZ... It'd be easier if there was stable Internet connection everywhere. I guess I could go back and start a blog with the BRZ and work back up to the Impreza.

Updated the Mod thread, btw.
chanomatik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 09:12 AM   #803
carcrazy85
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 465046
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Yonkers, NY
Vehicle:
2017 Impreza Sport
Crystal White Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanomatik View Post
I was supposed to do that with my BRZ... It'd be easier if there was stable Internet connection everywhere. I guess I could go back and start a blog with the BRZ and work back up to the Impreza.

Updated the Mod thread, btw.
Sounds great. You don't really need a steady internet. Just record and post up your adventures when you can. Doesn't have to be a daily blog (vlog).
carcrazy85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 02:27 PM   #804
Supraru
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 23313
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Collegeville,Pa
Vehicle:
99' 2.5Rs
black

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanomatik View Post
Just got back from another cross-country road trip last night! My mom drove my Impreza from Alaska, through Canada, to Oklahoma for my nephew's graduation in Tulsa. I drove a friend's 2012 Impreza hatch 5MT through Canada to Seattle, dropped it off, then flew to OK. Then as a family we drove to Arkansas, Iowa, Minnesota, Nebraska, North Dakota, South Dakota, Wyoming, Idaho, Oregon, Washington and Canada. Visited Vancouver (Butchart Gardens) and a few other places. It was my ninth time through Canada.

I'm driving to New York for a wedding in September, and will pass through Wisconsin, in which case I'll only need to visit Florida to have visited all of North America. I'll have gone through Canada eleven times by the end of the year.

There have been a slew of aftermarket parts released for the Impreza that I'm super excited about! I'll try to post them up later. I'm thinking I'll keep the car, make it look fast, and bask in the fact that it's not.

Car has over 24k miles on it now and still going strong. Finally figured out some more functions for the display unit up top (the favorites screen and setting the clock to adjust automatically ). What's your endgame here?
Do I need to explain it?

Guy argues that his impreza sport 5 speed is faster than a cvt impreza sport and describes how he beats other auto manufacturers auto’s off the line but he only revs it to 3500 rpm’s and gets 27mpg and doesn’t race it...... does it sum it up for you?
Supraru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 02:29 PM   #805
Supraru
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 23313
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Collegeville,Pa
Vehicle:
99' 2.5Rs
black

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by carcrazy85 View Post
No I stand by what I said cause it made sense. I just didn't want to bother with your nonsense. I know my Impreza Sport. I own it. It's mine so I know it's true potential.
See above for your explaination progression on how your manual is “fast”
Supraru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 08:38 PM   #806
carcrazy85
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 465046
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Yonkers, NY
Vehicle:
2017 Impreza Sport
Crystal White Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supraru View Post
See above for your explaination progression on how your manual is “fast”
You really still on this? I know what I said and I know what said makes sense. As for you grow up and move on.
carcrazy85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 08:33 PM   #807
GreenApple
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 461745
Join Date: Jan 2017
Default

Odd problem happened today when I started up my car after getting off work.

The stereo system started producing distorted sounds similar to this
at higher volumes above 6 for SiriusXM and Bluetooth. Regular AM/FM radio is not affected.

Has anyone else encountered this issue in this car or other cars and know of a fix?

Car only has 4500km on it.
GreenApple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 02:22 PM   #808
carcrazy85
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 465046
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Yonkers, NY
Vehicle:
2017 Impreza Sport
Crystal White Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenApple View Post
Odd problem happened today when I started up my car after getting off work.

The stereo system started producing distorted sounds similar to this video at 47 seconds at higher volumes above 6 for SiriusXM and Bluetooth. Regular AM/FM radio is not affected.

Has anyone else encountered this issue in this car or other cars and know of a fix?

Car only has 4500km on it.
Did the issue go away. Any audio issues usually go away after restarting the car.
carcrazy85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 01:47 PM   #809
GreenApple
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 461745
Join Date: Jan 2017
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by carcrazy85 View Post
Did the issue go away. Any audio issues usually go away after restarting the car.
Yes, the issue went away the next day. However, restarting the car within 5-10 minutes after experiencing this problem did not resolve it.

I'll keep monitoring this issue if it pops up in the future so that there's more documentation for other users.
GreenApple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 11:25 PM   #810
carcrazy85
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 465046
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Yonkers, NY
Vehicle:
2017 Impreza Sport
Crystal White Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenApple View Post
Yes, the issue went away the next day. However, restarting the car within 5-10 minutes after experiencing this problem did not resolve it.

I'll keep monitoring this issue if it pops up in the future so that there's more documentation for other users.
That's good. There is one thing to look out for you. When you put the car in reverse and you hear a high pitch feedback sound just stop. I mean stop don't move cause the back up camera might of froze. This happened to me. The high pitch feedback was so loud it distracted me and I didn't realize the camera was frozen as I was backing up. The noise was so distracting I failed to check my mirrors and BAM backed into my friends car that was planning to park next too. I had to replace my whole rear bumper and my insurance took care of my friends front bumper.
I haven't heard this noise since then. Now I just pause and make sure the camera is working. I just turn the wheel and watch for the predictive turning lines to move.
I been meaning to mention this issue awhile ago.
carcrazy85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 10:56 AM   #811
SGT Didymus
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 486863
Join Date: Jun 2018
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Hampton Roads, VA
Vehicle:
2018 WRX
Pure Red

Default

I don't own a 17 but I love the handling of the 18s. Coming from owning a Mazdaspeed3 a couple years ago to this I'm probably never going to own anything else but a Subaru.
SGT Didymus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 10:57 PM   #812
carcrazy85
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 465046
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Yonkers, NY
Vehicle:
2017 Impreza Sport
Crystal White Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGT Didymus View Post
I don't own a 17 but I love the handling of the 18s. Coming from owning a Mazdaspeed3 a couple years ago to this I'm probably never going to own anything else but a Subaru.
Yeah the Impreza has amazing handling. I like to take the back roads and rip them up as I will be doing tomorrow on my driving run.
Did you go with the CVT or 5speed and what trim level you get?
I have the 17 Sport and the 5speed manual.
carcrazy85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 08:44 PM   #813
Tbenn2.5i
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 487053
Join Date: Jun 2018
Default I actually love the newer imprezas

Quote:
Originally Posted by vertrkr View Post
I just drove 40 miles home from the dealer 10 minutes ago in my Premium trim. The only thing that stood out was the steering seemed pretty tight and little to no free play so it was a little more difficult to relax and keep it centered in the lane on the freeway than I'm used to. I've never driven a Subaru before so I have no previous experience.

I'm 6'4" 280 lbs and I fit pretty darn good although I could use a tad more leg room. The car is for my daughter so all these are non issues. Apple CarPlay was nice, came right up and got directions to home with no fuss. It even re-routed me once when driving thru crowded San Fransisco streets.

Over all, very impressed for an entry level model. I could not find one paint defect, misaligned panel, loose part...
They're rather comfy and for being a subaru they're really nice on the inside
Tbenn2.5i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 08:45 PM   #814
Tbenn2.5i
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 487053
Join Date: Jun 2018
Default Very nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrickNipple View Post
How is the premium an entry-level trim?
Very joce, I definitely recommend it. I got to drive one last month and it left an impression
Tbenn2.5i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 04:42 PM   #815
ObewanKenobi
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 428583
Join Date: Aug 2015
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: All over
Vehicle:
2017 Impreza Sport
Venetian Red Pearl

Default

Overall impression; great little car, great platform. The only thing it needs is some more power.

When Subaru makes the new WRX on the Global Platform it is going to be amazing.
ObewanKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 05:54 PM   #816
carcrazy85
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 465046
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Yonkers, NY
Vehicle:
2017 Impreza Sport
Crystal White Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObewanKenobi View Post
Overall impression; great little car, great platform. The only thing it needs is some more power.

When Subaru makes the new WRX on the Global Platform it is going to be amazing.
Yes the new global platform for the WRX will be amazing. It will have the whole new dash and Android Auto and Apple Car Play which is a most wanted and overdue feature.
Yeah the Impreza could use more power. For the fact it's only 152hp it's pretty quick. I am satisfied with the available power. Yeah I know lots of people will say it's slow but that's them lol.
carcrazy85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 08:34 PM   #817
baldwooky
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 118926
Join Date: Jun 2006
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Cleveland
Vehicle:
03 WRX Wagon
Sonic Yellow/Black 2 tone

Default

1 Month, 2500 miles in on my 18 premium wagon.

Great car. Other than the goofy android auto(does the apple suck too?) And total lack of power, it's great. Like it more than any other subie I've had. (6 between 95-2004 years) if I can get 200k+ like the rest, without replacing a block or the cvt, I'll be doing backflips.

Did not like the manual crosstrek which is a 6, so stayed away from the 5speed no way can it be better. Plus mpg, resale and kid action and traffic, no brainer. Not sure why people get the sport, worse mpg somehow, same lack of balls, more $, crappy looking wheels, no rails is huge to me. I'll get after market fogs and putting wheels on anyways.

Wish I didn't have to jump to a limited to get the headlights, not interested in even crappier looking wheels, more ugly chrome bits, or leather. Dam insane to get a 30k econobox imo.

Give me a global platform wagon wrx. Not interested in sedans. At all.
baldwooky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 12:02 AM   #818
chanomatik
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 159474
Join Date: Sep 2007
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Blackstone, MA
Vehicle:
2017 Impreza Sport
Lithium Red - OLDKID

Default

Congrats! Good glob of info there. Wish I could keep a Subie past 200k. This is my 7th and I doubt I'll keep it past 110k.

Most of us get the Sport because it doesn't have roof rails, yet has the AA/AC, plus side mirror turn signals, active torque vectoring (or active torque braking?, which worsens mpg, I believe), heated seats and mirrors and keyless entry. Plus we like the red stitching and the exclusive Lithium Red color.
chanomatik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 09:37 AM   #819
pgh88
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 316756
Join Date: Apr 2012
Default

Don't look for the new WRX (2021?) in hatch version. Subaru announced it's only going to be a sedan
pgh88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 09:35 PM   #820
baldwooky
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 118926
Join Date: Jun 2006
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Cleveland
Vehicle:
03 WRX Wagon
Sonic Yellow/Black 2 tone

Default

Bummer. I guess they dont want my money. Would have sold more wrx/sti wagons if they werent all ugly as hell after 2005.
baldwooky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 10:10 PM   #821
chanomatik
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 159474
Join Date: Sep 2007
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Blackstone, MA
Vehicle:
2017 Impreza Sport
Lithium Red - OLDKID

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldwooky View Post
Bummer. I guess they dont want my money. Would have sold more wrx/sti wagons if they werent all ugly as hell after 2005.
Ummmmm... They sold EVERY WRX/STI, whether sedan or hatch/wagon.

I'm still waiting for an STI 5-door without an EJ, but it hasn't stopped me from checking other options in the meantime.
chanomatik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 12:02 PM   #822
baldwooky
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 118926
Join Date: Jun 2006
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Cleveland
Vehicle:
03 WRX Wagon
Sonic Yellow/Black 2 tone

Default

They didn't sell one to me, or many others who only want a wagon/hatch wrx/sti specifically.

2012 was the last year, and between 06-12 they were good awfully ugly, even by Subaru standards.
baldwooky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 11:35 PM   #823
Hyperblueconaway
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 487721
Join Date: Jun 2018
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldwooky View Post
They didn't sell one to me, or many others who only want a wagon/hatch wrx/sti specifically.

2012 was the last year, and between 06-12 they were good awfully ugly, even by Subaru standards.
I bought my 2016 Hyper Blue series STI last November... Used of course. But was originally looking for a hatchback. I think they look great and the added weight in the back is great for extra loose turns. Wife said no on the hatch back because she agrees with you. Ugly.
Hyperblueconaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 03:36 PM   #824
cls241
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 488370
Join Date: Jul 2018
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Mount Vernon, WA
Vehicle:
2018 Impreza Sport
Silver

Default

I just got the 2018 Subaru Impreza Sport 2.0L CVT 4WD Sport Wagon / Automatic with the Auto/Manual paddle. I keep seeing posts here saying "Good car, but total lack of power!"... so did I make a mistake? Will it be sluggish on the road?
cls241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 08:26 PM   #825
Angelus911
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 89967
Join Date: Jun 2005
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: MA
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza Sport
DGM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cls241 View Post
I just got the 2018 Subaru Impreza Sport 2.0L CVT 4WD Sport Wagon / Automatic with the Auto/Manual paddle. I keep seeing posts here saying "Good car, but total lack of power!"... so did I make a mistake? Will it be sluggish on the road?


Depends what your expectations are...if you’ve owned a powerful car in the past you’ll probably be disappointed
Angelus911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:26 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2019 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2019, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.